Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 25 Dixie 13

Who wins? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Dixie Heights
      34%
    • Cooper
      65%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/02/2026 at 11:30 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The field off Longbranch Road will feature two schools coming off two very different wins. The Dixie Heights Colonels (2-4) dominated Scott by a score of 49 to 12. That is two wins in a row now after starting the year off with four consecutive blow out losses. The hosting Cooper Jaguars are 4-2, coming off a 22-21 win over feisty rival Conner.

Cooper's 22 points was the second highest total they have had this year and the most since their opener where they got 28 on the board. It just isn't the same team offensively that it has been in previous years, but they are making due and still pulling out some wins. On the flip side, the 21 points scored by Conner is tied for second most against them.

Last year, this was a 42-13 victory in favor of Cooper. Are they still capable of putting those kind of points up? Can they get the separation over Dixie they did last year? They are most likely the more talented team, but by how much is uncertain. Conner was able to compete and almost win. Can Dixie do the same?

One thing is for certain, the way these two teams run the ball, and defend the run, the only thing stopping the clock is penalties, a quarter change, or halftime.

This game has a lot of implications of who could end up with 3 seed in the sister district. Woodford Co. vs South Oldham and Anderson Co vs Scott Co this week. A lot of offensive fire power in the that district from top 3.

-Woodford Co. (0-0

-Scott Co. (1-0)

-Collins (0-1)

-Anderson Co. (1-0)

-South Oldham (0-1)

This District:

Connor vs Boone Co. as well:

Cooper (1-0)

Dixie Heights (1-0)

Boone Co. (0-0)

Connor (0-1)

Scott (0-1)

Should be a good game Friday.

This will be a good game. Winner of this game will win the district in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Sycamores57 said:

This will be a good game. Winner of this game will win the district in my opinion.

I am thinking it could be a good game too. We considered this game for our Pick 5 contest.

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I'm sure 859 will love talking about Cooper again, sounded like they hated them last week. Just my honest opinion.

27 minutes ago, DiamondGator23 said:

I'm sure 859 will love talking about Cooper again, sounded like they hated them last week. Just my honest opinion.

That surprises me, and I'd have to reserve judgement until I watch it.

Whery and the crew at 859 give great coverage of the Boone County schools and are pretty even handed imo.

I'd counter that they love them some Cooper girls' basketball. ⚖️

Cooper takes this one.

I think Dixie gets the edge here. I don't know which Cooper they'll get, and Dixie has a bit of momentum. Not to mention they've been pretty good defending the run.

If Dixie keeps the ball on the ground the whole game, they have a good shot of winning this one. Their passing game is not very good, and its hurts them when they try to be cute and throw the ball.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

If Dixie keeps the ball on the ground the whole game, they have a good shot of winning this one. Their passing game is not very good, and its hurts them when they try to be cute and throw the ball.

Dixie has been run-heavy this year, and for good reason because they have a heck of a back in Gilliland. I'll say their QB made some timely throws last week vs. Scott, so I wouldn't dismiss them throwing a few just to keep the defense honest. But I agree with you: run the ball, run the clock.

On 9/30/2026 at 11:22 PM, Runcible Owl said:

That surprises me, and I'd have to reserve judgement until I watch it.

Whery and the crew at 859 give great coverage of the Boone County schools and are pretty even handed imo.

I'd counter that they love them some Cooper girls' basketball. ⚖️

You might be right on that and I'll do the same, but listening to the broadcast last week about Cooper and their team and staff was honestly insane.

Recently Browsing 4

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.