Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Apollo Eagles

Featured Replies

Aug 22 vs. Murray 
Aug 29 at Heritage Hills (IN)
Sep 5 at Owensboro Catholic 
Sep 12 at Hancock County 
Sep 19 vs. Muhlenberg County*
Sep 26 vs. Owensboro*
Oct 3 vs. Graves County*
Oct 10 at Madisonville-North Hopkins*
Oct 17 - OPEN 
Oct 24 at Marshall County*
Oct 31 vs. Daviess County 

* District

apollo20high20school20FOR20WEB_1520333509185.jpg_36022417_ver1.0.jpg

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Panther80
    Panther80

    Replaced Meade, McCracken, and Bowling Green with Hancock, Murray, and Heritage Hills. Given the narrow wins over Meade and McCracken a year ago, as well as the loss of playmaker, Niles Board, this mo

  • Murray will have 10 starters on Defense and 9 on Offense back this fall.  They lost All State ATH in Jeremiah Jones to Nebraska but will probably be more explosive this year as a group. The Tigers wil

  • “They have a great shot..(at beating Owensboro)….” Better than average would be over 50% A good shot would probably be 75% A great shot…….fill in the blank I guess “A great shot at

Posted Images

Replaced Meade, McCracken, and Bowling Green with Hancock, Murray, and Heritage Hills. Given the narrow wins over Meade and McCracken a year ago, as well as the loss of playmaker, Niles Board, this move significantly increased AHS chances of repeating the 5-win season, and potentially a winning season. With the move of S. Warren to 6A, if you don't finish 4th in district, you have at least a puncher's chance of winning a playoff game. 

Apollo has a great shot of winning their district year, and their ceiling has risen even higher. Could this be the year that the Eagles snap their nearly two decade long losing streak in the first round of the playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, jester270 said:

Apollo has a great shot of winning their district year, and their ceiling has risen even higher. Could this be the year that the Eagles snap their nearly two decade long losing streak in the first round of the playoffs? 

So, you think they have a great shot of beating OHS this year? If they can beat Madisonville and/or Graves, I would agree that they could win the 1st round playoff game. 

1 minute ago, Panther80 said:

So, you think they have a great shot of beating OHS this year? If they can beat Madisonville and/or Graves, I would agree that they could win the 1st round playoff game. 

Max Johnson will be a problem for everyone that Apollo faces next season. They averaged 30 ppg with Johnson as a Sophomore. This should be the year he elevates his game to the next level. Losing Board will be tough, but I think they have a great shot and can match up with them athletically. Of course, containing Hampton will be a problem for anyone, but I am unsure how OHS air attack will be with a new offense/QB. 

I just don't know to be honest, I think Apollo will be a lot better and I really like what they do, but I don't think they nor DC or Catholic will beat us this year. 

I do think they will come in second for sure this year. With South Warren out of district 2 I think they will have a shot of winning the playoff game. 

16 minutes ago, jester270 said:

Max Johnson will be a problem for everyone that Apollo faces next season. They averaged 30 ppg with Johnson as a Sophomore. This should be the year he elevates his game to the next level. Losing Board will be tough, but I think they have a great shot and can match up with them athletically. Of course, containing Hampton will be a problem for anyone, but I am unsure how OHS air attack will be with a new offense/QB. 

Board was over half of the point production, so that will be hard to replace. I do think overall they should be better, but more efficient play will have to make up for the individual effort of a dynamic playmaker. You make a number of fair points.

In regard to OHS, I would anticipate the same offense and defense. The new QB is certainly a variable to consider. The run game will take some pressure off and allow for time to develop before playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

I just don't know to be honest, I think Apollo will be a lot better and I really like what they do, but I don't think they nor DC or Catholic will beat us this year. 

 

All 4 schools run the same system, more or less. OHS has a D1 running back, so I think that is where you see more emphasis on run game, which to me, makes a ton of sense. 

2 minutes ago, Panther80 said:

Board was over half of the point production, so that will be hard to replace. I do think overall they should be better, but more efficient play will have to make up for the individual effort of a dynamic playmaker. You make a number of fair points.

In regard to OHS, I would anticipate the same offense and defense. The new QB is certainly a variable to consider. The run game will take some pressure off and allow for time to develop before playoffs. 

The OL is a big concern for me. I think a couple kids will have to go both ways. Playing X and CAL will not help and we must keep Hampton healthy.

10 minutes ago, Panther80 said:

Board was over half of the point production, so that will be hard to replace. I do think overall they should be better, but more efficient play will have to make up for the individual effort of a dynamic playmaker. You make a number of fair points.

In regard to OHS, I would anticipate the same offense and defense. The new QB is certainly a variable to consider. The run game will take some pressure off and allow for time to develop before playoffs. 

The Apollo/Heritage Hills (Indiana State Champs) will be a great indication to see if Apollo is the real deal. 

21 hours ago, jester270 said:

Max Johnson will be a problem for everyone that Apollo faces next season. They averaged 30 ppg with Johnson as a Sophomore. This should be the year he elevates his game to the next level. Losing Board will be tough, but I think they have a great shot and can match up with them athletically. Of course, containing Hampton will be a problem for anyone, but I am unsure how OHS air attack will be with a new offense/QB. 

“They have a great shot..(at beating Owensboro)….”

Better than average would be over 50%

A good shot would probably be 75%

A great shot…….fill in the blank I guess

“A great shot at winning district”  too….last year was 4 behind O, MNH, Graves….

 

Apollo who has beaten Owensboro once since 2005 (yes they play every year).  I love Edge, great coach.  The one win was a last minute Hail Mary that beat a terrible 2017 O team.  

Games since 2018

O 40-0

O 46-0

O 50-13

O 44-7

O  62-18

O 61-21

O 28-6

 

Anything CAN happen…but great shot at beating O and winning district…..I am not buying.

15 minutes ago, Brown said:

“They have a great shot..(at beating Owensboro)….”

Better than average would be over 50%

A good shot would probably be 75%

A great shot…….fill in the blank I guess

“A great shot at winning district”  too….last year was 4 behind O, MNH, Graves….

 

Apollo who has beaten Owensboro once since 2005 (yes they play every year).  I love Edge, great coach.  The one win was a last minute Hail Mary that beat a terrible 2017 O team.  

Games since 2018

O 40-0

O 46-0

O 50-13

O 44-7

O  62-18

O 61-21

O 28-6

 

Anything CAN happen…but great shot at beating O and winning district…..I am not buying.

I'll be honest with you @Brown if we don't get a QB or OL we aren't beating Catholic nor Apollo in town. Where is our Coach? We should of done a better job of getting him a job in the building and don't say we couldn't because we didn't have a problem getting Joe Prince a job when he left Lou. Eastern. 

I think Apollo has a "great" shot. If they don't snap two balls over the punter's head in the rain game we don't beat them last year. 

9 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

I'll be honest with you @Brown if we don't get a QB or OL we aren't beating Catholic nor Apollo in town. Where is our Coach? We should of done a better job of getting him a job in the building and don't say we couldn't because we didn't have a problem getting Joe Prince a job when he left Lou. Eastern. 

I think Apollo has a "great" shot. If they don't snap two balls over the punter's head in the rain game we don't beat them last year. 

Again a great shot is they are favored pretty heavily….not buying.

Apollo won't be favored over Owensboro this year.  I like Apollo, but Owensboro has a team that if they can find a few pieces should be in the 5A Semifinals at a minimum.

Apollo can shoot for second in the district.  Not a given as Graves County will be solid by district time.  I honestly don't know what Madisonville will have.  I know they lost their stud QB/S.  I think they return their stud RB though.  But if Apollo could get 2nd or 3rd in the district, they have a chance to win a playoff game.  Let's start there!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.