Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 68 Lloyd 48

Featured Replies

Anyone have any stats from this game. I hear a freshman was getting a start in this one.

GIRL'S team started a frosh center, Bekah Towles! Don't know if he started but frosh Steven Kowolonek is in the box score with 5 points....he's the future "star". Speaking of starting a freshman, has a SOPHOMORE even DRESSED varsity this year for Highlands boys? It appears that Willie is "throwing away" every other year of players. Why?

...From KY Post web site:

 

HIGHLANDS 69, LLOYD 48 - Nic Simpson and Drew Simmons combined for 22 of Highlands' 39 first-half points, Simpson scoring 12 of his game high 16 and Simmons scoring 10 of his 14 before the break.

 

Simpson and Simmons scored six points each as the Bluebirds opened up a 17-point first quarter lead. Highlands led by 24 at halftime.

 

John Craddock paced Lloyd with 14 points.

 

HIGHLANDS 24 15 17 13 -69

at LLOYD 7 8 19 14 -48

 

 

HIGHLANDS (69): Connley 1 0 2, Simmons 5 3 14, Towles 0 1 1, Stewart 4 3 11, Simpson 5 6 16, Ball 0 2 2, Eaton 4 0 8, Baston 1 2 4, Wise 3 0 6, Kowolonek 2 0 5. Totals 25 17 69.

 

LLOYD (48): Gregory 2 5 10, Johnson 2 5 9, Kramer 1 2 4, Tackett 4 0 11, Craddock 4 4 14. Totals 13 16 48.

 

3-pointers: H -Simmons, Kowolonek. L -Tackett 3, Craddock 2, Gregory. Records: Highlands 7-16, Lloyd 9-17.

GIRL'S team started a frosh center, Bekah Towles! Don't know if he started but frosh Steven Kowolonek is in the box score with 5 points....he's the future "star". Speaking of starting a freshman, has a SOPHOMORE even DRESSED varsity this year for Highlands boys? It appears that Willie is "throwing away" every other year of players. Why?

 

 

I wouldnt call it throwing it away but if he projects this kid to be a starter next year or a key player, he might just be trying to get his feet wet in a Varsity game. I too think you should reward the sophs for busting their tails in JV games and practice with some varsity minutes but this might be his reasoning.

Hey..if you got a frosh "phenom" by all means accelerate the process. (ie the kid from Boone). Steven is GOING TO BE a very good player. But leap frogging a whole class of kids is a great way to build team dissention. Steven is not physically ready to play with the Varsity boys. He has a good outside shot and can handle the ball well. Not a phenom, though. He is though a non-FB kid who will be exclusive to hoops and can stay eligible. Could Willie be "ringing the clue phone" ???

Hey..if you got a frosh "phenom" by all means accelerate the process. (ie the kid from Boone). Steven is GOING TO BE a very good player. But leap frogging a whole class of kids is a great way to build team dissention. Steven is not physically ready to play with the Varsity boys. He has a good outside shot and can handle the ball well. Not a phenom, though. He is though a non-FB kid who will be exclusive to hoops and can stay eligible. Could Willie be "ringing the clue phone" ???

 

I agree and never mentioned phenom. If the kid has more upside than a sophomore than it is inevitable to get the minutes first. Just the way it is. Looks like a lot of the SR's and JR's saw minutes in this one.

  • Author

Speaking of starting a freshman, has a SOPHOMORE even DRESSED varsity this year for Highlands boys? It appears that Willie is "throwing away" every other year of players. Why?

IMO, the whole soph class is getting the shaft. I'm told that he is on every sophs rear end all the time, could be just trying to build character or see how much they want to play, but for whatever reason. I do hear a lot of complaints about the Coach, not from just players, but parents as well.

Speaking of starting a freshman, has a SOPHOMORE even DRESSED varsity this year for Highlands boys? It appears that Willie is "throwing away" every other year of players. Why?

IMO, the whole soph class is getting the shaft. I'm told that he is on every sophs rear end all the time, could be just trying to build character or see how much they want to play, but for whatever reason. I do hear a lot of complaints about the Coach, not from just players, but parents as well.

Sophomores have always gotten thier rears busted in Willie's system. That goes back to his Brossart days (at least his early ones). I feel that he is trying to weed out the ones who want to commit and the ones who are just sticking around.

Who in the sophomore class should be getting time?

Who is "getting the shaft"?

I do hear a lot of complaints about the Coach, not from just players, but parents as well.

 

SHOCKING!

 

I do get a kick out of you HHS b-ball fans.

  • Author

I prefer to leave names out of this. I hope you understand.

Speaking of starting a freshman, has a SOPHOMORE even DRESSED varsity this year for Highlands boys? It appears that Willie is "throwing away" every other year of players. Why?

IMO, the whole soph class is getting the shaft. I'm told that he is on every sophs rear end all the time, could be just trying to build character or see how much they want to play, but for whatever reason. I do hear a lot of complaints about the Coach, not from just players, but parents as well.

 

Parents complain--Shocking!! :D

I prefer to leave names out of this. I hope you understand.

 

I really don't understand.

 

It is no secret this Highlands team is struggling. If there was anyone that could help this team, why would Willie not have inserted them? He certainly had no problem playing Simpson and McGraw as freshman.

SHOCKING!

 

I do get a kick out of you HHS b-ball fans.

 

Two-game winning streak, we'll take it!

Everyone want to know why the basketball program is struggling, look at the above posts. Perhaps Willie should step down and let all of the armchair parents coach the team. I do believe that Willie needs to make himself more visible to the younger players in the community, but he is one of the best basketball coaches in the 9th region and that is a fact just ask the other coaches in the area. And I with Oldbird want to know who is getting the shaft? I know there have been several occassions this year where at least one or two of the sophomores were not eligible to participate. All of the above rhetoric is just another example of why Highlands athletics is and always will be football, football, football.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.