Open Job: Hopkinsville

• OneAndOnly changed the title to Open Jobs: Hopkinsville
  • theguru changed the title to Open Job: Hopkinsville

Well this leads to speculation about him taking another job (Daviess maybe) or if he is going to move into another teaching or admistrative role. I know a lot of young coaches that have spun their wheels as a young coach and have been ready to move out of coaching at a relatively young age to focus more time to family which is completley understandable. Good luck to Coach Clark in his future!

7 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Well this leads to speculation about him taking another job (Daviess maybe) or if he is going to move into another teaching or administrative role. I know a lot of young coaches that have spun their wheels as a young coach and have been ready to move out of coaching at a relatively young age to focus more time to family which is completely understandable. Good luck to Coach Clark in his future!

I heard several times over from folks around Jefferson County saying that Coach Clark expressed some interest in a few of the JCPS and greater-Louisville jobs that have come open this offseason. Some rumors were going around that Clark was looking to rejoin Coach Wolfe's coaching staff at Male. Then there were other rumors that after Coach Clark confirmed that Christian County Schools had lined up a JCPS head coach to take the Christian County High School head coaching job (the coach later backed out after he realized how much of a soup-sandwich things are down in Christian County Schools), Clark was poised to try to take the JCPS job that would be vacated by the coach who was taking over at Christian County.

You know how when the Titanic sunk it split into two pieces? 

The Hopkinsville and Christian Co. jobs are like opportunities to be the captain of one of those pieces…

33 minutes ago, VF111 said:

You know how when the Titanic sunk it split into two pieces? 

The Hopkinsville and Christian Co. jobs are like opportunities to be the captain of one of those pieces…

Or you look at it as a prime opportunity for someone to gain HC experience because no matter what in two years you’re done. There is no where to go but up for both programs. 

By all accounts Coach Clark is a great guy and quality coach who wasn’t necessary dealt the greatest hand when taking the Hopkinsville gig. 

20 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

...There is no where to go but up for both programs.  

I would argue that this isn't the case. Both teams still had a few players that at least looked like they belonged on the field for Hoptown or CCHS... but that number was WAY down. That is what has been startling about both programs... the overall decline of talent and bodies. If you had combined Hoptown and CCHS last year you still would have struggled to win 6 games. That is an astounding statement to make but I stand by it. 

• Like 2

@VF111 I didn’t even think of that scenario and I have to agree, very difficult to comprehend they would struggle to be .500.

I read in an article that the plans are now onto 2026 for the consolidation, so two seasons possibly 3 or 4 considering we’ve been hearing about this for what seems to be a decade now. Tough situation for anybody, in saying that I do hope they miraculously string together some sort of success before closing one of the oldest public high schools in the state. Best of luck to whoever takes the reigns!

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 5:37 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I heard several times over from folks around Jefferson County saying that Coach Clark expressed some interest in a few of the JCPS and greater-Louisville jobs that have come open this offseason. Some rumors were going around that Clark was looking to rejoin Coach Wolfe's coaching staff at Male. Then there were other rumors that after Coach Clark confirmed that Christian County Schools had lined up a JCPS head coach to take the Christian County High School head coaching job (the coach later backed out after he realized how much of a soup-sandwich things are down in Christian County Schools), Clark was poised to try to take the JCPS job that would be vacated by the coach who was taking over at Christian County.

JCPS guy lined up for Christian Co was Nino White right? Atherton coach?

• 1 month later...