Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubster's 16th Region Poll 2/10/07

Featured Replies

  • Replies 106
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid you brought all this up by your, "Wow. Has this guy seen any other 16th region team play this year?" comment. I provided reason why I feel the way I do. Like it or not, that is my reason. You on the other hand provide no basis for your opinion.

But where did you ever prove anything either. All that was stated was that you believe Euton and Jackson were the best because of there size. You cannot state your opinion as proof and completely dismiss someone else just because you believe something that others may not.

But where did you ever prove anything either. All that was stated was that you believe Euton and Jackson were the best because of there size. You cannot state your opinion as proof and completely dismiss someone else just because you believe something that others may not.

 

If you are going to quote me, please get it right. What I said was they have a combination of size and skill, I also provided a link to some statistics that I used to reach my conclusion. Thirdly I stated that many college coaches, who also I guess only have an opinion, are interested in them.

Now I'll admit my beliefs are based on my analysis of this information and I am somewhate bias to RH. But at least I did state facts.

I have yet to see a logical rebutal, therefore I can only conclude, I am debating with a child. That is why I will bow out at this timel.

If you are going to quote me, please get it right. What I said was they have a combination of size and skill, I also provided a link to some statistics that I used to reach my conclusion. Thirdly I stated that many college coaches, who also I guess only have an opinion, are interested in them.

Now I'll admit my beliefs are based on my analysis of this information and I am somewhate bias to RH. But at least I did state facts.

I have yet to see a logical rebutal, therefore I can only conclude, I am debating with a child. That is why I will bow out at this timel.

I never made a case for anybody. If I did it would still only be my opinion and would not be proof of anything. I could say that Vanhoose is better than each because of his ballhandling and passing skills that compliment his ability to score. I could say Ferguson for the all around game and ferocity that he plays with. IMO noone plays harder. I could say McDavid for his strength and tenaciousness around the rim and still having the ability to go outside. I could say all of that but that doesn't mean that it is proof.

 

Stats are fine but stats don't tell the whole story either. Some may have better stats due to needs of their team or systems that are run.

 

You are free to come to any conclusions you may wish. But judging from the bias involved I would conclude that you would be wrong.

If you are going to quote me, please get it right. What I said was they have a combination of size and skill, I also provided a link to some statistics that I used to reach my conclusion. Thirdly I stated that many college coaches, who also I guess only have an opinion, are interested in them.

Now I'll admit my beliefs are based on my analysis of this information and I am somewhate bias to RH. But at least I did state facts.

I have yet to see a logical rebutal, therefore I can only conclude, I am debating with a child. That is why I will bow out at this timel.

I would hope they would have better stats. They've shot about 100 more times this year than all the other top players in the area. And they play the weakest competition BY FAR!

...they play the weakest competition BY FAR!
This comment makes for good spin, but you would have a difficult time substantiating it in fact.

 

In January, I ran a spreadsheet evaluating the strength of schedule for several 16th Region teams based upon opponents played to that point in the season and each opponent’s current Litkenhous rating.

 

The average opponent Litkenhous rating worked out as follows:

 

Russell - 68

Ashland - 68

Boyd Co. - 66

Rose Hill - 62

Fairview - 60

Raceland - 60

Elliott Co - 59

 

The rest of the region was somewhat south of these ratings. The point is, RH had the 4th toughest schedule in the region at least at that point in the season. Regardless of who THE best is, Euton and Jackson are definitely among the best in the region. :thumb:

  • Author
This comment makes for good spin, but you would have a difficult time substantiating it in fact.

 

In January, I ran a spreadsheet evaluating the strength of schedule for several 16th Region teams based upon opponents played to that point in the season and each opponent’s current Litkenhous rating.

 

The average opponent Litkenhous rating worked out as follows:

 

Russell - 68

Ashland - 68

Boyd Co. - 66

Rose Hill - 62

Fairview - 60

Raceland - 60

Elliott Co - 59

 

The rest of the region was somewhat south of these ratings. The point is, RH had the 4th toughest schedule in the region at least at that point in the season. Regardless of who THE best is, Euton and Jackson are definitely among the best in the region. :thumb:

Need to run that thing again.

Need to run that thing again.
You may not agree with Litkenhous, but those were the numbers.

 

What's your point?

  • Author
Could you be more specific please?

 

You may not agree with Litkenhous, but those were the numbers.

I think the final stretch here for the Hill would drop them considerably.

I still look for them to be in Morehead.

I think the final stretch here for the Hill would drop them considerably.

I still look for them to be in Morehead.

Gotcha... :thumb:

 

I agree the second half of the schedule has not been as demanding as the first half, but the Hill has been playing mostly 16th Region opponents the second half... that's just the way it worked out this year.

 

My point was in response to kele_okereke. Euton and Jackson didn't rack up their numbers playing nothing but cupcakes.

 

I don't know of another PG in the region averaging a double-double, and I don't know too many big men averaging double-doubles on teams that make it possible to double team them a whole game. Euton and Jackson are the real deal, but they don't need me defending them... they're doing a fine job on their own. :lol:

Gotcha... :thumb:

 

I agree the second half of the schedule has not been as demanding as the first half, but the Hill has been playing mostly 16th Region opponents the second half... that's just the way it worked out this year.

 

My point was in response to kele_okereke. Euton and Jackson didn't rack up their numbers playing nothing but cupcakes.

 

I don't know of another PG in the region averaging a double-double, and I don't know too many big men averaging double-doubles on teams that make it possible to double team them a whole game. Euton and Jackson are the real deal, but they don't need me defending them... they're doing a fine job on their own. :lol:

I would agree Jackson and Euton (As I like to put it, because I like Jackson's upside over Euton's) is a tremendous combo. I really believe this pair will take The Hill far in the future and possibly the present (Who knows once you get to Morehead). The truth is they did not rack up their stats against cupcakes and they continue to play as well or better than any other pair in 16th Region. I have to agree with Fastbreak their stats are even more impressive considering both attract double-team efforts nearly the entire contest (especially Euton). Without a doubt in my mind I would take this pair over any duo, just one humble mans opinion (But we all know what they say about opinion).

(But we all know what they say about opinions).
And from what I've seen, you have a big one...

 

 

 

...opinion that is... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a nutshell it doesn't matter who is the best. As long as the kid's all work hard and achieve whatever they are after in their game. There is alway's a faster(or better) gun somewhere! Personally I think Ferg is the best player in the world even though he isn't(by far). I guess I am a little biased!!!! My self I wouldn't want to leave any of the above mentioned out of the "best player group" because it could hurt their feeling's! They all on a given night are the best player in the region!! GO 16TH!!!!!!!!!!

 

Very good post Sports Fan of KY.:ylsuper:

Did anybody read Fraley's comments in the paper this morning that said Euton and Jackson were the best players in the region?:lol: Wow!

Has this guy seen any other 16th region teams play this year? :confused:

I am sure that Coach Biggs, Coach Mays and Coach Dodd would say their duo is the best. What's the big deal? Lets not forget they are freshmen and they are ranked the #1 and #2 freshmen in the State. Has there ever been a player in the 16 region that was ranked #1 or #2 in the state?

 

We do know that none of the duos mentioned in this thread were as good as Euton and Jackson when they were freshmen. Most of them did not play varsity ball when they were freshmen. Euton and Jackson would start for any team in the region this year.

 

God willing, and with alot of hard work, Euton and Jackson will sign major D-1 scholarships after their senior season. Who was the last players in the 16th region that signed a major D-1 basketball scholarship? The only one I can think of is Mike Scott to Wake Forrest in 1985. Several Mid-Majors, but only on Major.

:thumb:

And from what I've seen, you have a big one...

 

 

 

...opinion that is... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.