Trinity Christian 62 East Jessamine 60 (46th District Semifinal)

12 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I assume the "off the floor" stuff is in relation to East Jess PG stepping away from basketball post I saw last night.  Def. not a good time of year to have off the floor issues going on, but nothing surprises me in today's society.

The issues had nothing to do with the coach/sraff. Were completely out of their control.

54 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I assume the "off the floor" stuff is in relation to East Jess PG stepping away from basketball post I saw last night.  Def. not a good time of year to have off the floor issues going on, but nothing surprises me in today's society.

The off floor issues had to do with a fight after the West/Burgin game Monday night between some West fans and East fans that two key players from East got involved in. The coaching staff held the players accountable and went to battle with what they had. Have to admire that from a coach. Along with his YOY improvement I would say his job is safe. The PG post you mentioned was in reference to him giving up basketball to pursue a singing/acting career. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BasketballFan24 said:

The off floor issues had to do with a fight after the West/Burgin game Monday night between some West fans and East fans that two key players from East got involved in. The coaching staff held the players accountable and went to battle with what they had. Have to admire that from a coach. Along with his YOY improvement I would say his job is safe. The PG post you mentioned was in reference to him giving up basketball to pursue a singing/acting career. 

Thanks for the info...  

I wouldn't think the coach would be in danger of losing his job.  He's a well respected teacher in the building (Maybe even teaching AP classes).  A lot of people fail to realize that most of these coaches are full time teachers, who have other responsibilities in the building.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

A coaching change? Their records the last 3 years are: 4-26; 9-21 & then 17-14 this year, with two wins over West and a 10-7 record in regional play. They had two players suspended last night, one of which was a key player. I’ve not been able to ascertain who the second player was, so they might have been as well.

It wasn’t how they should've ended their season but there were certainly contributing factors. They don’t have a ton of talent yet they were relevant in the region this year for the first time in forever. And given their positive trends YOY, I think this staff has done very well. Perhaps overachieved.

There are certainly other coaches in this region that have done less with a lot more to work with. And to me, that’s what high school coaching is all about. You are a dealt a hand, so what do you do with it. Are they better or worse than expected? That’s the measure of whether a coach is doing a good job. And in this case I would argue they made them better than expected.

I agree, shouldn't be a discussion about losing their job.  They were much improved this season.  I would like to know who was out before making a declaration about whether this was a true upset or not.  But, I would say outside of DCA and Boyle they're arguably the most athletic team in the region and Miyo Jones and Myles Radford is a pretty dynamic backcourt.  They have a really good 8th grader as well about to come through.  So, I wouldn't say the cupboard was just bare for them.  

56 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I agree, shouldn't be a discussion about losing their job.  They were much improved this season.  I would like to know who was out before making a declaration about whether this was a true upset or not.  But, I would say outside of DCA and Boyle they're arguably the most athletic team in the region and Miyo Jones and Myles Radford is a pretty dynamic backcourt.  They have a really good 8th grader as well about to come through.  So, I wouldn't say the cupboard was just bare for them.  

Yes, the cupboard has more in it now than in the past few years. But I would not have predicted their record to be what it was (over .500). Overall, I was just making the point that it seems that their coach has the program headed in the right direction, regardless of last night’s outcome.

One more thing. Even if they had been full strength and lost last night, it’’d still be crazy to talk about him losing his job. Anything can happen on a given night. The body of work for the season (as a whole) generally tells the most accurate story. And I know it wasn’t you thinking he should be fired, just making the point for the overall discussion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Yes, the cupboard has more in it now than in the past few years. But I would not have predicted their record to be what it was (over .500). Overall, I was just making the point that it seems that their coach has the program headed in the right direction, regardless of last night’s outcome.

One more thing. Even if they had been full strength and lost last night, it’’d still be crazy to talk about him losing his job. Anything can happen on a given night. The body of work for the season (as a whole) generally tells the most accurate story. And I know it wasn’t you thinking he should be fired, just making the point for the overall discussion.

Just to be clear, I wasn’t saying he should be fired. I was reacting to a post that claimed they wouldn’t be surprised if a coaching change does occur. As an outsider of the program but a fan of the 12th region as a whole it wouldn’t shock me either. This team was good enough to make the 12th this year in that district. Hard for me to believe the end of this season hasn’t been a disappointment. 

With all that said, again I’m an outsider. Not calling for his job. Didn’t know any of the team issues taking place. I was just saying in a couple of months if a thread pops up that this job is open that it wouldn’t be shocking to me. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 5:35 PM, 12th Region Fan said:

Just to be clear, I wasn’t saying he should be fired. I was reacting to a post that claimed they wouldn’t be surprised if a coaching change does occur. As an outsider of the program but a fan of the 12th region as a whole it wouldn’t shock me either. This team was good enough to make the 12th this year in that district. Hard for me to believe the end of this season hasn’t been a disappointment. 

With all that said, again I’m an outsider. Not calling for his job. Didn’t know any of the team issues taking place. I was just saying in a couple of months if a thread pops up that this job is open that it wouldn’t be shocking to me. 

And no, I’m not surprised this job came open.