Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are Blacks ready for a Black President?

Featured Replies

No, I called him phat. :cool:

 

Semantics! :p

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^99.99% of black voters will vote for the black candidate.

I know of one black female that could earn my vote... :D

 

 

lol I know one black female that certainly would not earn mine, nor would she earn a very large percentage of Americans. One vote she might get is GWB. The tabloids continue to say that she and he are a "we." My mom says that if its the Enquirer, then it is most certainly true. :lol:

My mom says that if its the Enquirer, then it is most certainly true. :lol:
...or in the P&R Forum of BGP... :lol:

Watching the Today show this morning, as I got dressed and Chris Matthews was on there. A very interesting comment was made.

 

Bill Clinton was referred to as the first Black President and how Hillary is calling him in when she speaks to African Americans to ride his coattails.

 

It was pointed out that Barack was not considered black enough because of his mother, (I believe she was white??)

 

So, the logic here is that the white male who has no black in his ancestry is more black than the guy who has one black parent????????:confused: :confused:

Watching the Today show this morning, as I got dressed and Chris Matthews was on there. A very interesting comment was made.

 

Bill Clinton was referred to as the first Black President and how Hillary is calling him in when she speaks to African Americans to ride his coattails.

 

It was pointed out that Barack was not considered black enough because of his mother, (I believe she was white??)

 

So, the logic here is that the white male who has no black in his ancestry is more black than the guy who has one black parent????????:confused: :confused:

It's an illogic. But it's a powerful one.

 

Like I said earlier in this thread, you just can't imagine how much cache the Clinton name has in the African American community.

  • Author

In the past week, the African American vote has really swung away from Hillary and for Barack. So maybe they are ready for a black president!

In the past week, the African American vote has really swung away from Hillary and for Barack. So maybe they are ready for a black president!
I think there are two reasons for that:

 

1) There's been a lot of talk like the topic of this thread, and I think some African American leaders were really shamed into beating bushes for Obama.

 

2) Many may not have known he was black. :D

  • Author
1) There's been a lot of talk like the topic of this thread, and I think some African American leaders were really shamed into beating bushes for Obama.
I think it's just because of this thread. ;)
I think there are two reasons for that:

 

1) There's been a lot of talk like the topic of this thread, and I think some African American leaders were really shamed into beating bushes for Obama.

 

2) Many may not have known he was black. :D

This morning Today said a well-known black civil rights leader, can't remember his name but he was on stage with both this weekend, was ready to commit his support to Barack. And then Bill called and he decided to remain mum this weekend. They had him on camera, saying he had received a call from Mr. Clinton but he was going to keep that conversation private.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.