Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Lincoln County

Featured Replies

What does Lincoln County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have anybody to replace the two kids who were so quick last year? Those two kids gave them ability to score at any time from anywhere.

The Lincoln Co. coaching staff will have their work cut out for them trying to replace the seniors from the 2006 team. Not only Miller and Calhoun but Elliot and Mason will be hard to replace. For LC to maintain last years winning ways, LC needs to concentrate on fundementals of football : blocking and tackling and controling the line of scrimmage are keys to any teams success. On special teams Coach French needs to find someone to replace Calhoun's kicking, he did agood job last year keeping opposing teams on their end of the field when LC's offense stalled. I look for LC to have another successful year . The senior class for 07 was prehaps the best middlle school squad in LC's history and though several of those boys no longer play, I expect underclassmen Edwards,Marcum,and Halcomb, among many others who were key in the 06 success to play even bigger roles in 07. GOOD LUCK TO THE PATS IN 07:thumb:

Are you talking about the '07 class that graduated or the '08 class next season? Last years seniors didn't have a great middle school career they were sanwiched in between the two best. I look for more of a team oriented style of play, I actually think this team can be better if they learn to play as a unit, otherwise they might have a little trouble, I've heard good things out of Calhoun's little brother, maybe he can fill the void a little.

In this thread http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=115115, I posted this about LC's 2007 schedule:

 

Series Records

 

Bell County- This will be first meeting.

 

Bardstown- This will be first meeting.

 

Mercer County- Lincoln County leads the 7 game series 6 games to 1.

 

Southwestern- Southwestern leads the 5 game series 5 game to 0.

 

Garrard County- Lincoln County leads the 22 game series 14 games to 8.

 

Rockcastle County-Lincoln County leads the 17 game series 10 games to 7.

 

Pulaski County- Lincoln County leads the 9 games series 5 games to 4.

 

South Laurel- South Laurel leads the 3 game series 2 games to 1.

 

Scott County- Lincoln County leads the 10 game series 8 games to 2.

 

Hopkinsville- This will be the first meeting.

 

Combined Record against 2007 schedule: 44-29

In this thread http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=115115, I posted this about LC's 2007 schedule:

 

Series Records

 

Bell County- This will be first meeting.

 

Bardstown- This will be first meeting.

 

Mercer County- Lincoln County leads the 7 game series 6 games to 1.

 

Southwestern- Southwestern leads the 5 game series 5 game to 0.

 

Garrard County- Lincoln County leads the 22 game series 14 games to 8.

 

Rockcastle County-Lincoln County leads the 17 game series 10 games to 7.

 

Pulaski County- Lincoln County leads the 9 games series 5 games to 4.

 

South Laurel- South Laurel leads the 3 game series 2 games to 1.

 

Scott County- Lincoln County leads the 10 game series 8 games to 2.

 

Hopkinsville- This will be the first meeting.

 

Combined Record against 2007 schedule: 44-29

 

I am not sure this is right??

I think LC beat SW in a District Title game in 03 or 04... Not sure thou

I am not sure this is right??

I think LC beat SW in a District Title game in 03 or 04... Not sure thou

 

 

I am sure it is right. Lincoln County was not a threat for the District Title in 2003 or 2004.

 

Year/Winner/Score/At

 

1996 SW 21-12 SW

1999 SW 25-9 SW

2000 SW 41-21 LC

2003 SW 49-21 LC

2004 SW 48-7 SW

I'm sorry it was Madison Central in 2002. Thats who I was thinking about.

I'm sorry it was Madison Central in 2002. Thats who I was thinking about.

 

The only times Lincoln County and Madison Central have played on the varsity level was a MC victory in 05 and two Lincoln Co. wins in 06.

 

They never played before 05.

 

Madison Central and Southwestern have played twice, when they were in the same district in 01 and 02. They split the series with SW winning at home in 01 and MC winning at home in 02. Whitley Co. won the district title in 01 and MC in 02 so I think you have the wrong team again.

I'm sorry it was Madison Central in 2002. Thats who I was thinking about.

 

Lincoln County hasn't won a regional title since 1993 when they beat Meade County. They lost in the regional championship game in 1994 (Nelson County, 17-12), 1995 (Montgomery County, 25-21) and 1999 (Bullitt East, 38-12). I think you might have Lincoln confused with another school.

The only times Lincoln County and Madison Central have played on the varsity level was a MC victory in 05 and two Lincoln Co. wins in 06.

 

They never played before 05.

 

Madison Central and Southwestern have played twice, when they were in the same district in 01 and 02. They split the series with SW winning at home in 01 and MC winning at home in 02. Whitley Co. won the district title in 01 and MC in 02 so I think you have the wrong team again.

 

 

That's what I meant. It was MC that SW lost too not LC.

Really looking forward to the Bell Co. and Lincoln Co. game. Should be a good one.

Really looking forward to the Bell Co. and Lincoln Co. game. Should be a good one.

 

Where is the Death Valley Bowl? I believe that this game is part of that? Any history of the event?

Where is the Death Valley Bowl? I believe that this game is part of that? Any history of the event?

Death Valley is the name of the Lincoln Co. Football stadium,has a great history to it. If you're coming from Bell Co. you will come to a stop light off 150 turn left on hwy 27 the school is about two miles on left, can't miss it.

Any chances of some of those current sophmores/juniors that played key roles in middle school and as freshman to perhaps put the pads on next year?

 

The Lincoln Co. coaching staff will have their work cut out for them trying to replace the seniors from the 2006 team. Not only Miller and Calhoun but Elliot and Mason will be hard to replace. For LC to maintain last years winning ways, LC needs to concentrate on fundementals of football : blocking and tackling and controling the line of scrimmage are keys to any teams success. On special teams Coach French needs to find someone to replace Calhoun's kicking, he did agood job last year keeping opposing teams on their end of the field when LC's offense stalled. I look for LC to have another successful year . The senior class for 07 was prehaps the best middlle school squad in LC's history and though several of those boys no longer play, I expect underclassmen Edwards,Marcum,and Halcomb, among many others who were key in the 06 success to play even bigger roles in 07. GOOD LUCK TO THE PATS IN 07:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.