Elliott Co. 83 Morgan Co. 57

The younger Knipp has the potential to be one of the best to come from this area. Maynard needs to get a few more shots, but the way the twins, ferguson and Knipp are shooting it isn't necessary right now. Speed kills and also helps negate the lack of an inside stopper. The combination of talent and pure guts and hustle make Elliott a contender.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61st--Rowan, Bath, Menifee and Fleming

62nd--East Carter, West Carter, Elliott and Morgan

Rowan has got it made to the regional for a while to come. In my opinion they have been set up for quite some time by a former very friendly face on the KHSAA Board.

Great post Nets, you are wise beyond your years!

I agree Maynard can is a "pure shooter" who night after night has his feet sit at the 3 point line waiting for a pass that seldom comes and when he gets it with his feet sit goods things happen (4-6 vs Fleming, 6-7 vs Menifee). Yet, he is such an unselfish player always feeding the open man.

Rowan has got it made to the regional for a while to come. In my opinion they have been set up for quite some time by a former very friendly face on the KHSAA Board.

It does seem that way doesn't it.....hmmmmmm

This should keep Daniels at the helm for at least another 10 years.

Another way to look at it is that one of the other three teams will also make it to the Regionals, which is pretty much an automatic win for the winner from one of the other districts. In other words, every season, we'll have Ashland vs. Menifee or Elliott vs. Bath in the first round of the regions.

Great post Nets, you are wise beyond your years!

I agree Maynard can is a "pure shooter" who night after night has his feet sit at the 3 point line waiting for a pass that seldom comes and when he gets it with his feet sit goods things happen (4-6 vs Fleming, 6-7 vs Menifee). Yet, he is such an unselfish player always feeding the open man.

Those are the two weakest defensive teams in the region. Especially Menifee!! Against Raceland and Morgan he only took 5 shot's both games combined! It wasn't because he didnt get touch's. He just didn't get many 'open" looks because of the defense. Bottom line is he is a good kid and can shoot the lights out when left 'open" but against a good defensive team he is not quick enough to get the open shot. IMO his supporter's on here should get him some foot speed drill's get him to work like a maniac all summer and be able to be "Lights Out" next year! That's my honest opinion not trying to diss anyone. He has good court sense, good shooter, good player, just lagging in foot speed which can be remedied!!! Now for the Elliott Co. team they are doing fantastic playing good team ball and "everyone " on the team contributes in some way. YOU ALL(ELLIOTT) SHOULD BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amos I think what other posters are saying is its ture he is getting touches but also obviously true you can see him open 5-6 times each game & does not get those touches. Instead you will see a 1 on 3 or some other difficult or bad shot. Last night I saw it. If the ball was dished to him or one of the others posted up on a wing it would only make those takes to bucket a lot easier & Elliott even more difficult to defend.Do not get me wrong I am glad the team is doing as wel as they are but I think thats what others mean on their post. Good luck Elliott.

Those are the two weakest defensive teams in the region. Especially Menifee!! Against Raceland and Morgan he only took 5 shot's both games combined! It wasn't because he didnt get touch's. He just didn't get many 'open" looks because of the defense. Bottom line is he is a good kid and can shoot the lights out when left 'open" but against a good defensive team he is not quick enough to get the open shot. IMO his supporter's on here should get him some foot speed drill's get him to work like a maniac all summer and be able to be "Lights Out" next year! That's my honest opinion not trying to diss anyone. He has good court sense, good shooter, good player, just lagging in foot speed which can be remedied!!! Now for the Elliott Co. team they are doing fantastic playing good team ball and "everyone " on the team contributes in some way. YOU ALL(ELLIOTT) SHOULD BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, great court sense, however, he CAN get open shots against any defense. Granted, Fleming and Menifee are not great defenses, but that had nothing to do with him getting shots against them, he got shots against them because he was passed the ball when he was open! When a defense moves to stop a penatrator all it takes is a kick out, or if someone is double teamed, or one more pass to someone who is more open.

Those are only a few ways to get open shots besides having "foot speed" to take someone off a dribble.

Amos, like Milhouse said things like this would only make Elliott more difficult to defend.

I agree, great court sense, however, he CAN get open shots against any defense. Granted, Fleming and Menifee are not great defenses, but that had nothing to do with him getting shots against them, he got shots against them because he was passed the ball when he was open! When a defense moves to stop a penatrator all it takes is a kick out, or if someone is double teamed, or one more pass to someone who is more open.

Those are only a few ways to get open shots besides having "foot speed" to take someone off a dribble.

Amos, like Milhouse said things like this would only make Elliott more difficult to defend.

I have been to a few of Elliotts games and Maynard gets as many or more passes as any other player when he is in the game, what is your point here, Elliott is doing well, so you Elliott fans should be happy. It appears that Coach Mayes has done a good job in his rearrangement of the team by looking at their record since the rearrangement.

Yes and foot speed also means being able to come off the screen or curl fast enough to leave the defense behind enough to be open when you recieve the pass. Hello World!!!!! Was just trying to help anyway!!!

As for bottom highlight tell your coach not me. I'm just a fan !