Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Trinity Shamrocks

Featured Replies

On 8/4/2026 at 10:10 PM, St. Matthews Boy said:

I will believe it when I see it, especially after that chatter over the past few years. However, I would think if and when Cobb hangs it up, defensive coordinator Michael Fox would be the front-runner for the job.

And should be.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    In HSRatings.com they would be #2 in Kentucky and only 1 point below Trinity.

  • So many great programs are in Southwest Ohio that any KY team looking to “beef” up their schedule doesn’t have very far to travel. And it doesn’t have to be the private GCL schools. Public schools lik

Posted Images

Got to go out to practice the other day for the first time this fall and immediately I was blown away by the size of this team. DL Giovanny Ramirez-Gomez looks like a great piece to fill in after Frost and Thompson graduated and alongside Carney and Blue they are imposing! Blue looks like the legit Power-4 guy he is. Carney looks leaner and faster as well and they will have something for teams looking to run on the Rocks this year. Luke Vize, Donovan Strickland, Matt Lococo and Cooper Burrice lined up at linebacker/hybrid and also pass the look test. Burrice appears to be the one who can split out and run with tight ends and inside receivers but I expect him to play more of a STAR type position when Cobb/Fox go with nickel and dime looks. The defensive backfield is incredible and will be a nightmare for defenses this year. Evans/Burns-Crump/Howze/Kamara all look bigger, faster and were flying everywhere against the offenses. SOPH Jermiah Quick got a long look at corner and looks like a younger LA Evans with his height and length. If he comes along, this defense could really be one for the ages!

On offense, Zane was making a lot of quick throws and the deep ball looks terrific. WR Jason Hagan is nearly un-guardable at receiver and together with Kaleb Warner, Evan Myers-Smith and Jayce Duvall the Rocks have the most talent at WR they've had in ages. Jack Stivers at Tight End actually is un-guardable and if RBs Ashton Taylor or Rommelle Spearmon gets to the edge at RB, its a home run. RB JB Berry looks healed up and ready to be the thunder to the Taylor/Spearmon lightning. Offensive line looks to be a question mark still but K'Von Saunders and Yehoda Quaye are solid bookends at tackle. Crit Stivers, Alex Schuster, Josh Moore and Freshman Mark Stivers all took turns in the interior and did a nice job. JR P/K Peyton Hilbert is 6'8 now and maybe one of the best in the country. He was booming kicks early in practice and I'm told he can get it to the uprights for kickoff.

Springfield will give us a good look tomorrow but I have to say I cannot remember this many top-tier athletes ever on the field for Trinity. And that is really saying something. The 2011 team had 22 players go on to college and I can see that with this team also. There is speed and size at every position and the defense seems able to adjust to most all situations. I'm sure Baylor/Moeller/Anderson will load up to run the ball but with Ramirez-Gomez now solidifying the interior, this is a point of strength for Trinity. I would like to see Vize and the LB's make a jump but it seems the rest will be ready for 8/21. This is also Zane's chance to prove himself as one of the best in Trinity history and lead this offense against one of the hardest schedules ever assembled.

Get your popcorn ready!

  • Author
51 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

Got to go out to practice the other day for the first time this fall and immediately I was blown away by the size of this team. DL Giovanny Ramirez-Gomez looks like a great piece to fill in after Frost and Thompson graduated and alongside Carney and Blue they are imposing! Blue looks like the legit Power-4 guy he is. Carney looks leaner and faster as well and they will have something for teams looking to run on the Rocks this year. Luke Vize, Donovan Strickland, Matt Lococo and Cooper Burrice lined up at linebacker/hybrid and also pass the look test. Burrice appears to be the one who can split out and run with tight ends and inside receivers but I expect him to play more of a STAR type position when Cobb/Fox go with nickel and dime looks. The defensive backfield is incredible and will be a nightmare for defenses this year. Evans/Burns-Crump/Howze/Kamara all look bigger, faster and were flying everywhere against the offenses. SOPH Jermiah Quick got a long look at corner and looks like a younger LA Evans with his height and length. If he comes along, this defense could really be one for the ages!

On offense, Zane was making a lot of quick throws and the deep ball looks terrific. WR Jason Hagan is nearly un-guardable at receiver and together with Kaleb Warner, Evan Myers-Smith and Jayce Duvall the Rocks have the most talent at WR they've had in ages. Jack Stivers at Tight End actually is un-guardable and if RBs Ashton Taylor or Rommelle Spearmon gets to the edge at RB, its a home run. RB JB Berry looks healed up and ready to be the thunder to the Taylor/Spearmon lightning. Offensive line looks to be a question mark still but K'Von Saunders and Yehoda Quaye are solid bookends at tackle. Crit Stivers, Alex Schuster, Josh Moore and Freshman Mark Stivers all took turns in the interior and did a nice job. JR P/K Peyton Hilbert is 6'8 now and maybe one of the best in the country. He was booming kicks early in practice and I'm told he can get it to the uprights for kickoff.

Springfield will give us a good look tomorrow but I have to say I cannot remember this many top-tier athletes ever on the field for Trinity. And that is really saying something. The 2011 team had 22 players go on to college and I can see that with this team also. There is speed and size at every position and the defense seems able to adjust to most all situations. I'm sure Baylor/Moeller/Anderson will load up to run the ball but with Ramirez-Gomez now solidifying the interior, this is a point of strength for Trinity. I would like to see Vize and the LB's make a jump but it seems the rest will be ready for 8/21. This is also Zane's chance to prove himself as one of the best in Trinity history and lead this offense against one of the hardest schedules ever assembled.

Get your popcorn ready!

Zane has 3 state championships as a starter, beginning as a frosh starter, and yet he still has not proven himself to you as one of the best Trinity QBs??? Come on man.

1 minute ago, TH58 said:

Zane has 3 state championships as a starter, beginning as a frosh starter, and yet he still has not proven himself to you as one of the best Trinity QBs??? Come on man.

Sekou has won 3 titles too, would you call him one of the best corners of all time? I don't hear you arguing for him...

  • Author

QB position is a different animal.

7 minutes ago, TH58 said:

QB position is a different animal.

you should understand the scrutiny then!

  • Author
6 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

you should understand the scrutiny then!

Scrutinizing a QB who is 3-3 for state championships, starting his freshman year, in such a way that you are not YET ready to consider him as one of Trinity’s best QB’s, is bizarre. So, if he ends up going 4-4, a feat I don’t think has EVER been accomplished by a high school QB in Kentucky, I assume you would not consider him Trinity’s best QB ever, but would allow him to be on your list as one of the best. To each his own.

39 minutes ago, TH58 said:

Scrutinizing a QB who is 3-3 for state championships, starting his freshman year, in such a way that you are not YET ready to consider him as one of Trinity’s best QB’s, is bizarre. So, if he ends up going 4-4, a feat I don’t think has EVER been accomplished by a high school QB in Kentucky, I assume you would not consider him Trinity’s best QB ever, but would allow him to be on your list as one of the best. To each his own.

1) I don't think I have ever felt that Zane has "taken over" a game against a quality opponent in a pivotal situation. It is not his fault and that is not the makeup of this style of offense either. Zane has his strengths and his weaknesses and he does a nice job at times of getting the ball to playmakers. He is a great game manger and doesn't make mistakes or put the team in really tough situations. He also does not pull them out of jams or wrest away victories when defeat is near. But he has not really been asked to before this year.

2) Brian Brohm, Jeff Brohm, Travis Wright and William Stein all have taken over games and imposed their will on defenses. They have taken the coaching and gone to the next level on game nights. Travis beat out three other quarterbacks who left and started for other schools. I have seen first-hand those quarterbacks step on the field and dominate against the best team on our schedule. They were precise and elite at the most opportune and necessary times and carried our team to victories. I think Zane is capable and has the tools to do this, but I have not seen it. I do see flashes of brilliance and as Coach Cobb said, "he likes to be coached hard and he responds to that." I need to see him do that against the Andersons, Baylors, Moellers and CBC to put him with the four aforementioned signal callers.

3) I have no problem with you or anyone else calling him elite, but it is a disservice to our program to do that on wins alone. That cannot be the only metric. We have 30 championships in less than 60 years. If that to you is "bizarre" then so be it.

  • Author
22 minutes ago, TH58 said:

Zane has 3 state championships as a starter, beginning as a frosh starter, and yet he still has not proven himself to you as one of the best Trinity QBs??? Come on man.

48 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

1) I don't think I have ever felt that Zane has "taken over" a game against a quality opponent in a pivotal situation. It is not his fault and that is not the makeup of this style of offense either. Zane has his strengths and his weaknesses and he does a nice job at times of getting the ball to playmakers. He is a great game manger and doesn't make mistakes or put the team in really tough situations. He also does not pull them out of jams or wrest away victories when defeat is near. But he has not really been asked to before this year.

2) Brian Brohm, Jeff Brohm, Travis Wright and William Stein all have taken over games and imposed their will on defenses. They have taken the coaching and gone to the next level on game nights. Travis beat out three other quarterbacks who left and started for other schools. I have seen first-hand those quarterbacks step on the field and dominate against the best team on our schedule. They were precise and elite at the most opportune and necessary times and carried our team to victories. I think Zane is capable and has the tools to do this, but I have not seen it. I do see flashes of brilliance and as Coach Cobb said, "he likes to be coached hard and he responds to that." I need to see him do that against the Andersons, Baylors, Moellers and CBC to put him with the four aforementioned signal callers.

3) I have no problem with you or anyone else calling him elite, but it is a disservice to our program to do that on wins alone. That cannot be the only metric. We have 30 championships in less than 60 years. If that to you is "bizarre" then so be it.

I did not call Zane elite. I simply disagreed with you saying Zane is not YET one of Trinity’s best QBs.

However a junior QB that completed 68% of his passes with 52 TDs vs 3 interceptions in 2025 vs the Trinity schedule on the way to a state championship……. some might consider that an elite season. Or maybe even grounds to be considered one of the best.

5 hours ago, #RockNation said:

1) I don't think I have ever felt that Zane has "taken over" a game against a quality opponent in a pivotal situation. It is not his fault and that is not the makeup of this style of offense either. Zane has his strengths and his weaknesses and he does a nice job at times of getting the ball to playmakers. He is a great game manger and doesn't make mistakes or put the team in really tough situations. He also does not pull them out of jams or wrest away victories when defeat is near. But he has not really been asked to before this year.

2) Brian Brohm, Jeff Brohm, Travis Wright and William Stein all have taken over games and imposed their will on defenses. They have taken the coaching and gone to the next level on game nights. Travis beat out three other quarterbacks who left and started for other schools. I have seen first-hand those quarterbacks step on the field and dominate against the best team on our schedule. They were precise and elite at the most opportune and necessary times and carried our team to victories. I think Zane is capable and has the tools to do this, but I have not seen it. I do see flashes of brilliance and as Coach Cobb said, "he likes to be coached hard and he responds to that." I need to see him do that against the Andersons, Baylors, Moellers and CBC to put him with the four aforementioned signal callers.

3) I have no problem with you or anyone else calling him elite, but it is a disservice to our program to do that on wins alone. That cannot be the only metric. We have 30 championships in less than 60 years. If that to you is "bizarre" then so be it.

For whatever reason you take every chance you get to point out you don't think Zane is elite. An opinion is just that but you offer reasoning that is unfounded.

So this time you claim he hasn't had elite performances, and lead to victory.

  1. Elite performances: Freshman year down 14 to 0 to Douglass throws 2 Tds nearly completes the comeback. Enters largest game in the state at Cardinal stadium as a hefty underdog, to carry the team with 300 yards and 4 TDs to win MVP of the great Rivalry. PickingnSt X apart, orchestrating RPO gameplan to perfection. VS Fredrick Douglass in semi finals, throws two TDs including game winner in OT.

    Sophomore Season: VS Male goes 98 yards with no timeouts under a minute, including walk off TD ru.ln to win the game. State Championship game, run the ball was the gameplan, down 14 to 0 they gave the ball to Zane throwing two TDs to lead to a blow out.

    Junior Season: blew out everyone, except Moeller and Cincy StX. Moeller could have done more, coaching staff coached scared 2nd half, they held the ball last 8 minutes of the game.

  2. 2 former trinity QBs starting at other HS.

My point being, there are plenty of haters of Trinity football and their players, to have "the voice" of Trinity playing the hater is quite embarrassing. I believe you have over-valued what people think of your analysis, its one sided.

Nobody is hating on Trinity or Zane. I think he’s a great young man and worth the price of admission. This is a forum to discuss and compare our team to itself and prior teams. If you feel personally jilted by some commentary on this topic, I don’t know what to tell you.

And I definitely do want to see Zane and Trinity with a 4th title this year. That should be clear.

I am done on this topic and hope to see the Rocks perform well today.

3 hours ago, #RockNation said:

Nobody is hating on Trinity or Zane. I think he’s a great young man and worth the price of admission. This is a forum to discuss and compare our team to itself and prior teams. If you feel personally jilted by some commentary on this topic, I don’t know what to tell you.

And I definitely do want to see Zane and Trinity with a 4th title this year. That should be clear.

I am done on this topic and hope to see the Rocks perform well today.

Zane absolutely crushed it in the first half of the scrimmage against Springfield (OH). If he plays like this all year I am not sure anyone will beat them. With that said, I know they have a very tough schedule.

Besides having a strong receiving corp, the Rocks have three TE's at 6'3,6'5 & 6'5. More targets for Zane, especially inside the 20.

  • Author

Trinity seniors showed out all over the field in the Springfield scrimmage. I believe the Rocks have around 35 seniors on the roster. If Trinity can remain healthy………

3 hours ago, fatsnbul said:

Besides having a strong receiving corp, the Rocks have three TE's at 6'3,6'5 & 6'5. More targets for Zane, especially inside the 20.

One of them, maybe Stivers, dragging two defenders into the endzone during the scrimmage was absolutely electric.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.