2007 Middlesboro

theguru

Middlesboro lost a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Gone are Trevor Hoskins (QB), Nick Reynolds(OL), Andrew Breeding (TE/LB), Jordan Bisceglia (K), C.G. Ford (RB/DB) and Casey Earls (RB/LB).

The biggest question mark for Middlesboro In 07 will be at the QB position ,Who is going to play QB for the Jackets?? A lot of rumors are pointing toward JR Hunter Adams who In 06 he was our leading receiver.

Last years backup QB Eddie Gilbert might make the move from QB to WR In 07.

The line for Middlesboro will be VERY good cause all the starters are back.

Until Middlesboro makes some changes defensively they have NO SHOT at advancing past the regional finals.

Middlesboro was the most athletic team in 2A last season but, I really felt that their line play was a weakness, and their defense was just plain awful. Belfry really exploited these factors.

I personally think that Hoskins isn't the biggest loss from last season, Casey Earls is going to be very hard to replace on both sides of the ball. That kid played with a ton of passion.

Adams will be a playmaker wherever he winds up, and Farr has alot of speed at receiver.

I see the Jackets winning 6 or 7 games and making a fairly quick exit in the playoffs.

• 2 months later...

The 'Boro (or 'Borough depending on which sign you read as you enter town) should have a pretty good test early, playing Knox Central in Corbin's Pigskin Classic on Aug 31st. I've heard some good things about the Panthers coming out of spring practice.

2C, Middlesboro chose not to renew the contract with Bell beginning last season I believe.

Everything orisonspi said above is true, and to add just a little to that, I was most disappointed with the Jackets effort and attitude. To put it plainly, they quit. Even in the first half, when Belfry got past the first line of defense a couple of times, they didn't even give chase and just let the runner go and got ready to line up for the extra point. It wasn't the effort I was expecting of them.

Almost everyone. But we probably should stick to discussing M'boro here. :thumb:

I think Middlesboro will fall to Knox Central this year. Coach Mills was at Bell County long enough to learn the blue print on how to beat Middlesboro. Look for that to happen this year.