Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whatever happened to...Teams

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

How many of us looked forward to Big (East) Monday on ESPN back in the day?

Big East game at 7, Big 8 game at 9, and a Big West (usually UNLV, New Mexico State, maybe a Loyola Marymount) game after Sportscenter at 11:30!

On 2/13/2024 at 10:22 AM, mcpapa said:

How many of us looked forward to Big (East) Monday on ESPN back in the day?

I went to college outside of Philly in the late 80's early 90's, and lived in Philly until 1997. Always caught a few Big East games in the Spectrum, and a few Big 5 (Lasalle, St Joe's, 'Nova, Temple and Penn+Drexel). I lived only 10 minutes from Lasalle, and used to catch games at the Palestra. Which while all of those teams had good runs, Temple was always good under John Chaney, and that would be my "Whatever Happened to.... team.

3 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I went to college outside of Philly in the late 80's early 90's, and lived in Philly until 1997. Always caught a few Big East games in the Spectrum, and a few Big 5 (Lasalle, St Joe's, 'Nova, Temple and Penn+Drexel). I lived only 10 minutes from Lasalle, and used to catch games at the Palestra. Which while all of those teams had good runs, Temple was always good under John Chaney, and that would be my "Whatever Happened to.... team.

I have a great John Chaney story, but it takes some time to tell. 

14 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I went to college outside of Philly in the late 80's early 90's, and lived in Philly until 1997. Always caught a few Big East games in the Spectrum, and a few Big 5 (Lasalle, St Joe's, 'Nova, Temple and Penn+Drexel). I lived only 10 minutes from Lasalle, and used to catch games at the Palestra. Which while all of those teams had good runs, Temple was always good under John Chaney, and that would be my "Whatever Happened to.... team.

I've never been there, but I always thought the Palestra was the coolest arena.

image.thumb.png.bd0e9a873d6703262a75dc1daf0ee4ba.png

1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

I've never been there, but I always thought the Palestra was the coolest arena.

image.thumb.png.bd0e9a873d6703262a75dc1daf0ee4ba.png

It’s a very cool place and the atmosphere for a big 5 game was always unbelievable. Great place to see a college basketball game. Lasalle’s and St Joes arenas were pretty cool too.

I'm almost tempted to say Cincinnati post-Huggins. From 91-05 they were Cincinnati's team (more so than either of the professional teams) and were nationally known and respected. The level of talent that came thru UC during that era hasn't been matched since.

They had a couple good teams under Cronin, but nothing close to what Huggins had. I like Miller and think he may be able to make them a tourney team again, hopefully consistently, but I'm not sure the ceiling is going to be much higher than that. People will mention the Big 12, but I am of the belief that the basketball program is not the reason they are in that league. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.