Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co 102 Fairview 98 2 OT

Featured Replies

While I agree, they are several quicker and more athletic teams not only in the state, but inside their own region. But I disagree with you on them not being able to "hang in there." Elliott Co can score with anyone in the state and plays as hard as anyone in the state. They played a South Charleston team who was much quicker, bigger and more athletic to 3 points. That South Charleston would compete for a state title in Kentucky. I do agree with you though, there is a select few that, this year, Elliott probably couldn't "hang in there" with.

I'm sorry I have a hard time believeing that Elliott can hang with the big boys just yet. If they were such an elite offensive machine then why not an All 'A' title at the very least. I can say the young Lions are a quality 16th Region team, but not a top tier team for the state of Kentucky (and that's no slap in the face, just fact).

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott county killed South Charleston in a pre-season schrimmage soo i truly doubt they could compete in ky.

I'm sorry I have a hard time believeing that Elliott can hang with the big boys just yet. If they were such an elite offensive machine then why not an All 'A' title at the very least. I can say the young Lions are a quality 16th Region team, but not a top tier team for the state of Kentucky (and that's no slap in the face, just fact).

A very good and honest post. Until the Lions at least perform better in the All A then to say that they are a top tier team is a reach. It is one thing to be one of the top two or three teams in the 16th Region, but an entire different thing to be considered one of the top teams in the state.

Scott county killed South Charleston in a pre-season schrimmage soo i truly doubt they could compete in ky.

 

South Charleston didnt have there starting pointguard and another player in the scrimmage against Scott Co. In the scrimmage S. Charleston was down 10 with 10 min. left in the game and then they didnt play there starters that they did have there the rest of the game. The game was acually closer then the final score of the scrimmage.

I'm sorry I have a hard time believeing that Elliott can hang with the big boys just yet. If they were such an elite offensive machine then why not an All 'A' title at the very least. I can say the young Lions are a quality 16th Region team, but not a top tier team for the state of Kentucky (and that's no slap in the face, just fact).

 

While you may be right on them not being one of the top teams in the state but what I am saying is they are not going to get "run off the floor" as you put it in an earlier post by many teams in Kentucky, while they could possible be a few exceptions. Also, the comment about the South Charleston/ Scott Co scrimage, South Charleston was very short handed and would be no doubt in my mind a top 10 team in the state.

A very good and honest post. Until the Lions at least perform better in the All A then to say that they are a top tier team is a reach. It is one thing to be one of the top two or three teams in the 16th Region, but an entire different thing to be considered one of the top teams in the state.

 

And just to clear this up, I never said Elliott County was a top team in the state. What I said was, Elliott County played South Charleston a good game and that South Charleston would compete for a state championship in KY. There is a difference.

I'm sorry I have a hard time believeing that Elliott can hang with the big boys just yet. If they were such an elite offensive machine then why not an All 'A' title at the very least. I can say the young Lions are a quality 16th Region team, but not a top tier team for the state of Kentucky (and that's no slap in the face, just fact).

 

Soldier, you are right. Elliott can not hang with the big boys in the state just yet. However, neither can Russell, Ashland, Greenup or Rose Hill. :thumb:

Soldier, you are right. Elliott can not hang with the big boys in the state just yet. However, neither can Russell, Ashland, Greenup or Rose Hill. :thumb:

I agree that none of the 16th can quite hang with the big boys just yet. The only team that has performed well on a big stage was Rose Hill at "The King of The Bluegrass."

Scott Co. beat South Charleston by 14 I believe. South Charleston didn't have two of their starter's. One of the missing was their point guard!

Scott Co. beat South Charleston by 14 I believe. South Charleston didn't have two of their starter's. One of the missing was their point guard!

 

 

Actually my understanding was the score was something like 125-85(Scott Co) for five quarters-I know some people who are close to the Scott Co. program so I will try find out exactly what it was.Irregardless Elliott at worst is the third best team in the region and has a real shot at winning the 16th.When does Elliott play their district game?

I don't know if Mason County would be considered one of thebig boy's or not, but I do know Russell took them to overtime, losing only by two. Doe's that mean Mason isn't any good, or that Russell is one of the top in the state? Neither!!! It is just one ball game. Just like you judging Elliott by their "All A" performance "Soldier" and not 100% at that. Are we to judge Mason by their one game with Russell. I think not!! Imo Scott Co. is the only team that is head's above everyone else. Grant you Elliott Is not one of the top 20 in the state, but I don't think anyone would run them off the floor other than maybe Scott.Co. All in all this is just my opinion just like you had your's. Niether one amount's to squat until it's settled on the floor by whomever the contestant's may be!! Then you have a fact, not an opinion!!!!!!!

This thread is done.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.