Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 68 Lloyd 48

Featured Replies

Everyone want to know why the basketball program is struggling, look at the above posts. Perhaps Willie should step down and let all of the armchair parents coach the team. I do believe that Willie needs to make himself more visible to the younger players in the community, but he is one of the best basketball coaches in the 9th region and that is a fact just ask the other coaches in the area. And I with Oldbird want to know who is getting the shaft? I know there have been several occassions this year where at least one or two of the sophomores were not eligible to participate. All of the above rhetoric is just another example of why Highlands athletics is and always will be football, football, football.

 

There were at least 3 players ineligible at the same time in the soph class. No names!

There were at least 3 players ineligible at the same time in the soph class. No names!

 

 

Well, I know Willie doesnt put up with kids falling behind on their grades. He made that point when he spoke to the 7th grade parents. He is a good coach, his offensive style is not to my liking but who really cares. There is nothing I personally can do about it, right. He is a competitor and demands the most out of the kids while they are on the floor and in the classroom, he simply lacks offensive talent this year. It didnt help that Mcgraw went down either. With nobody stepping up at the post to provide offense it allows teams to focus on defending Nic and letting the rest of the birds try to beat them.

 

Lets all just be glad they have strung together 2 wins in a row. I still think they will make noise in the District tournament and can make it to the Regional tournament.

Everyone want to know why the basketball program is struggling, look at the above posts. Perhaps Willie should step down and let all of the armchair parents coach the team. I do believe that Willie needs to make himself more visible to the younger players in the community, but he is one of the best basketball coaches in the 9th region and that is a fact just ask the other coaches in the area. And I with Oldbird want to know who is getting the shaft? I know there have been several occassions this year where at least one or two of the sophomores were not eligible to participate. All of the above rhetoric is just another example of why Highlands athletics is and always will be football, football, football.

 

I agree 83Birds!!

It's one thing to be on here complaining about the coach after a loss, but now the HHS faithful are even complaining about the coach following a 20 point Win!!! :rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.