Simon Kenton 62 Gallatin Co. 44

I didn't see any missed calls, not sure if he remembered my number or not. I think OC will slow the ball down a bit, sit in a zone and try to make SK win from the outside tomorrow.

I'm sure Coach Forrest will have a few different schemes. Good coaches always do. I just hope SK shoots the ball like they did tonight.Zach was huge tonight.It was really good to see Coach Humphrey there tonight as well as Troy "BIG MAC" McKinley.

I'm also glad coach H showed up to support SK and Steiner, he's all class. Too bad Highlands had a few good teams while he was SK's coach.

I started to post, then not post, then maybe post. I couldn't help it, from my middle school years til my Jr. Sr. I HATED those guys, everytime they'd be the ones to stop SK, SR felt great, then SK actually did the impossible and lost 3 times in one year to the same team all in close games. Talk about some luck, I'm still scarred I think..

This was the best ive seen SK play in a while and the best defense i may have ever seen this team play. Every player on this team was hustling and getting after it on each play. Hurd was even on the ground going for loose balls. Hopefully they play like this in the championship game. If so i dont believe Oldham has much of a chance.

I would say one reason they played their best in a while is they knew they had to bring their A game to win. They beat a heckuva basketball team tonight. The Cats just did not have it. That is to Simon's credit. Good luck in the finals.

Sorry for not getting in here before now. That 2+ hour drive back home is a killer. Couple of things in what was mentioned above.

First off, #22 for GC wasn't 100%. He had been ill for a couple of days I understand.

I do agree with Mack that the Wildcats were just outplayed. You would have thought that once Hurd got on a roll, that they would have started to double him up, but they just don't have the size to match up that well.

Congratulations to SK and Coach Steiner. The better team won. Plain and simple.

The Wildcats have had a great season, no doubt. They'll be back there again.

Nice to meet hopper24 at the game.

GC just had no answer for Hurd on defense and SK really got after it on the defensive end, they played a very good game tonight, something I hope continues into tomorrow night. I thought #22 for GC would have gotten more time since he seems to be one of their bigger players, and can really get off the ground. Does he always receive limited time? I liked seeing Kohrs doing the little things, he brings a bit of attitude to the floor, every team needs a kid like him, he's not afraid to mix it up in the middle. BTW I missed the "T" called against him, did he say something to the ref?

The official said that he kicked a player.

I was afraid this game would go this way I new that SK would be to big inside but I thought maybe Gallatin would be able to force some turnovers and push the tempo. I do think SK is the best team in the 8th this year and hopfully they get the chance to represent us in Rupp.