dinoradja

16th Region KABC Coach and Player of the Year:

Matthew Daniel of Rowan County was awarded player of the year and Mays of Elliott County was coach of the year. Matthew has quite a resume over the years and has excelled on and off the court, GPA of 4.1 not too bad. Of course Mays has coached Elliott to their first trip to the state tournament. I was slightly surprised at Daniel winning, not disappointed mind you, he is very deserving of this award. And Matthew is the third player from Rowan to win the award recently, with Stephen Kidd and Bryannt Furman being other recent winners. Great job.

Come on what??? The kid can play and so can Vanhoose and McDavid and Ferguson, and the Faulkners, and so on and so on. Somebody had to win. The kid is deserving of this award dont take it away from him.

He had a great year and outstanding career as well. On and off the court his stats stand up to anyone in the region.

VanHoose was the best player in the region. Daniels is a good player and evidently a great student, but outside his coach, I don't know a coach in the region who wouldn't rather have VanHoose on his team if given a choice. These awards always puzzle my poor little mind!

I think the coaches vote for this award, which if that is the case then they would be the ones proclaiming him player of the year over Vanhoose and McDavid. Daniel's stats are as good across the line as Vanhoose without benefit of as good a supporting cast. I applaude the coaches vote for him and am very happy for this well deserving young man.

Yes, both the Daniel kid and Coach Mays are deserving...congratulations.

I think the coaches vote for this award, which if that is the case then they would be the ones proclaiming him player of the year over Vanhoose and McDavid. Daniel's stats are as good across the line as Vanhoose without benefit of as good a supporting cast. I applaude the coaches vote for him and am very happy for this well deserving young man.

Matt can match stat for stat with anyone, so whats the problem?

I would take a kid half as talented as either of those two in a minute.

Matt can match stat for stat with anyone, so whats the problem?

I can't figure out what the problem would be either. Here is a kid who has attended one high school, done a great job on and off of the court and has every intangible to win this award. I for one think the coaches made an outstanding choice. :ylsuper:

Vanhoose only attended one high school, although he played for two...but what's that got to do with anything???

I hadn't really thought about Daniel's in terms of his supporting cast and coach. While I still think VanHoose is the more complete player, I cannot argue with you all that Daniels is deserving.