UKs Recruiting Problem.

ADopted ADmiral

Tubbyball = Bring in MAC talent who will work together as a team, go to class, stay out of trouble and listen to the coach. Problem is, that talent doesn't work at the University of Kentucky. Totally explains all the 10 loss seasons and the final 4 drought. Tubby has to change his recruiting style to survive at UK.

:thumb:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rondo for one!

People always are quick to jump Rondo, but truth be known If I was Rondo I would have been the same way. It wasn't Rondo's ego that got in the way as much as it was the way he was being used. Anyone who had saw him play while at Eastern or Oak Hill would know that Rajon was a runner and a gunner. He ran the break, dished numerous assists, and made many fast break buckets. His whole game was evolved around a run and gun style. Steve Smith utilized this to Oak Hill's advantage. However, Tubby on the otherhand slowed him down, tried to turn him into a half court set player, and scowled him for shooting at times. Its all about knowing your players, and knowing how to use them. Tubbs didn't take advantage of what he had with Rondo, but rather tried to change his whole game, thus why it did not work for either. Not that his ego was too big.

Ok you got me,I don't have any names for you.High school Basketball in Ky I guess these days is just not that good! Im surprised we havent done away with HSBB In KY.

That's what I figured. Bash without having anything to back it up.