Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubster's 16th Region Poll 2/10/07

Featured Replies

I am sure that Coach Biggs, Coach Mays and Coach Dodd would say their duo is the best. What's the big deal? Lets not forget they are freshmen and they are ranked the #1 and #2 freshmen in the State. Has there ever been a player in the 16 region that was ranked #1 or #2 in the state?

 

We do know that none of the duos mentioned in this thread were as good as Euton and Jackson when they were freshmen. Most of them did not play varsity ball when they were freshmen. Euton and Jackson would start for any team in the region this year.

 

God willing, and with alot of hard work, Euton and Jackson will sign major D-1 scholarships after their senior season. Who was the last players in the 16th region that signed a major D-1 basketball scholarship? The only one I can think of is Mike Scott to Wake Forrest in 1985. Several Mid-Majors, but only on Major.

Actually I think all of the players mentioned started as freshman.:D;)
  • Replies 106
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think all of the players mentioned started as freshman.:D;)

I dont think so, and if they did how many of them averaged over 10 points and 5 rebounds.

I dont think so, and if they did how many of them averaged over 10 points and 5 rebounds.

 

The Following 16th region Seniors started all or a high majority of their games as freshmen:VanHoose and Blair(Russell),Barker(Fairview),McDavid(Ashland),Blanton(Boyd).

VanHoose and Blair avg. over 10.Blair may have avg. 5rebounds.McDavid if not at 10/5 was close.

 

But I understand the point you are making.The stats these two have are outstanding and it is underscored even more by the fact they are freshmen.

I dont think so, and if they did how many of them averaged over 10 points and 5 rebounds.

 

Not saying Ferguson is better(that is a matter of opinion) or has as much potential, but answering your question he averaged 19.6pts and 7.0 reb. as a freshman!

Not saying Ferguson is better(that is a matter of opinion) or has as much potential, but answering your question he averaged 19.6pts and 7.0 reb. as a freshman!

 

I was not talking about Ferg or the Twins. IMO they are the only ones close to Euton and Jackson "As Freshmen"

 

None of the others mentioned, put up the numbers as freshmen that Euton and Jackson are putting up. Especially against double teams.

I was not talking about Ferg or the Twins. IMO they are the only ones close to Euton and Jackson "As Freshmen"

 

None of the others mentioned, put up the numbers as freshmen that Euton and Jackson are putting up. Especially against double teams.

 

My bad!! On the first page they were dicussing single's, and I just scanned this page and didn't really catch the "duo" part. I'll try not to let it happen again.:thumb: I will gracefully retreat while saying that all the player's mentioned in this Cubster's team poll thread are great player's and good luck to all!!!:ylsuper:

I was not talking about Ferg or the Twins. IMO they are the only ones close to Euton and Jackson "As Freshmen"

 

None of the others mentioned, put up the numbers as freshmen that Euton and Jackson are putting up. Especially against double teams.

All the other one's played with much better player's. They all played on team's with VERY good upper classmen. Euton and Jackson do not. Euton and Jackson both have more potential than the rest mentioned no doubt. My point is they are not better RIGHT NOW than the other players mentioned.

I am sure that Coach Biggs, Coach Mays and Coach Dodd would say their duo is the best. What's the big deal? Lets not forget they are freshmen and they are ranked the #1 and #2 freshmen in the State. Has there ever been a player in the 16 region that was ranked #1 or #2 in the state?

 

We do know that none of the duos mentioned in this thread were as good as Euton and Jackson when they were freshmen. Most of them did not play varsity ball when they were freshmen. Euton and Jackson would start for any team in the region this year.

 

God willing, and with alot of hard work, Euton and Jackson will sign major D-1 scholarships after their senior season. Who was the last players in the 16th region that signed a major D-1 basketball scholarship? The only one I can think of is Mike Scott to Wake Forrest in 1985. Several Mid-Majors, but only on Major.

Gatorlover is right, we've only had one true D-1 player in 20+ years and if you see a major D-1 player they stick out. The truth is that now there are 336 schools I believe that are fielding teams, so I believe that the prestige that was once there is not as strong. Now that is no insult to any player that signs a letter of intent, but when a Mike Scott signed his letter of intent it was way more prestigious than it is today.

  • Author
Gatorlover is right, we've only had one true D-1 player in 20+ years and if you see a major D-1 player they stick out. The truth is that now there are 336 schools I believe that are fielding teams, so I believe that the prestige that was once there is not as strong. Now that is no insult to any player that signs a letter of intent, but when a Mike Scott signed his letter of intent it was way more prestigious than it is today.

There are not 336 major D1's. Signing major D1 is still prestigious in any age.

Why is every one of your posts idolizing GC of the past?

They were great two claps and move on.

Lewis County won three straight districts from 76-78 under a good coach named Gary Kidwell and beat GC in the region am I on here yapping about it all the time?

There are not 336 major D1's. Signing major D1 is still prestigious in any age.

Why is every one of your posts idolizing GC of the past?

They were great two claps and move on.

Lewis County won three straight districts from 76-78 under a good coach named Gary Kidwell and beat GC in the region am I on here yapping about it all the time?

I said there is 336 D-1 schools not major D-1 schools reread the post and as far as reliving the past I was just responding to Gatorlovers post about major D-1 players, get over it.

  • Author
I said there is 336 D-1 schools not major D-1 schools reread the post and as far as reliving the past I was just responding to Gatorlovers post about major D-1 players, get over it.

Why was Scott's more prestigious?

I would think that a NAIA, Mid Major, or Major D1 or any basketball scholarship would be prestigous to the kid who put in the hard work and earned it!!!! I'm pretty sure(90%) only 7% of high school basketball player's move on to the next level via scholarship!!!!!!!! IMO it would be prestigious to recieve one from "WHEREVER" especially if they have a good academic program!!!!!!!!!!

Why was Scott's more prestigious?

Obviously with fewer schools playing D-1 basketball in the mid 80's it was more prestigious to obtain the chance to play at that level. It is no knock on a kid today, but just a simple fact.

I would think that a NAIA, Mid Major, or Major D1 or any basketball scholarship would be prestigous to the kid who put in the hard work and earned it!!!! I'm pretty sure(90%) only 7% of high school basketball player's move on to the next level via scholarship!!!!!!!! IMO it would be prestigious to recieve one from "WHEREVER" especially if they have a good academic program!!!!!!!!!!

 

You are right Sportsfan, any basketball scholarship is a great acomplishment. I was just saying that a major D-1 scholarship is very rare in the 16th region. Mike Scott and Jeff Hall are the only two I could think of in the last 30 years.

 

I think Euton and Jackson have the size and ability at a young age to be considered a major D-1 prospect. However, it will still take alot of hard work and Gods blessings for them to make it to that level. Only time will tell.

You are right Sportsfan, any basketball scholarship is a great acomplishment. I was just saying that a major D-1 scholarship is very rare in the 16th region. Mike Scott and Jeff Hall are the only two I could think of in the last 30 years.

 

I think Euton and Jackson have the size and ability at a young age to be considered a major D-1 prospect. However, it will still take alot of hard work and Gods blessings for them to make it to that level. Only time will tell.

I was responding to the General anyway not you my sharp toothed critter lover:D

 

Strike3 closed the Elliott 102 Fairview 98 thread because it got off topic. He evidently hasn't seen this baby yet, because it has "ECLIPSED":banana:

:ylsuper: ROCK ON DUDE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!! This site is well worth 15.00.

Shoot! I would pay 17.50 a year if they would knock the tax off.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.