Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Central Predictions/Updates

Pirates vs Yellowjackets 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this battle of old foes?

    • Belfry Pirates
      94%
    • Central Yellowjackets
      5%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

22 minutes ago, Watusi said:

Curious. Can’t remember Belfry having all that much success vs NKY teams.  I respect the hate and love it when passion sparks it (I have my fair share of it too) just wondering where it comes from in this case.  Would enjoy hearing more about that ?

Nov. 28 2003 was all they needed to do for me. They beat a very good Lloyd Memorial team in the state semi's in Erlanger in the freezing cold. I think I still have frost bite from being at that game.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I love this orchestrated rivalry. As most people know, I’m a heavy admirer of the entire Central school, and think it’s a cool thing for the City kids to come to the mountains (do they bring that fant

  • Long heave almost picked off but broken up. Belfry takes over with 13.7 seconds in the Half. Belfry kneels.   HALF Belfry 13 Central 0

  • I am leaning Belfry by a couple scores. Belfry is a team essentially in tact from 2024 and Central is a team having to play 7-8 new starters each way. Central has also historically struggled a li

Posted Images

  • Author
41 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

Nov. 28 2003 was all they needed to do for me. They beat a very good Lloyd Memorial team in the state semi's in Erlanger in the freezing cold. I think I still have frost bite from being at that game.

Very very cold game and that was a really good Juggs team.  That was one of my favorite road trips. It snowed sideways for a long time.  I couldn’t make it home that night and ended up crashing in Lexington after an interesting drive down I75

On 8/24/2025 at 11:17 AM, Watusi said:

Gone are Coach Haywood and Coach Scroggins, who shared a mutual respect and a drive to best the other one.  Central's dominance early in the relationship definitely pushed Belfry to elevate their game.  Coach Scroggins once said when people ask him about Central's natural rivalries within Louisville, he said, "The only rivalry we have is Belfry" 

Old Foes.jpg

I drop into this thread every now and then just to look at this photo. Cannot "like" it enough.

1 hour ago, Watusi said:

It snowed sideways for a long time.

You ain't lying. Glad we made it out to tell about it.

9 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

Nov. 28 2003 was all they needed to do for me. They beat a very good Lloyd Memorial team in the state semi's in Erlanger in the freezing cold. I think I still have frost bite from being at that game.

That game is the one single game I probably remember most vividly for those reasons (plus it was an exciting game to boot). I have never experienced a game like that and never experienced a game so cold that I still felt it the next day.

11 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

That game is the one single game I probably remember most vividly for those reasons (plus it was an exciting game to boot). I have never experienced a game like that and never experienced a game so cold that I still felt it the next day.

Yes stuck in my mind vividly also for those same reasons. Great quality of a game by both teams especially considering the weather conditions. Lloyd's #3 Howard Vance dropped what should have been a catch and run for a touchdown very late in the game that would have gave Lloyd a chance to tie it. Maybe his hands were frozen, like the ball, the field and everything else because that dude rarely missed anything that was in his vicinity. I remember kids watching the game crying because of the cold and the tears freezing to their face lol. Can't un-picture the sideways snow sweeping across the field like @Watusisaid.

  • Author
13 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

I drop into this thread every now and then just to look at this photo. Cannot "like" it enough.

That was actually my Belfry jacket and Ty Scroggins' Central jacket.  We were in the big club section at WKU and he came over and had a great visit with a few of us regular fans.  I couldn't resist the photo op.  

  • Author
4 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

Yes stuck in my mind vividly also for those same reasons. Great quality of a game by both teams especially considering the weather conditions. Lloyd's #3 Howard Vance dropped what should have been a catch and run for a touchdown very late in the game that would have gave Lloyd a chance to tie it. Maybe his hands were frozen, like the ball, the field and everything else because that dude rarely missed anything that was in his vicinity. I remember kids watching the game crying because of the cold and the tears freezing to their face lol. Can't un-picture the sideways snow sweeping across the field like @Watusisaid.

The white chicken chili I had at halftime, courtesy of Chad Brendel, is what got me through it.

44 minutes ago, Watusi said:

The white chicken chili I had at halftime, courtesy of Chad Brendel, is what got me through it.

I had it before the game and it was eye opening! Very good!

 

I had never actually had white chili until then and let's just say I now will at least have it once or twice a year once the weather gets cold ever since... and every time I have it I immediately think of that night.

7 hours ago, Watusi said:

The white chicken chili I had at halftime, courtesy of Chad Brendel, is what got me through it.

 

6 hours ago, ATLCat said:

I had it before the game and it was eye opening! Very good!

 

I had never actually had white chili until then and let's just say I now will at least have it once or twice a year once the weather gets cold ever since... and every time I have it I immediately think of that night.

Oh my gosh yesss ???? that was a staple. Don't know how I forgot about that. They use to do a huge chili cook off. I'm going to have to see if they still do that and try to haunt some of the authentic stuff down this year.

  • Author

Back to Belfry and Central.  
I’m really surprised by the lopsided opinions on this one.
 

 I have never put much stock in early season games and it seems like Central is really being undervalued because of their big loss to Manual.  That’s unfair as Manual is really really good and Belfry ain’t Manual.  
 

Belfry is always a work in progress early on and won’t hit their stride until later in the season, at least that’s typical for them.  Emotions will be really high tonight as the pirates take the field at Philip Haywood Stadium for the first time without him.   
 

Belfry may struggle with Centrals athleticism especially if the QB can throw it well and also move outside the pocket.  Mobile quarterbacks are somewhat of a nemesis.  
 

I expect a really close game.  

5 hours ago, Watusi said:

Back to Belfry and Central.  
I’m really surprised by the lopsided opinions on this one.
 

 I have never put much stock in early season games and it seems like Central is really being undervalued because of their big loss to Manual.  That’s unfair as Manual is really really good and Belfry ain’t Manual.  
 

Belfry is always a work in progress early on and won’t hit their stride until later in the season, at least that’s typical for them.  Emotions will be really high tonight as the pirates take the field at Philip Haywood Stadium for the first time without him.   
 

Belfry may struggle with Centrals athleticism especially if the QB can throw it well and also move outside the pocket.  Mobile quarterbacks are somewhat of a nemesis.  
 

I expect a really close game.  

There are a lot of factors in this one. Central is replacing lots of talent but the well is rarely dry. They still have players and as you said comparing a game between newbies and one of the best Manual teams in years is tough.

Belfry is more talented at this point than perhaps the last couple of seasons, but expecting a perfect game this early is unrealistic. And I'm glad you mentioned emotions because that could be a huge factor tonight. How does Coach Varney manage the need for catharsis without allowing the players to lose control?

I think this will be a good game at halftime. Beyond the half, we'll see where each of these two are at this point. No matter who wins and loses, I expect both of these teams to be much better in November than tonight.

Pressure by Hylton leads to a Belfry INT by Deskins.

 

1 minute ago, ATLCat said:

Pressure by Hylton leads to a Belfry INT by Deskins.

 

Score? Time?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.