Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 67 Georgetown 60

Featured Replies

I'll reserve my props for after the title game... because in football, they deserved no pats on the back for getting there.

:sleep: I don't think they expected any pats on the back but they did deserve to be there.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The refs were consistent on both ends of the court. They didn't benefit anyone either way. Stop complaining about it.

 

Congrats Buckeyes on the nice win.

He's been very passive on that end all season. He's a team guy to a fault a lot of the time...
That was beyond passive. I really can't remember him not getting involved to that degree all sesason. Looking at his stats, it was the fewest shots Jeff Green has taken since the 8th of January against Nova (also a G'Town loss.)
No that one was on Oden but, I thin k the refs were trying to make up for some of the no-calls earlier in the game.:D

 

You didt think that was a charge on Oden when he ran over Green and missed the dunk? Because it obviously was, Green was just standing there. The way the ref made the call was horrible, took him a few seconds to call the block, hmmmm.

  • Author

I do recall how many times I heard G-Town was winning this game again the great posters on this site was WRONG AGAIN. :)

  • Author
You didt think that was a charge on Oden when he ran over Green and missed the dunk? Because it obviously was, Green was just standing there. The way the ref made the call was horrible, took him a few seconds to call the block, hmmmm.

I said that one was on ODEN read my post again.:thumb:

I thought the Hoyas would win this one...Props to OSU for reaching the title game in basketball and football.

I also had G-Town picked in this one and on my bracket sheet Congrats to the Ohio State Buckeyes :thumb: , they were the better team tonight.

The refs were consistent on both ends of the court. They didn't benefit anyone either way. Stop complaining about it.

 

Congrats Buckeyes on the nice win.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree! There were bad calls that went both ways.

because in football, they deserved no pats on the back for getting there.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Unbelievable, no...I take that back - that comment from you is very believable. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: OSU didn't deserve to be in the NCAA football title game?? :lol: All the Buckeyes did was go 12-0, win the Big10 title and BEAT Michigan to get there and were ranked #1 from start to the championship game. Your comment is laughable, but expected.:rolleyes:

 

This is Basketball season though and I do believe the ball was round tonight and not oblong so I will not refer to football anymore on a final four "Basketball' thread.

Good to read the comments and see that I wasn't the only one that noticed the refs were VERY inconsistent on both ends. I didn't really care who won, I just wanted a good game called evenly.

 

Refs couldn't decide whether to let them play or call it close. BUT, with all that said, Ohio St is/was the better team and they will have a great shot Monday night regardless of who they play.

Dustin Dow from the Enquirer had an interesting thought on why OSU was able to defend Green...

 

When Ohio State narrowly defeated Xavier in the second round, Doellman kept catching the ball at the high post, which made Xavier's offense so much more efficient. Ohio State learned from that and used a mix of zone and man-to-man to prevent Green from getting the ball in the same position. As a result, he attempted just five shots and finished with nine points.

 

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/ncaa/2007/03/feeling-pretty-good.asp#links

I do recall how many times I heard G-Town was winning this game again the great posters on this site was WRONG AGAIN. :)

This can't be the same NCF that we've all gotten to know and respect. The posts are becoming harder to read in their choppiness and such. OSU may even win the title, or get blown out by UF...which would be mighty humbling, IMO. OSU is a good team, not great, and they have gotten repeated calls in their favor, that won't happen everyear, as they will likely go back into mediocrity in the very near future.

This can't be the same NCF that we've all gotten to know and respect. The posts are becoming harder to read in their choppiness and such. OSU may even win the title, or get blown out by UF...which would be mighty humbling, IMO. OSU is a good team, not great, and they have gotten repeated calls in their favor, that won't happen everyear, as they will likely go back into mediocrity in the very near future.

 

:thumb:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Unbelievable, no...I take that back - that comment from you is very believable. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: OSU didn't deserve to be in the NCAA football title game?? :lol: All the Buckeyes did was go 12-0, win the Big10 title and BEAT Michigan to get there and were ranked #1 from start to the championship game. Your comment is laughable, but expected.:rolleyes:

 

This is Basketball season though and I do believe the ball was round tonight and not oblong so I will not refer to football anymore on a final four "Basketball' thread.

tO$U absolutely deserved their shot at the title. But after the showing they had, I have a hard time giving them attaboys for it.

Personally I hope that UF wins by more points than OSU scores. Is it just me or did OSU have one of the easiest roads to the championship game that I've seen in a long time? Not that they won them easily but the level of talent they played against.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.