Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jack James (Paducah Tilghman '25) KHSAA Passing TD Record

Featured Replies

Seems like Tilghman is quietly having an unbelievable year.  With Boyle going for their fifth in a row they are not really getting the attention I think they should be for the year they are having.  Only Johnson Central has put up more points in 4A than they have and they are number 1 in the RPI.  Also lost to a small degree in the quiet season is the fact that their QB is now the state record holder for TD passes in a career if I'm not mistaken.  I believe he broke it again Warren East this past Friday.  

I will add that I do not know how the KHSAA treats records if a player plays 5 years.  James threw for 10 TD's in his first season which was 4 years ago.  The record was held by Elijah Sindelar, from Calloway County with 144 TD's passes.  Jack James hit 148 TD's this past Friday and that is not counting the 10 he threw 4 seasons ago.  If they count, then the record was broken against Logan Co.  Either way it's a mighty big record to break.  Congrats to this young man.  The presumed Boyle/PT game that most are expecting could be a dandy.  

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Seems like Tilghman is quietly having an unbelievable year.  With Boyle going for their fifth in a row they are not really getting the attention I think they should be for the year they are having.  Only Johnson Central has put up more points in 4A than they have and they are number 1 in the RPI.  Also lost to a small degree in the quiet season is the fact that their QB is now the state record holder for TD passes in a career if I'm not mistaken.  I believe he broke it again Warren East this past Friday.  

I will add that I do not know how the KHSAA treats records if a player plays 5 years.  James threw for 10 TD's in his first season which was 4 years ago.  The record was held by Elijah Sindelar, from Calloway County with 144 TD's passes.  Jack James hit 148 TD's this past Friday and that is not counting the 10 he threw 4 seasons ago.  If they count, then the record was broken against Logan Co.  Either way it's a mighty big record to break.  Congrats to this young man.  The presumed Boyle/PT game that most are expecting could be a dandy.  

I would imagine they’ll treat it the same as Travis Perry breaking the scoring record in basketball in 6 years, that was held by Kelly Coleman who only played 4.  It’s good for the game any time anyone breaks a record whether it would be a school record, state record, etc.  sets the bar higher for next guy & drives excitement around it.

  • Author

Difference in basketball is that you can play varsity as a middle school student.  Jack James 5th year is because of covid.  The covid year stuff has been going on now for a while as far as records go, I just haven't been paying attention to it. 

I've kept track of it in the Mr. Football Watchlist. This was posted the week after he broke Sindelar's record.

 

  • Author

My bad DMC.  I usually read those posts but I sure didn't remember it.  Thanks.  Will the KHSAA count all 5 years?  Maybe that has been discussed before also, but I don't remember it.  But I'm old and used to take a lot of hits to the head. 

I believe they stated they will only count the first 4 years of play for football but I could be completely remembering that wrong. 

22 minutes ago, barrel said:

I believe they stated they will only count the first 4 years of play for football but I could be completely remembering that wrong. 

That seems like the right way to do it for record books purposes.

KHSAA record book posted online was last updated 9/03/2021.

10 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Difference in basketball is that you can play varsity as a middle school student.  Jack James 5th year is because of covid.  The covid year stuff has been going on now for a while as far as records go, I just haven't been paying attention to it. 

But could you play varsity basketball as a middle schooler back when Coleman played?  I don't think you could.  There's a lot of other factors you could throw in as well.  Not arguing, but it seems the kid did it under the eligibility rules that the KHSAA allowed so why punish him?  It's not his fault.  

16 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Seems like Tilghman is quietly having an unbelievable year.  With Boyle going for their fifth in a row they are not really getting the attention I think they should be for the year they are having.  Only Johnson Central has put up more points in 4A than they have and they are number 1 in the RPI.  Also lost to a small degree in the quiet season is the fact that their QB is now the state record holder for TD passes in a career if I'm not mistaken.  I believe he broke it again Warren East this past Friday.  

I will add that I do not know how the KHSAA treats records if a player plays 5 years.  James threw for 10 TD's in his first season which was 4 years ago.  The record was held by Elijah Sindelar, from Calloway County with 144 TD's passes.  Jack James hit 148 TD's this past Friday and that is not counting the 10 he threw 4 seasons ago.  If they count, then the record was broken against Logan Co.  Either way it's a mighty big record to break.  Congrats to this young man.  The presumed Boyle/PT game that most are expecting could be a dandy.  

What is James' total if you use his first four years?

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is James' total if you use his first four years?

First four years would be 124

Last four years would be 148 and counting

 

Do we allow for Covid "5th year guys" to win Mr. Football, or do they have to win in in their first 4 seasons? 

14 minutes ago, KingDeuce said:

Do we allow for Covid "5th year guys" to win Mr. Football, or do they have to win in in their first 4 seasons? 

Issac Dixon of Belfry won it as a fifth year senior in 2021.

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

First four years would be 124

Last four years would be 148 and counting

 

That would make him #5 all time in state history.

18 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Difference in basketball is that you can play varsity as a middle school student.  Jack James 5th year is because of covid.  The covid year stuff has been going on now for a while as far as records go, I just haven't been paying attention to it. 

You used to be able to play varsity football before entering high school, although that rule changed in the 90s. I think there was a clarification on a Tim Couch record a few years back, who maybe threw a few mop-up touchdowns as an 8th grader and those weren't counted toward the record. Or maybe the state counted it but the NFHS didn't. I can't remember...

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

Issac Dixon of Belfry won it as a fifth year senior in 2021.

I think if Quisenberry wins it this year, he'll also be a "redshirt senior".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.