Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buying a new Car

Featured Replies

19 hours ago, PP1 said:

Lol... I was hoping someone on here owned a Buick or had adequate knowledge of cars to advise me on whether or not to spend less money on a new Buick or spend the extra 8k on a chevy or toyota.

25 years ago, I had a Buick Park Avenue.  It was a nice ride, but it just didn't last for me with reliability like my Camry.

21 hours ago, PP1 said:

Lol... I was hoping someone on here owned a Buick or had adequate knowledge of cars to advise me on whether or not to spend less money on a new Buick or spend the extra 8k on a chevy or toyota.

Not a chance that I'd spend the extra $8k on a Chevy, but I would definitely consider it for a Toyota.  

My parents drive two Buicks and they've both been very reliable vehicles.  They also review better than Chevys.

On 8/7/2024 at 12:26 AM, Voice of Reason said:

I have not bought a "new" car since 1992. I buy 3 year old cars with low miles. Save money and pay cash. Drive it for 6-8 years or when it gets to about 150,000 miles and sell it. Repeat. 

I've never bought a new car in my life.  Haven't had a car payment since 2004.  However, I seldom sell cars.  Just drive them until they die and go buy another one.  I hate the car buying process.

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Not a chance that I'd spend the extra $8k on a Chevy, but I would definitely consider it for a Toyota.  

My parents drive two Buicks and they've both been very reliable vehicles.  They also review better than Chevys.

This.  Or a Lexus if you find the right one used. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

This.  Or a Lexus if you find the right one used. 

They review really well.

20 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Only somewhat relevant to this thread...

I drove an Escalade for a week when we went on a big family vacation in 2021. It was an ESV and it was loaded. That thing was BY FAR the nicest ride I had ever driven. 

I see why they cost so much, and it's worth it if you can afford it. 

And if that is out of the budget, look at the Buick Enclave. Super nice ride for a lot less than the Escalade.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.