Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson

Featured Replies

I read on another board that patterson was bad mouthing the refs after the game when being interviewed. Anybody know what he said.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Patterson, I can say that Pettigrew, and Jacobs are better basketball players, just tougher kids.

He looked pretty impressive to me. HHS doesn't give him many looks. I would say 75% of his points come from offensive rebounds.

It was interesting to see the difference in interviews between the KY TV stations and then what he said to the WV TV stations. Also, looks like he could have been pretty upset about how many touches he got. :sssh:

 

Patterson, a prime recruiting target of UK, had 12 points and 15 rebounds. But he rarely saw a pass from his teammates.

 

"They didn't look inside; they were trying to get their shots," he said. "I'm not trying to 'dis' them or anything, but we just didn't have a good team effort."

 

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16613516.htm

I think this loss hurts UK in recruiting him... even though the refs or the game has nothing to do with UK Basketball.

I think this loss hurts UK in recruiting him... even though the refs or the game has nothing to do with UK Basketball.

Elaborate???

Patrick Patterson, IS a FORCE, however, if a team chooses not to use that force, it's the team that looses out. I was glad to see Scott County win, but you do not have a player like Patrick Patterson in the game and not at least give him a touch at the end of the game. At the end of the game on the last four offensive trips (at least the last four and possibly more), the only touch Patrick got was a tip in off of a HORRIBLE 3 point attempt by Mayo (he was double teamed and the shot was DEEP). Scott County's books should have an assit recorded by Mayo for not giving the ball up more. Anyway I would LOVE to have Patrick Patterson on my team, but then again I would love to have Matt Walls on it too.

After watching Patterson, I can say that Pettigrew, and Jacobs are better basketball players, just tougher kids.

 

Its hard to give an accurate assesment about Patterson considering he didnt get the ball. The man is an absolute beast.

Elaborate???

 

I just think that coming to Kentucky and losing the way they did, he has a bitter feeling about it. I think there were a lot of calls that ended up against them. For example: Whenever Patterson would rebound the ball and get it knocked out of his hands from a Scott County player behind him, they would give it to Scott County every time. In any other game with different teams and not such a big stage, the ball would have stayed with Huntington. I'm not trying to take anything away from Scott County because they played great, but I think a lot of questionable calls went in their favor.

I just think that coming to Kentucky and losing the way they did, he has a bitter feeling about it. I think there were a lot of calls that ended up against them. For example: Whenever Patterson would rebound the ball and get it knocked out of his hands from a Scott County player behind him, they would give it to Scott County every time. In any other game with different teams and not such a big stage, the ball would have stayed with Huntington. I'm not trying to take anything away from Scott County because they played great, but I think a lot of questionable calls went in their favor.

I think that will have absolutely ZERO effect on where he choses to go to school. He is complaining about getting to ball. OK well come to UK we have plenty of shots that are available.

I think that will have absolutely ZERO effect on where he choses to go to school. He is complaining about getting to ball. OK well come to UK we have plenty of shots that are available.

 

Well... good thing we are entitled to different opinions.

Well... good thing we are entitled to different opinions.

:D :thumb: I was just wondering why you thought that.

:D :thumb: I was just wondering why you thought that.

 

I don't know... it was just a "gut" feeling that this hurts UK. I mean, this might not turn him away from them and he may still commit to UK, I just had a feeling that he might be bitter, atleast for a little while.

Come on guys.... Blaming ref's for not getting a player??? You've got to be kidding me? I watched the game as well and I will say that the ref's did an outstanding job. They called palming on BOTH teams, let them play consistently under the goal and called the obvious hand checks. I think if Patterson says anything about the ref's it will be out of total frustration only.

You need to read the Courier Journal

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

 

then, because he said that Kentucky is at the top, and he is narrowing from 6 teams to 3. I think he is a bit more mature than to let a loss, decides where he wants to go, in fact a good player goes to where he can get better. A player that is concerned about HIMSELF goes to where he gets the most media exposure for himself...hmmmm...like Southern California for a one and done career to be seen by the most pro teams available....just a thought.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.