Region Favorites???

I no longer think Shelby is a contender with the loss of Wade. But I also am not ready to crown the Pioneers yet. Simon Kenton is the clear cut favorite, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone step up and knock them out.

The lose of Wade will hurt them on the defensive end of the court with block shoots and rebounds.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 10 is at Mason Co. 11th region I believe will be at Frankfort this year...was At EKU this past year...they rotate.

GS,

The 11th region 1st round games will be held at the district winners home floor. Those 4 winners will then play the region semi's and finals at Alumni Coleseum in Richmond. The games were actually in Frankfort last year.

Madison Central had the sun shine on them multiple times during last year's regional tournament.

They are good, but I don't think the odds are in their favor...

MC won the region last year fair and square. They went through Bryan Station, Woodford County, and Scott County. The "sun shined" because they played good basketball.

Scott County is a definate favorite this year, but there are other teams (Lex Cath, Madison Central, Bryan Station, Henry Clay) that could win the region and it not be a big shocker.

GS,

The 11th region 1st round games will be held at the district winners home floor. Those 4 winners will then play the region semi's and finals at Alumni Coleseum in Richmond. The games were actually in Frankfort last year.

Thanks for the info. When I was at the Toyota Classic last week. some people from Scott Co said it was at EKU last year...guess they wern't there..:lol:

I guess since everyone is picking Scott Co. to win the 11th teams such as Bryan Station, Tates Creek, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Lex Cath, and others should just turn in there uniforms

I'm quite surprised that they haven't already. :jump:

But on a serious note, people are saying Scott Co is favorite, not that they are a lock (like Warren Central). Can you argue that?

South Laurel is the fave in the 13th, but Corbin can maybe give them trouble.

I agree South is the major favorite here, but IMO Bell Co. could be the biggest trouble maker, Corbin (though getting closer have not proved they can beat South) Bell on the other in a one game winner take all, who knows?