Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Carson be spouting off?

Featured Replies

He did it at the end of the season when he stated he wanted to be a part time GM (my words) and now he is doing it again after the latest arrest.

 

On the GM role, I think Carson should get some input but he has no business making the demand in public.

 

On the latest arrest, frankly it is more sabre rattling just like Marvin has been doing and I think he runs a real risk of alienating some of his teammates which he has NO control over in today's NFL. In other words, I think Carson is on real thin ice.

 

Your thoughts?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson's the franchise player, he needs to take a stand.

 

I wouldn't want to play for a team that has 20% of the team getting arrested every year. It has to be distracting when you don't have a clue who's going to be on the field on a week to week basis.

I think it all depends on how they react to it. If they look at is as if he is looking out for them and their best interest, I think it will be OK. If they feel like he is making an example of them and putting them down then it could be bad. I hope they see it as him taking the leadership role on the team and looking out for them.

Palmer has every right to expect a drug free, crime free work place. If my co-workers had the arrest history the Bengals have had this year, especially these types of infractions, I would go to management and demand personel changes. If I didn't see them soon, then I would walk. No one who works hard and follows the rules wants to be w/ a bunch of slackers. "I say keep it up, Carson!" Maybe he'll be able to run the scum off.

Palmer has every right to expect a drug free, crime free work place. If my co-workers had the arrest history the Bengals have had this year, especially these types of infractions, I would go to management and demand personel changes. If I didn't see them soon, then I would walk. No one who works hard and follows the rules wants to be w/ a bunch of slackers. "I say keep it up, Carson!" Maybe he'll be able to run the scum off.

How do you know what your co-workers arrest history is. Just because someone commits a crime it doesm't make them a bad person.

Palmer has every right to expect a drug free, crime free work place. If my co-workers had the arrest history the Bengals have had this year, especially these types of infractions, I would go to management and demand personel changes. If I didn't see them soon, then I would walk. No one who works hard and follows the rules wants to be w/ a bunch of slackers. "I say keep it up, Carson!" Maybe he'll be able to run the scum off.

 

Agreed, he is a team captain and by saying this he is acting like one. He is respecting himself, his teammates who arent behind bars constantly, the city and their fans. I am not a Bengals fan but I would expect by starting QB to be a leader and step up and take a stand.

  • Author

I am not suggesting he shouldn't be an active leader, I am just saying I don't think he should be doing it in the media.

I am not suggesting he shouldn't be an active leader, I am just saying I don't think he should be doing it in the media.

It might be the only way to really get through to them. I find it hard to believe that it hasn't happened in the locker room already.

I don't see a problem with it, the guy could be a potential HOF'er, I think teammates should listen when he speaks.

  • Author

I disagree, Marvin spouts off all the time...

How do you know what your co-workers arrest history is. Just because someone commits a crime it doesm't make them a bad person.

 

Arrest and court records are open to the public. I don't care about past deeds. I am only concerned w/ the present. Maybe someone isn't a bad person, as you say, because they commit a crime. But they are a distraction. Distractions in the workplace cause corporations to loose $. I don't tolerate distractions from my peers or those under me. Upper management, I have no control of. But those on equal or less footing, I have told them to get it together, act like a responsible adult, or leave. That's what the Bengals should do.

I think he has the right, he is I think the face of the franchise and needs to step up...

I am not suggesting he shouldn't be an active leader, I am just saying I don't think he should be doing it in the media.

 

I would think this has already been said in private. If that doesn't work, then take it out and embarass the offender publicly. If we shamed people more often rather than make excuses for them, maybe some of this foolishness would stop.

  • Author
I would think this has already been said in private. If that doesn't work, then take it out and embarass the offender publicly. If we shamed people more often rather than make excuses for them, maybe some of this foolishness would stop.

 

Marvin has tried and failed in this approach. I think it will be the same for Carson because he has no more control (probably less) over the other players than does Marvin and therefore this could just be Carson throwing himself under the bus.

I said it in a previous thread. I personally think the personal commits should be kept in house. However, this is a large problem, and I think Palmer is fed up because this not only reflect on the players who have been arrested but also reflects on the player that have not been arrested, the team, the city, and the league.

 

I do not think the players who have not been arrested will take offense. I think Palmer is probably saying what all of them want to say ( probably saying in private). It would not even surprise me if the Bengal organization asked Palmer to make a statement against the arrests, so the public would have the perception that the organization was taking it seriously without an organization head making the commits.

 

Some posts in another thread have said this is "just a possession charge", and have implied that these arrest are not a big deal, "only a misdemeanor", or not an organization problem. I think these opinions are dangerous and taking a loose stance on this problem. I think the NFL should expect their players to not be arrested, and set an example for children, fans, and all others who come in contact with the league.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.