Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubster's 16th Region Poll 2/10/07

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ole Jay Bilas didn't have to be told to shoot back in the day. He was ready to shoot when he arrived at the gym. Jay's motto was "they didn't put that orange ring up there to dribble through". Too bad there were no 3's back in the day! Maybe Jackson should give him a call!:lol:

D was a little lacking:lol: :sssh:

  • Replies 106
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I don't think they are the two best players in the region but I believe an argument could be made by RH partisans to support that premise.All the players that have been mentioned previously-Vanhoose,Ferguson,the Faulkners,Barker,McDavid,Thomas,Daniel etc. are very important to their respective teams and it would be interesting to really dissect each team and see which 16th region player is the most valuable player to their team.What team could least afford to lose that individual.Perhaps some of the disagreement with annointing Euton/Jackson as the two best players in the region is related to the fact that they play at RH which turns some people off.This combined with a great deal of hyping by RH supporters(remember the preseason talk of the defensive prowess of Arthur-I believe there were references to him as being one of the best if not the best defender in the region) may affect the view/respect some have of the duo.

 

I do believe Euton and Jackson are the best players in the region. If I am wrong please show me something to prove it. I also believe Ferguson is number 3 in the region. The only reason he is not number one is size. The size of Euton and Jackson allows them to play in a manner that Ferguson is unable to play. I also am the one who mentioned Tony Arthur as one of if not the best defensive players in the region. I have seen a lot of 16th region games and I think I have been proven right. Then again if I'm wrong prove it.

Like I said there are several good to great players in the region but there isn't 8 better than Jackson and Euton. Period.

 

I admire the Faulkners, Barker, Thomas, McDavid, Daniels, Ferguson, Blair, Selby, Blanton and Vanhoose all are great players and fine young men but I don't think you can rank all of them ahead of Jackson and Euton.

Like I said there are several good to great players in the region but there isn't 8 better than Jackson and Euton. Period.

 

I admire the Faulkners, Barker, Thomas, McDavid, Daniels, Ferguson, Blair, Selby, Blanton and Vanhoose all are great players and fine young men but I don't think you can rank all of them ahead of Jackson and Euton.

 

OOOOOOkay then.

Van Hoose and Blair combined to go 18 for 25 from the field last night against Lawrence County, I would say that establishes them as the BEST DUO in the 16th!:ylsuper:

(unless it would be VanHoose/Gill or VanHoose/Robinson, or maybe even VanHoose/Turner)

Well, this is getting confusing, I'm just going with my pick as the best FIVE

in the 16th

VanHoose/Gill/Blair/Robinson/Turner

 

and the good news is , there will be a way to prove my theory

its called March Magic

where even the Swami will know

 

:dancingpa

Euton and Jackson are definitely the two most important on their team because they have no other help on the team! Ashland, Russell, B.C., Elliot, all have good role/complimentary players to go along with the best players. Rose Hill IMO does not. That why Euton and Jackson have to shoot so much, because they have no help!

Euton and Jackson are definitely the two most important on their team because they have no other help on the team! Ashland, Russell, B.C., Elliot, all have good role/complimentary players to go along with the best players. Rose Hill IMO does not. That why Euton and Jackson have to shoot so much, because they have no help!

I agree.

I do believe Euton and Jackson are the best players in the region. If I am wrong please show me something to prove it. I also believe Ferguson is number 3 in the region. The only reason he is not number one is size. The size of Euton and Jackson allows them to play in a manner that Ferguson is unable to play. I also am the one who mentioned Tony Arthur as one of if not the best defensive players in the region. I have seen a lot of 16th region games and I think I have been proven right. Then again if I'm wrong prove it.

How would you propose that we prove it. Can you prove an opinion? How did you prove yours? Just because you said it does that mean that it is proven? When you show something to "prove it" maybe the rest of us will have an opportunity to offer a rebbutal.:rolleyes:

Euton and Jackson are definitely the two most important on their team because they have no other help on the team! Ashland, Russell, B.C., Elliot, all have good role/complimentary players to go along with the best players. Rose Hill IMO does not. That why Euton and Jackson have to shoot so much, because they have no help!

 

This post only goes to prove you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not saying they are the best athletes in the region, I'm saying they are the best basketball players. They have a combination of size and skill that others just don't have. And they also play defense. I guess all I have are statistics that have allready been classified as mistakes by Armchair Coach, and the fact that people who know ability are courting the two boys.

Your assessment of the rest of Rose Hill's team proves you shouldn't be in this discussion.

This post only goes to prove you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not saying they are the best athletes in the region, I'm saying they are the best basketball players. They have a combination of size and skill that others just don't have. And they also play defense. I guess all I have are statistics that have allready been classified as mistakes by Armchair Coach, and the fact that people who know ability are courting the two boys.

Your assessment of the rest of Rose Hill's team proves you shouldn't be in this discussion.

 

What statistics did I classify as a mistake?I merely stated an opinion and pointed something out that RH supporters themselves have stated on many occasions.I respect the defensive ability of Arthur and admire the strides he has made as a basketball player but I don't think he is the best defensive player in the region.

FBall is right-some things are difficult to prove and therefore are very subjective.

Does anyone know where I can get a breakdown of Rose Hill's game by game stats? FG-FA, Pts, Rbs.

 

It seems that Armchair, Uncle Jed, Fastbreak, or RickyP could inform me on where to go to find this out.

Does anyone know where I can get a breakdown of Rose Hill's game by game stats? FG-FA, Pts, Rbs.

 

It seems that Armchair, Uncle Jed, Fastbreak, or RickyP could inform me on where to go to find this out.

 

 

Fastbreak would be your best bet.Also if you check on the khsaa scoreboard they have many teams and their stats listed.I believe you could get all the above called for stats from that source.

Fastbreak would be your best bet.Also if you check on the khsaa scoreboard they have many teams and their stats listed.I believe you could get all the above called for stats from that source.

I am aware of stats on a single game basis, but RH Coach Tim Fraley is the sole repository of cumulative season statistics. :thumb:

This post only goes to prove you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not saying they are the best athletes in the region, I'm saying they are the best basketball players. They have a combination of size and skill that others just don't have. And they also play defense. I guess all I have are statistics that have allready been classified as mistakes by Armchair Coach, and the fact that people who know ability are courting the two boys.

Your assessment of the rest of Rose Hill's team proves you shouldn't be in this discussion.

How can you say that? Just because people do not agree with you 100% does not mean they are wrong. In my opinion your wrong. And in my opinion you see thu blue glasses and don't see the real truth. :rolleyes:

How can you say that? Just because people do not agree with you 100% does not mean they are wrong. In my opinion your wrong. And in my opinion you see thu blue glasses and don't see the real truth. :rolleyes:

 

I'm afraid you brought all this up by your, "Wow. Has this guy seen any other 16th region team play this year?" comment. I provided reason why I feel the way I do. Like it or not, that is my reason. You on the other hand provide no basis for your opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.