Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubster's 16th Region Poll 2/10/07

Featured Replies

Vanhoose yes, Ferguson, Ethan Faulkner, McDavid, Thomas maybe, they rest you mention, no. Size is the difference, it does matter. Do you really think that there are 8 better players in the region than Euton and Jackson? I think sportfan makes a good point. All coaches are biased.

 

I agree I don't think they are the two best players in the region but I believe an argument could be made by RH partisans to support that premise.All the players that have been mentioned previously-Vanhoose,Ferguson,the Faulkners,Barker,McDavid,Thomas,Daniel etc. are very important to their respective teams and it would be interesting to really dissect each team and see which 16th region player is the most valuable player to their team.What team could least afford to lose that individual.Perhaps some of the disagreement with annointing Euton/Jackson as the two best players in the region is related to the fact that they play at RH which turns some people off.This combined with a great deal of hyping by RH supporters(remember the preseason talk of the defensive prowess of Arthur-I believe there were references to him as being one of the best if not the best defender in the region) may affect the view/respect some have of the duo.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck, you're not going to get me to paint myself into a corner here. :lol:

 

The only way I could win this argument would be to rank the kids you mention based upon what I see as their strengths and weaknesses. The problem is, I know every one of the kids you list, their parents and their coaches. Heck, five out of the nine you just named played at Rose Hill at one point or another… :lol:

 

I honestly love every one of them and wish them the best. I don't even care if they have the best game of their careers when they play my guys... just as long as my guys have at least one more point on the board when the clock runs out. :D

 

There's no way I'm going to get drawn into putting one down just to try to bump another one up. It's not worth it.

 

I was joking around with Sportsfan of Ky, but he makes outstanding points in posts 37 and 40 of this thread. I agree with him.

 

I can understand how Tim Fraley can make the comments he made about Euton and Jackson. He sees them do things on a daily basis that are far above and beyond the overall level of play in the 16th Region. Euton is a rare combination of size and touch. Is he the fastest player in the region? No, but he is certainly the fastest 6’ 8” player in the Region with solid skills in every area of the game... and he’s still growing… :eek: Jackson simply does things no other player in Region can do, and makes it look effortless. Hopefully you’ll get to see this over the next three seasons. Does that make them the best? Who can say? Does it really matter anyway?

 

Every member of BGP could vote one kid the hands-down best in the region, and it’s not worth one point in a district or regional ballgame. It certainly isn’t going to earn them a ride to a decent college. It's up to each one of these kids to establish their place in the history books, and for now, they’re still writing the pages.

 

I’m having a great time watching them, and genuinely wish each one of them the very best. :thumb:

Even if we were to ASSUME that he meant the best duo playing for the same team within the 16th:

 

1. Vanhoose-Blair

2. Vanhoose-Gill

3. Ferguson-#1 Faulkner

4. McDavid-Thomas

5. Vanhoose-Robinson

6. Ferguson-#2 Faulkner

7. Etc, Etc:sleep: :D

 

Even coming fom a partisan like you this is overkill.Are you sure you don't want to include Vanhoose-Turner,Vanhoose-Harvey,Vanhoose-Frasure, etc.Those two(Euton/Jackson) are probably the best duo and are definitely the most VALUABLE duo-Where would RH be without them?The other duos mentioned still have at least one-two very good players on their teams.

Duck, you're not going to get me to paint myself into a corner here. :lol:

 

The only way I could win this argument would be to rank the kids you mention based upon what I see as their strengths and weaknesses. The problem is, I know every one of the kids you list, their parents and their coaches. Heck, five out of the nine you just named played at Rose Hill at one point or another… :lol:

 

I honestly love every one of them and wish them the best. I don't even care if they have the best game of their careers when they play my guys... just as long as my guys have at least one more point on the board when the clock runs out. :D

 

There's no way I'm going to get drawn into putting one down just to try to bump another one up. It's not worth it.

 

I was joking around with Sportsfan of Ky, but he makes outstanding points in posts 37 and 40 of this thread. I agree with him.

 

I can understand how Tim Fraley can make the comments he made about Euton and Jackson. He sees them do things on a daily basis that are far above and beyond the overall level of play in the 16th Region. Euton is a rare combination of size and touch. Is he the fastest player in the region? No, but he is certainly the fastest 6’ 8” player in the Region with solid skills in every area of the game... and he’s still growing… :eek: Jackson simply does things no other player in Region can do, and makes it look effortless. Hopefully you’ll get to see this over the next three seasons. Does that make them the best? Who can say? Does it really matter anyway?

 

Every member of BGP could vote one kid the hands-down best in the region, and it’s not worth one point in a district or regional ballgame. It certainly isn’t going to earn them a ride to a decent college. It's up to each one of these kids to establish their place in the history books, and for now, they’re still writing the pages.

 

I’m having a great time watching them, and genuinely wish each one of them the very best. :thumb:

 

Great points.They have to among the top freshmen ever to play in the region.Having said that they both have weaknesses that I'm sure you are aware.The thing is as Euton made clear in the outstanding newspaper article on the two he is willing to put in the time to improve as I'm sure Jackson is.The scary thing about Jackson is that he is doing so much with limited half court skills-He has limited range and does not go to the basket with authority and yet he has shot a great deal of free throws.This is an attribute to his athleticism.Euton works his tail off-His foot speed while not great has improved a great deal over the past few years.

Bottom line they are fun to watch unless of course you are the opposition.

  • Author
Duck, you're not going to get me to paint myself into a corner here. :lol:

 

The only way I could win this argument would be to rank the kids you mention based upon what I see as their strengths and weaknesses. The problem is, I know every one of the kids you list, their parents and their coaches. Heck, five out of the nine you just named played at Rose Hill at one point or another… :lol:

 

I honestly love every one of them and wish them the best. I don't even care if they have the best game of their careers when they play my guys... just as long as my guys have at least one more point on the board when the clock runs out. :D

 

There's no way I'm going to get drawn into putting one down just to try to bump another one up. It's not worth it.

 

I was joking around with Sportsfan of Ky, but he makes outstanding points in posts 37 and 40 of this thread. I agree with him.

 

I can understand how Tim Fraley can make the comments he made about Euton and Jackson. He sees them do things on a daily basis that are far above and beyond the overall level of play in the 16th Region. Euton is a rare combination of size and touch. Is he the fastest player in the region? No, but he is certainly the fastest 6’ 8” player in the Region with solid skills in every area of the game... and he’s still growing… :eek: Jackson simply does things no other player in Region can do, and makes it look effortless. Hopefully you’ll get to see this over the next three seasons. Does that make them the best? Who can say? Does it really matter anyway?

 

Every member of BGP could vote one kid the hands-down best in the region, and it’s not worth one point in a district or regional ballgame. It certainly isn’t going to earn them a ride to a decent college. It's up to each one of these kids to establish their place in the history books, and for now, they’re still writing the pages.

 

I’m having a great time watching them, and genuinely wish each one of them the very best. :thumb:

I think Jackson has a great future, but did you see the Raceland or Ashland game?

When properly scouted he has struggled against good game plans.

  • Author
Even coming fom a partisan like you this is overkill.Are you sure you don't want to include Vanhoose-Turner,Vanhoose-Harvey,Vanhoose-Frasure, etc.Those two(Euton/Jackson) are probably the best duo and are definitely the most VALUABLE duo-Where would RH be without them?The other duos mentioned still have at least one-two very good players on their teams.

Where would Russell be without Vanhoose and Blair?

Ashland without McDavid and Thomas?

There are several valuable duos in the 16th.

The scary thing about Jackson is that he is doing so much with limited half court skills-He has limited range and does not go to the basket with authority and yet he has shot a great deal of free throws.This is an attribute to his athleticism.Euton works his tail off-His foot speed while not great has improved a great deal over the past few years.

Bottom line they are fun to watch unless of course you are the opposition.

Jackson has developed a very accurate shot out to 25'. With his ability to slice score and dish, he just hasn't had to use it much yet. :lol:

 

Euton's muscles have had a full-time job trying to catch up with his bones. You'll see his speed improve dramatically over the next three years. :thumb:

Where would Russell be without Vanhoose and Blair?

Ashland without McDavid and Thomas?

There are several valuable duos in the 16th.

 

I agree-I just feel that Russell/Ashland each have more experience/depth than RH does.

I think Jackson has a great future, but did you see the Raceland or Ashland game?

When properly scouted he has struggled against good game plans.

You do realize that Jackson had spent the previous day in the hospital with a 104 temperature? :rolleyes:

 

Whenever a defense can key on two players to shut down a team this will happen. The Hill learned a lot that game, and has adjusted as evidenced by the Boyd County game... and reinforcements are on the way to help the next three years. :thumb:

  • Author
You do realize that Jackson had spent the previous day in the hospital with a 104 temperature? :rolleyes:

 

Whenever a defense can key on two players to shut down a team this will happen. The Hill learned a lot that game, and has adjusted as evidenced by the Boyd County game... and reinforcements are on the way to help the next three years. :thumb:

Yes I remember.

I would say the book on him right now is play at FT line and keep him off the glass. If he starts draining perimeter jumpers the sky is the limit.

In a nutshell it doesn't matter who is the best. As long as the kid's all work hard and achieve whatever they are after in their game. There is alway's a faster(or better) gun somewhere! Personally I think Ferg is the best player in the world even though he isn't(by far). I guess I am a little biased!!!! My self I wouldn't want to leave any of the above mentioned out of the "best player group" because it could hurt their feeling's! They all on a given night are the best player in the region!! GO 16TH!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Well said. Every coach should back his players. I may not completely agree with what Fraley said, but, in his shoes I would have probably said the same thing. I think Dodd, Biggs or Mays will say the same about thier player or players.

The ADI shows that Euton is at the top of the regional field goal percentage list at 79% (158-200). Next player is Pettit of Rowan at 61.5%. I have a hard time believing that Euton is shooting this well. Can anyone verify if this stat is accurate or not.

Yes I remember.

I would say the book on him right now is play at FT line and keep him off the glass. If he starts draining perimeter jumpers the sky is the limit.

 

Play at FT line and keep him off the glass, has this been successful? Not in my opinion. If this statement is true he certainly has more that enough time to improve. Very scary!

Jackson can be his own worst enemy. Everyone would probably agree that he is a very unselfish player. He is an extreme team player (good quality) but needs to understand that its ok to go ahead and "do his thing". :flame:

Play at FT line and keep him off the glass, has this been successful? Not in my opinion. If this statement is true he certainly has more that enough time to improve. Very scary!

Jackson can be his own worst enemy. Everyone would probably agree that he is a very unselfish player. He is an extreme team player (good quality) but needs to understand that its ok to go ahead and "do his thing". :flame:

Ole Jay Bilas didn't have to be told to shoot back in the day. He was ready to shoot when he arrived at the gym. Jay's motto was "they didn't put that orange ring up there to dribble through". Too bad there were no 3's back in the day! Maybe Jackson should give him a call!:lol:

The ADI shows that Euton is at the top of the regional field goal percentage list at 79% (158-200). Next player is Pettit of Rowan at 61.5%. I have a hard time believing that Euton is shooting this well. Can anyone verify if this stat is accurate or not.

 

Last week Euton was 150-283.I would imagine that RH did not submit the stats correctly and he is probably 158-300.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.