UKs Recruiting Problem.

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubbyball = Bring in MAC talent who will work together as a team, go to class, stay out of trouble and listen to the coach. Problem is, that talent doesn't work at the University of Kentucky. Totally explains all the 10 loss seasons and the final 4 drought. Tubby has to change his recruiting style to survive at UK.

Hmmm no I dont think so. Ky boys would be great but we would be having 15 to 20 losses seasons with mostly UK boys against the schedule we play against. Think about how many ky boys have gone on to do anything lately at any big time program lately besides Lofton? That would be no one, we brought in players like Carrier, Stockton, Blevins, Tackett who were very good Ky boys and they did absolutely nothing in the blue and white. There has been alot to change since the unfortegable days, because basketball players are alot more athletic and just the style is completely different...

All you said may be true, but the HEART is not!!!

Outside of Lofton in the last 4 years what kid in state should UK recruited? I wish all KY kids could be great basketball players, but it is not going to happen. recruit the best. The problem is outside of the state of Kentucky kids don't look at UK as the place to be. Those schools are in Carolina.

AD - are you ever going to point out which KY kids have not been recruited by UK that SHOULD have or are you just going to say the same thing over and over? We've already given you Lofton. Is that your only guy?

Are there guys at Scott County besides the kid going to IU and the kid that UK has offered a walk-on spot to?

There is enough talent in KY's jr. and sr. classes this year that Tubby should land one of these guys. Bud Mackey and Matt Walls last night showed that they could more than hold there own against OJ and Patrick Patterson. Talent in KY has lacked the past few years but is really good this year and next.

AD - are you ever going to point out which KY kids have not been recruited by UK that SHOULD have or are you just going to say the same thing over and over? We've already given you Lofton. Is that your only guy?

Are there guys at Scott County besides the kid going to IU and the kid that UK has offered a walk-on spot to?

Ok you got me,I don't have any names for you.High school Basketball in Ky I guess these days is just not that good! Im surprised we havent done away with HSBB In KY.

Ok you got me,I don't have any names for you.High school Basketball in Ky I guess these days is just not that good! Im surprised we havent done away with HSBB In KY.

You don't need facts when you're supporting Tubby. :rolleyes: