Jodie Meeks will return to UK

Sportz Addict

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see that he wants to stay at UK. It shows that he can fight through adversity and still remain positive. This kid has a tremendous upside and from all indication works just as hard in the classroom as he does on the court. That is IMO a successful combination.

Jodie Meeks is staying at UK according to his father who posts on the message board,Wildcat Nation

I wonder how reliable of a source this is?

Here is what Mr. Meeks said, if it is indeed him, on another message board...

Hey Wildcat Nation. Just sitting here like most of you trying to absorb the enormity of what has happened over the last few days. i would like to dispell the rumors if possible. I am disappointed and saddened by Coach Smith leaving, but understand if it was his decision and wish him well. He is a friend and a very good person.

That said, Jodie and I have had no conversations about leaving UK. He is focusing on his school work and not on all of the other 'stuff' that is circulating. He is a good kid, and naturally looked to Coach Smith as a friend and mentor. I am very nervous and excited as most of you as to who will be our next coach, but now is definitely not the time to be discussing bailing out.

We have some interesting days ahead. I being the optimist will look at the future with hope and excitement.

Was there any doubt that he was leaving? Or just some UK fans with the "sky is falling" mindset?

The second. Some of the pro-Tubby people REALLY wanting to say "I told ya so" at the expense of UK basketball.