Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daviess County 21 Central Hardin 20

Daviess County at Central Hardin 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets their first win of the season?

    • Daviess County
      80%
    • Central Hardin
      20%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/02/2026 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I guess at this point in the Bruins season the question isn't "can they win a game' but will they be able to score at some point this season? Maybe this is the week vs Daviess County where this team has the opportunity to put some points on the scoreboard.

Daviess County has been outscored 276- 49 While Central Hardin has been outscored 270-0 thru 6 games.

Central Hardin might be able to put some points on the board for the first time this season but I think Daviess County prevails in this matchup.

My prediction:

Daviess County 34

Central Hardin 7

  • Replies 43
  • Views 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Scott Co. runs the Wing-T. Check out their scores. They scored 71 last week. I guess you think it would be higher if they ran a spread.

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    So few people really understand football even at the high school level in my opinion. Running the wing t and wishbone got me to 5 state championship games. Both times we lost the teams that beat us ra

  • Hardin County Preps
    Hardin County Preps

    Final score Daviess County 21 Central Hardin 20

Posted Images

2 - 0 Daviess Co.

Did my eyes deceive me or was Central Hardin in the wishbone last week? I thought that was the biggest part of their problem the last few years, an antiquated offense. The wing T and then the triple option. I was under the impression they were going to spread it out and sling it around. I guess after a season like this the staff is simply grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. Daviess 28 CH 0.

I hope Central Hardin scores this week.

11 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Did my eyes deceive me or was Central Hardin in the wishbone last week? I thought that was the biggest part of their problem the last few years, an antiquated offense. The wing T and then the triple option. I was under the impression they were going to spread it out and sling it around. I guess after a season like this the staff is simply grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. Daviess 28 CH 0.

Honestly, when you're outmanned and undersized, the Wing T or Wishbone / Triple Option are very good options to run offensively. Of course, it takes some time to get the timing down, but it relies more on the defense being disciplined every play and to some degree, takes away the defense's advantage if they are more athletic than you.

  • Author
3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Did my eyes deceive me or was Central Hardin in the wishbone last week? I thought that was the biggest part of their problem the last few years, an antiquated offense. The wing T and then the triple option. I was under the impression they were going to spread it out and sling it around. I guess after a season like this the staff is simply grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. Daviess 28 CH 0.

When you lack size/talent and have a QB who cannot throw the ball, it is hard to run anything else. Thru 6 games they have thrown for only 37 yards.

I'll go with Daviess County by 10. I think Central Hardin scores.

On 9/29/2026 at 1:22 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

Honestly, when you're outmanned and undersized, the Wing T or Wishbone / Triple Option are very good options to run offensively. Of course, it takes some time to get the timing down, but it relies more on the defense being disciplined every play and to some degree, takes away the defense's advantage if they are more athletic than you.

The problem is that they did NOT run one of these "antiquated" offenses last year under the new coach. The new coach tried to come in and run a spread offense that did not fit the personnel. They basically lost a year of improving just do that they could run something "cool." The number one criteria of an effective offense is that it fits the players at that school. Examples: Army, Navy, Air Force. They would be terrible beyond recognition of they tried to run what everyone else is doing.

On 9/29/2026 at 1:08 PM, Space Cowboy said:

Did my eyes deceive me or was Central Hardin in the wishbone last week? I thought that was the biggest part of their problem the last few years, an antiquated offense. The wing T and then the triple option. I was under the impression they were going to spread it out and sling it around. I guess after a season like this the staff is simply grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. Daviess 28 CH 0.

On 9/29/2026 at 1:08 PM, Space Cowboy said:

Did my eyes deceive me or was Central Hardin in the wishbone last week? I thought that was the biggest part of their problem the last few years, an antiquated offense. The wing T and then the triple option. I was under the impression they were going to spread it out and sling it around. I guess after a season like this the staff is simply grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. Daviess 28 CH 0.

Scott Co. runs the Wing-T. Check out their scores. They scored 71 last week. I guess you think it would be higher if they ran a spread.

So few people really understand football even at the high school level in my opinion. Running the wing t and wishbone got me to 5 state championship games. Both times we lost the teams that beat us ran some version of the I, wishbone and wing t. I will quote one of the winningest coaches in Kentucky history when some reporter asked him why he didn't run and offense that was perceived to be more fun. He said, "winnin's fun". Also, let me add that I don't hate the shotgun or spread. But sometimes it just does not fit what is best for the setting of certain schools and the kids that play football. This guy pictured here rushed for over 5000 yards in his career. Imagine if I had given him the ball only a few times a game just so we could run a perceived 'fun' offense. He looked like a receiver but I figured out real quick he needed the ball many times a game. Good luck this week to all teams.

Cavalli.jpg

It really doesn't matter what they run, they are going to struggle. I just find it ironic that they fired a coach that ran an offense that fit the type of kids they have there and are know going back to something similar in an effort to get something going. I actually believe more schools should be running these types of offenses rather than trying to run something they don't have the talent to run.

  • Author

Central Hardin 8

Daviess County 0

And the Bruins are finally on the scoreboard.

Edited by Hardin County Preps

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.