Open Job: East Jessamine

58 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

East should be calling Ryan Young today. 

They can call but I see no way he takes this job. They return Jones and the Duke kid is good but other than that not much else. Hall and Harris graduate and Radford has already announced he is done. West has the international kid and returns a good core group of guards to go with him. Mercer returns 3 of their top 4 scorers and even Trinity Christian returns all of their players but one that made the region this year. Also the possibility of them moving back to the 11th makes this a very unattractive job in my opinion. The West job might be a possibility for him but still May end up back in the 11th. 

7 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I heard East is going after Butch Joiner. 

Didn’t he leave Frankfort (as head coach) for Woodford (to be an assistant)? I assume he did that to put his son in a better spot, and it definitley worked out. If that’s the case, why would he now go to East as head coach after just one year?

Maybe I don’t have the facts straight. But if I do, I don’t see why he would be interested in making that move.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, QueenoftheSouth said:

Didn’t he leave Frankfort (as head coach) for Woodford (to be an assistant)? I assume he did that to put his son in a better spot, and it definitley worked out. If that’s the case, why would he now go to East as head coach after just one year?

Maybe I don’t have the facts straight. But if I do, I don’t see why he would be interested in making that move.

He played at East jess.

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

East won the Salt River Conference in 8th grade, and runner ups in the 7th grade this season.  If they stay in 12th, it’s a better job than some believe.  

I didn’t realize they had solid middle school teams. That would make it more attractive than one would otherwise think, assuming they can retain that talent. But I’d be shocked if he’d take his kid out of the still current situation at Woodford.

• 2 weeks later...