Whitefield Academy

Okay, I need a little help from the Louisville crew please.  

The KHSAA's girls basketball page for W.A. has them in Region 6 and District 24.  

However, it also has them playing the in the 7th Region All A Tournament.  

Please help.  😊

When the KHSAA realigned the regions back in 2005, the All A didn't necessarily follow suit. I think it had to do with keeping a balance of the number of teams in Louisville (they didn't want one region with 10 teams and another with 2). And they've never changed it back.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

When the KHSAA realigned the regions back in 2005, the All A didn't necessarily follow suit. I think it had to do with keeping a balance of the number of teams in Louisville (they didn't want one region with 10 teams and another with 2). And they've never changed it back.

Got it.  Seems odd, but certainly benefits Whitefield.  

I can't believe I've never noticed that before.  

The above is correct from one of our resident BGP historians. Presentation, Shawnee, and Portland Christian were previously in the 6th too, and still playing in the 6th All 'A' this year, though now in the 7th. 

The mid '00s realignment statewide was substantial, eg, it's why we now have three KCPS schools in three different Regions.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

I don’t know if they could hang with C HC assuming they get to All A.

If Covington Holy Cross isn't playing on Saturday in Corbin in the All A Classic State Championship Game, I will be all kinds of shocked.

4 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

The above is correct from one of our resident BGP historians. Presentation, Shawnee, and Portland Christian were previously in the 6th too, and still playing in the 6th All 'A' this year, though now in the 7th. 

The mid '00s realignment statewide was substantial, eg, it's why we now have three KCPS schools in three different Regions.

this will NEVER make sense to me...however we do love having the Scott Eagles in the 10th.  Good folks all around. 

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

You think they can beat Mercy?  

They have already beaten Bullitt East. Only have to beat one of Mercy/BE to make region.

Sixth Region is certainly wide open this year 

• Like 1