Schaub to Texans

What a bad 11 months for the Texans. I like Schaub a lot but I feel he's right on par with the talent level of Carr and they gave up a lot to get him. I wonder if teams will look to trade for Carr or just wait for him to be cut. Great move for Petrino and Atlanta and another blunder for the Texans...

Bingo.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we will have another quarterback contraversy this offseason. Last year it was Daunte and Harrington, now unless he is cut it shall be Carr and Shaub battling it out. I think the Texans totally blew it on this one. If they cannot protect, then Shaub will fair no better or maybe not even as good as Carr. However, if Carr does get cut and recieves another chance, it could be the best thing to ever happen to him, while Shaub will be plagued by horid line play for the rest of his career.

I think coach Petrino ends a nasty QB issue by getting rid of Schaub. I think he moved up to #8 in hopes of getting Brady Quinn at that spot. The two #2s are huge in the plan to build a winner in Atlanta. I think Bobby made a great move, I hope it works out for him.:thumb:

I think Petrino is unloading a talent in Schaub and giving Vick one last year to perform, and that he will jockey for position to draft Brian Brohm next season.

YUP:thumb: :thumb:

I agree completely.

Even if he can't get his hands of Brohm, they still trade Vick.

I think they pick up good draft picks this year then trade Vick for an even BETTER year of recruiting.

2 years from now...Atlanta could have a ton of quality players.

I think coach Petrino ends a nasty QB issue by getting rid of Schaub. I think he moved up to #8 in hopes of getting Brady Quinn at that spot. The two #2s are huge in the plan to build a winner in Atlanta. I think Bobby made a great move, I hope it works out for him.:thumb:

I don't think that is his plan, if Vick is his QB then get rid of Schaub for draft picks. Use the picks to add weapons and beef up the defence. By adding Quinn, Petrino would be showing no confidence in his ego driven QB. If Quinn is the QB he wanted, then trade Vick, keep Schaub till BQ is ready to play.

After rethinking this trade, the only way I feel ATL or Petrino could have came out better is if they got rid of Vick, kept Schaub, and stole more picks and players from the Texans.

That's what I would have been trying to do anyway.:D