Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drew McDavid

Featured Replies

As we near the end of the basketball season we also come to the end of McDavid's career at Ashland. I believe it is safe to say that it was one of the finest careers in the long and storied history of Ashland basketball. It is unfortunate that he did not have an opportunity to play in a state tournament but that, in no way, detracts from his accomplishments.

 

I am a Rose Hill advocate and, as such, I am often seen as one who has few good comments about Ashland. While I would dispute that perception, I know how the game of politics is played in this area and I enjoy playing it.

 

McDavid is far from the best player to ever play in this area. However, he may well be the most consistent. He continually put up double figures in scoring and in rebounding. He always gave everything he had in effort and was a pleasure to watch.

 

I don't know him but I will miss seeing him compete. I tip my hat, although it is blue and white with a big "R" on it, to Drew McDavid and wish him every success at Georgetown and, if I can end on a partisan note, I am sure glad that the Royals will not have to face him next year.:thumb:

I have seen McDavid play on countless occassions and he is about as old school as you can get. He gets the job done in a workmanlike and unflashy manner while also posting unbelievable stats. Watching this man (he is certainly no kid anymore) you just know that he would throw out all the personal stats for just one more win for his team. Truly a great leader and competitor, I too will miss watching Drew McDavid. He is a perfect example of what high school sports ALWAYS should be.

I am sure glad that the Royals will not have to face him next year.:thumb:
This is about as great a compliment anyone could pay a fine young man and extraordinary competitor... and for what it's worth, I agree. :thumb:

 

Drew is about as upstanding and respectable a young man as this area has launched into the world. I genuinely love and respect him and wish him nothing but the best in his collegiate and career pursuits. :thumb:

 

The one thing I can't figure out is how he got all that talent and ability from his mom's side of the family... :confused: :sssh: ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

Actually his dad Joe was a pretty good athlete in his day, but it's fair to say that Drew kicked things up a notch. :thumb:

A very classy post scooterbob!

As we near the end of the basketball season we also come to the end of McDavid's career at Ashland. I believe it is safe to say that it was one of the finest careers in the long and storied history of Ashland basketball. It is unfortunate that he did not have an opportunity to play in a state tournament but that, in no way, detracts from his accomplishments.

 

I am a Rose Hill advocate and, as such, I am often seen as one who has few good comments about Ashland. While I would dispute that perception, I know how the game of politics is played in this area and I enjoy playing it.

 

McDavid is far from the best player to ever play in this area. However, he may well be the most consistent. He continually put up double figures in scoring and in rebounding. He always gave everything he had in effort and was a pleasure to watch.

 

I don't know him but I will miss seeing him compete. I tip my hat, although it is blue and white with a big "R" on it, to Drew McDavid and wish him every success at Georgetown and, if I can end on a partisan note, I am sure glad that the Royals will not have to face him next year.:thumb:

Grat post Scooterbob. :thumb:

Drew McDavid is probably one of the best "upstanding citizen" athletes this area has truly seen. He has tremendous work ethic, discipline, and great athletic skills. I will miss watching and reading about him on a daily basis.

 

The only knock I have on him (and he has no control of this) is: There are many players and teams that always get "bad" calls against them, but Drew has always been a beneficiary of calls for him. I have seen him play very agressive and strong (over the years) and calls against him never been seen by the officials. Because of his great composure and talent, many officials have always given him the benefit of the doubt for the past two years and just let him play his game versus calling a "consistent" game against him and Ashland.

Drew McDavid is probably one of the best "upstanding citizen" athletes this area has truly seen. He has tremendous work ethic, discipline, and great athletic skills. I will miss watching and reading about him on a daily basis.

 

The only knock I have on him (and he has no control of this) is: There are many players and teams that always get "bad" calls against them, but Drew has always been a beneficiary of calls for him. I have seen him play very agressive and strong (over the years) and calls against him never been seen by the officials. Because of his great composure and talent, many officials have always given him the benefit of the doubt for the past two years and just let him play his game versus calling a "consistent" game against him and Ashland.

I guess everyone has his own opinion, but I don't really see the need to put this comment in this post. Just congratulate McDavid, wish him well, and let that be the end of it

[/b]

I guess everyone has his own opinion, but I don't really see the need to put this comment in this post. Just congratulate McDavid, wish him well, and let that be the end of it

 

:thumb: AGREED!!!!! Sounds like sour grapes from a sore loser.

 

I wish Drew nothing but the best in life after high school. He has always been a class act in everything he has done, and I am sure that will continue through life. Drew has been the backbone for Ashland bball and will be sorely missed by them, and I'm sure every team in the region will be thankfull that they do not have to face him anymore. Good luck at G-town Drew.:banana:

Intentional Foul, Don't take my comment as a negative. I loved watching him play every time I get a chance too. He is a great kid and athlete.

 

Now with that said. All I am saying is that Drew has benefitted from being a very talented, composed athlete day in and day out and with that he has been given the "love" of the areas officials (may I add we are stressing 16th region here).

 

This is NOT a negative comment!!! Everyone loves a winner, and Drew is a WINNER. Don't try to spin my words.

[/b]

I guess everyone has his own opinion, but I don't really see the need to put this comment in this post. Just congratulate McDavid, wish him well, and let that be the end of it

I agree here (about the comment in question). I really don't see what that one had to do about anything but as you say to each his own. I do not know Drew McDavid but I do know that he is a great competitor and understand that he is a fine young man both on and off the court.

 

Good Luck to D. McDavid at the next level. :thumb: He has been another fine one in a looooooooooong list of great ones that have came out of an Ashland Tomcat program.

Drew is a great representative of some of the best things about High School Sports, look for Drew to have a good career at Georgetown. He has always been a winner, and I will proudly claim the distinction of being his first aau coach where we were runnerup in the state as 5th graders and he played a key role as a 4th grader! (Of course after he dumped the coaching baggage, he was able to improve to State Champ for the next 4 years lol)

I bet those Tar Heels still have dreams about him:thumb:

Intentional Foul, Don't take my comment as a negative. I loved watching him play every time I get a chance too. He is a great kid and athlete.

 

Now with that said. All I am saying is that Drew has benefitted from being a very talented, composed athlete day in and day out and with that he has been given the "love" of the areas officials (may I add we are stressing 16th region here).

 

This is NOT a negative comment!!! Everyone loves a winner, and Drew is a WINNER. Don't try to spin my words.

Dawgdays you must have been posting this at the same time that I was posting my last one. Thanks for the explanation, I must had misunderstood what you were saying also. :thumb:

Intentional Foul, Don't take my comment as a negative. I loved watching him play every time I get a chance too. He is a great kid and athlete.

 

Now with that said. All I am saying is that Drew has benefitted from being a very talented, composed athlete day in and day out and with that he has been given the "love" of the areas officials (may I add we are stressing 16th region here).

 

This is NOT a negative comment!!! Everyone loves a winner, and Drew is a WINNER. Don't try to spin my words.

 

Not trying to spin anything - just didn't want any possible negatives associated with this post. Thanks for your clarification and your support of McDavid.

Drew is a great representative of some of the best things about High School Sports

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Drew is an outstanding young man. He will do well and go far.

 

What a wonderful testament it is that so many people recognize this about him!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.