Powell County 80 Estill County 78

It was another enjoyable game in the 14th region. Estill kept climbing back in it and threatening, but they could never get any closer than 4. They hit a 3 at the buzzer. That's why they only lost by 2.

It was a physical game, and this always favors Powell. I thought it was well officiated for the most part. I like a physical game, and that's exactly what it was. The Denis kid did play very well tonight, and it's a good thing for the Pirates that he did.

Both coaches had excellent gameplans. Tiller was not going to let Romans beat him, and Lively was not going to let Christopher and Berryman send his team home either. Christopher did have a good game, but he did most of his damage late when he was the only scorer left for the Engineers.

I was very impressed with #4 from Estill. He has very nice moves is quite a smooth young player. His performance reminded me a lot of Drew Davidson's emergence this time last year, except this kid has a jumpshot.

Both coaches handled themselves and their teams very well after the game and they are to be commended for that. Coach Tiller is quite the intimidating presence on the sidelines and, in fact, is quite scary sometimes. However, the way he handled his players as they fouled out one by one near the end of the game, he looked like a big teddy bear. I love it when you see a monster of man like this turn mushy. He seems to be one of those coaches that kids would run through a wall for.

As for Powell and Coach Lively, congrats. The best motivator in the region is padding his resume once again with a return trip to the region and what should be his second district championship in 2 tries.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#10 for Powell is Danny Dennis, a senior. He can shoot the lights out. #23 Daniel Kinser, a junior added 21 pts. The Pirates played as a team last night. These boys want a championship Sat. night. GO Pirates!!!!
Welcome to BGP big red fan and here is a link, for New Members.

:thumb:

Pirates played well. Pelfrey done a great job on Berryman most of the night defensively. Great career for Cody. Christopher's points came mostly at the end when I think the game was out of reach. I think he scored 11 in the last 1 and half minutes. Still a great player but Powell done a good job on him also.

What about those sophmores for Estill? They will be a force to be reckoned with in over the next couple of years.

It was another enjoyable game in the 14th region. Estill kept climbing back in it and threatening, but they could never get any closer than 4. They hit a 3 at the buzzer. That's why they only lost by 2.

It was a physical game, and this always favors Powell. I thought it was well officiated for the most part. I like a physical game, and that's exactly what it was. The Denis kid did play very well tonight, and it's a good thing for the Pirates that he did.

Both coaches had excellent gameplans. Tiller was not going to let Romans beat him, and Lively was not going to let Christopher and Berryman send his team home either. Christopher did have a good game, but he did most of his damage late when he was the only scorer left for the Engineers.

I was very impressed with #4 from Estill. He has very nice moves is quite a smooth young player. His performance reminded me a lot of Drew Davidson's emergence this time last year, except this kid has a jumpshot.

Both coaches handled themselves and their teams very well after the game and they are to be commended for that. Coach Tiller is quite the intimidating presence on the sidelines and, in fact, is quite scary sometimes. However, the way he handled his players as they fouled out one by one near the end of the game, he looked like a big teddy bear. I love it when you see a monster of man like this turn mushy. He seems to be one of those coaches that kids would run through a wall for.

As for Powell and Coach Lively, congrats. The best motivator in the region is padding his resume once again with a return trip to the region and what should be his second district championship in 2 tries.

That's exactly the kind of coach he is.

Owsley will win this one.Powell has all the great players, but Owsley has the best coach.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I can't begin to think that Owsley has the best coach, when Coach Lively of Powell won the Coach of the year honor at Jackson last season. Powell also tied for the regular season with Lee co. at 5-1, whom lost to Owsley in the first round. Powell has beat Owsley by a total of 54 points in the previous two meetings and i don't see them beating Powell on Saturday. :banana:

Good win Powell, goodluck at region! :walk:

They won't be overlooked. IMO Owsley has everyone's respect from around the region. I just can't see them pulling back-to-back upsets. It will be hard for Owsley to contain Romans downlow. I like Powell in this one.

That's exactly the kind of coach he is.

That's great, and that's the type of guy I'd love to see any kid of mine play for. Hang in there Neers, when everyone gets used to you guys in a couple of years, you'll be right in the mix.

By the way, I'm sure you guys miss the days of traveling to the Fieldhouse, huh? Actually, I guess it's probably closer going there than to Letcher. It'll be worth it though when you just have to go to Powell.

Even As great of atmosphere as the fieldhouse creates, Estill fans will NEVER miss going to Mason Co. Why would anyone want to travel that far to play the home team EVERY year who is the regional favorite almost every year. The 56th district is as much fun as basketball can be. Thank you 14th region

Even As great of atmosphere as the fieldhouse creates, Estill fans will NEVER miss going to Mason Co. Why would anyone want to travel that far to play the home team EVERY year who is the regional favorite almost every year. The 56th district is as much fun as basketball can be. Thank you 14th region

You're welcome, and we're glad to have ya'll as our newest member.:thumb:

Love that train whistle......what a band!!!