Scott at Simon Kenton Rd. 2 - February 16

I personally think for Scott to have a chance in this one especially on SK's home floor on Senior Night they need to figure out how to contain Hurd and Elbert and keep them off the boards and not allow them to have easy put backs. Hester will get his points in the game he always does. I just don't like the matchups between the 2 teams especially without Quigley in Scotts lineup. Some of Scott's role players will have to step up big in order for Scott to have a chance in this one. Believe me I would love to Scott win but I don't know if they have the fire power to pull it off. This could come down to who scores the most points off their bench.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think for Scott to have a chance in this one especially on SK's home floor on Senior Night they need to figure out how to contain Hurd and Elbert and keep them off the boards and not allow them to have easy put backs. Hester will get his points in the game he always does. I just don't like the matchups between the 2 teams especially without Quigley in Scotts lineup. Some of Scott's role players will have to step up big in order for Scott to have a chance in this one. Believe me I would love to Scott win but I don't know if they have the fire power to pull it off. This could come down to who scores the most points off their bench.

I hope not, Carr does not use his bench enough and lacks the bench (he only goes two deep at the most, three if Baker gets back into playing shape.) If it comes down to bench Scoring Scott will be in for a long night, just because they don't see the floor enough to make a huge impacts.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on the game?

This could be a very close game. Hopefully like the first meeting, but with a different outcome in Scott's favor.

:thumb: , I hope you are right, Sk came off a game where they played down to CC, and Scott coming off a very emotionaly inspired victory of Dixie, nice way to send the seniors off at their last home game, any word if Hurd will be playing in this one, i heard that he missed tonights game with a shoulder injury.

:thumb: , I hope you are right, Sk came off a game where they played down to CC, and Scott coming off a very emotionaly inspired victory of Dixie, nice way to send the seniors off at their last home game, any word if Hurd will be playing in this one, i heard that he missed tonights game with a shoulder injury.

Hurd will play against Scott.

This is more than a local grudge match, or rivalry. Most of these kids grew up playing against each other in booster ball and blacktop ball. Its the last time these teams will be together to play each other. Some of these guys are friends off the court. No matter who wins its going to be an emotional, hard played, hard coached, and amazing game.

Although I am totally rooting for the Eagles. Its gonna be a squeaker.

And SK hasn't improved???

No one is saying SK hasn't improved.... What is being said is Scott has improved by a larger margin. If everyone would think (or look) back at the postings from the beginning of the season, no one gave Scott a chance, since they lost "their best players". Well, Sharp, Miller, Felts, Smith, Adkins, Hiller, Norman,and (bless his soul) Quigley are here to tell them they were wrong, they are here and are going to compete! And they have. They have went further than a lot of people expected. And they are going to go even further. Do not EVER underestimate the Eagles. They might not be the best team but this team has more heart and drive than any other team in the state. Give credit where credit is due.

I'll give them credit. They have been the most surprising team in NKY this year. I didnt see them playing this well this year but Sharp has had a great year and guys like Quigley, Smith, Miller and Felts have really stepped up their games. I picked SK by 15 in this game and will stand by that. Im not saying Scott is a bad team but just that on senior night at SK with Quigley being out SK will get the job done.

No one is saying SK hasn't improved.... What is being said is Scott has improved by a larger margin. If everyone would think (or look) back at the postings from the beginning of the season, no one gave Scott a chance, since they lost "their best players". Well, Sharp, Miller, Felts, Smith, Adkins, Hiller, Norman,and (bless his soul) Quigley are here to tell them they were wrong, they are here and are going to compete! And they have. They have went further than a lot of people expected. And they are going to go even further. Do not EVER underestimate the Eagles. They might not be the best team but this team has more heart and drive than any other team in the state. Give credit where credit is due.

I think it's a HUGE stretch to say that Scott has more heart and drive than any other team in the state. How can you possibly say that? You have absolutely no idea. I'm not taking anything away from them, I agree, they've played well and have worked hard. But that's just an impossible comment to make. I wouldn't even say that they have more heart and drive than any other team in NKY or more than SK for that matter, you could never truly know. :mad:

I'll give them credit. They have been the most surprising team in NKY this year. I didnt see them playing this well this year but Sharp has had a great year and guys like Quigley, Smith, Miller and Felts have really stepped up their games. I picked SK by 15 in this game and will stand by that. Im not saying Scott is a bad team but just that on senior night at SK with Quigley being out SK will get the job done.

I could be wrong, but I don't think SK will win by 15. These games always tend to be close to the end, I don't see this one shaping up any different. I hope it's just as close as the one in December, with the same result. :dancingpa

I think it's a HUGE stretch to say that Scott has more heart and drive than any other team in the state. How can you possibly say that? You have absolutely no idea. I'm not taking anything away from them, I agree, they've played well and have worked hard. But that's just an impossible comment to make. I wouldn't even say that they have more heart and drive than any other team in NKY or more than SK for that matter, you could never truly know. :mad:

You obviously do not know the team very well. Show me a team that backs each other up as much off the court as on! When you see one, you usually see the majority of the team together. They WANT to WORK HARD for their school and coach. You amaze me Sting.... people are allowed to have opinions, and in MY opinion, they do have the most Heart and Drive. So live with it. :fire: