Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 70 Duke 67 (NCAA Final 4)

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Houston definitely gets credit for their fight and locking down the last ten minutes, and making plays.
 

With that said, Duke had the ball up 6 with under 50 seconds left. A team should not lose in that scenario unless they make mistakes. Which Duke first then missed a shot (great defense by Houston.) Then Duke still up 6 with just 30 seconds to go, allowed Houston to get a clean look from 3 which should never happen in that scenario. Then turns the ball over on the in bounds, allows an offensive rebound for a score off a missed three by Houston. Then misses the front end of a one and one and not only that gets called for a rebound on the miss allowing Houston free throws to get the lead. So yes Houston definitely gets credit for making plays when they had to, however Dukes mistakes especially in the last minute is still a big reason why they lost. 

How many of those plays are mistakes versus great plays by Houston? All turnovers are not the same. The two plays that you can  say were "mistakes" were Proctor missing the front end of the 1and1 and Flagg's foul on the rebound - and personally I thought that was a super cheap call so I am not blaming him for that.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Carl Spackler
    Carl Spackler

    All time choke job by Duke.  Houston refused to give up though.  I thought when they were called for the technical that they were finished.  

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I don't think you all are giving Houston the credit they deserve. Their defense was unbelievable. There was no Duke choking or collapse. Houston won that game. They earned it. Duke didn't dribble ball

  • nikeman49
    nikeman49

    Sure, Houston deserves the credit for winning but what did they do to get down 14 points with 9 remaining and down 9 with 3 remaining? Would certainly have to be considered a total collapse by Duke fo

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How many of those plays are mistakes versus great plays by Houston? All turnovers are not the same. The two plays that you can  say were "mistakes" were Proctor missing the front end of the 1and1 and Flagg's foul on the rebound - and personally I thought that was a super cheap call so I am not blaming him for that.

Also, on the inbounds play on which Proctor was fouled, Kneuppel broke wide open.  Instead of throwing the ball to the 92% free throw shooter, the inbounds went to a 68% free throw shooter.  That's a huge mistake that set up the final result.  Sorry, but you don't fritter away the lead that Duke had without having a significant part in your own demise.  And the Blue Devils played a huge part in it.  

On 4/6/2025 at 3:58 PM, TheDeuce said:

...and you would be wrong. ?

Don’t call him out…

He’s always right lol 

1 minute ago, MBWC41 said:

Don’t call him out…

He’s always right lol 

What?

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What?

You’ve talked all year about certain members “obsession” with the ACC. 
 

I think you’re the type of person who could never admit to being wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. 
 

I’d just like to hear you say one more time, IT. JUST. MEANS. MORE…

1 minute ago, MBWC41 said:

You’ve talked all year about certain members “obsession” with the ACC. 
 

I think you’re the type of person who could never admit to being wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. 
 

I’d just like to hear you say one more time, IT. JUST. MEANS. MORE…

What was I wrong about?

And if you think that’s the case, then you know absolutely nothing about me, or my posting history. 

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What was I wrong about?

And if you think that’s the case, then you know absolutely nothing about me, or my posting history. 

2 weeks ago you were thumping your chest about the “yeah, the acc sucks” after UNC beat some no name west coast team…

I can look up the post and quote it tomorrow if you want me to. 

Just now, MBWC41 said:

2 weeks ago you were thumping your chest about the “yeah, the acc sucks” after UNC beat some no name west coast team…

I can look up the post and quote it tomorrow if you want me to. 

What does that have to do with anything…? What point are you trying to make?

It was a simple tongue in cheek, light hearted, funny take after UNC curb-stomped someone after everyone said they shouldn’t have been in.

And I don’t necessarily think you were wrong about anything.

I just can’t set by and let you call out posters obsessing over the ACC while you have an obsession with the SEC.

IT JUST MEANS MORE

Just now, MBWC41 said:

And I don’t necessarily think you were wrong about anything.

I just can’t set by and let you call out posters obsessing over the ACC while you have an obsession with the SEC.

IT JUST MEANS MORE

How does me posting about an ACC team show an obsession with the SEC? I’m struggling to find your point…

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

What does that have to do with anything…? What point are you trying to make?

It was a simple tongue in cheek, light hearted, funny take after UNC curb-stomped someone after everyone said they shouldn’t have been in.

Light hearted and funny ?

that's not the feeling I got from the post. Maybe I was mistaken. 

Just now, MBWC41 said:

Light hearted and funny ?

that's not the feeling I got from the post. Maybe I was mistaken. 

You are free to interpret things however you see fit. I can’t control that. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

How does me posting about an ACC team show an obsession with the SEC? I’m struggling to find your point…

IT JUST MEANS MORE

How many times have we heard that from you ???

Your obsession with the SEC rivals that of any  posters obsession with the ACC. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You are free to interpret things however you see fit. I can’t control that. 

Lol

2 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

IT JUST MEANS MORE

How many times have we heard that from you ???

Your obsession with the SEC rivals that of any  posters obsession with the ACC. 

If that helps you sleep at night, who am I to argue different?

Congrats on your win!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.