Shelby Co. 71 Gallatin Co. 65 OT

I also thought the game was called pretty good. Both sides had a call or two that they could fuss about but when doesn't that happen. The call at the end of regulation and the kid slamming the ball and getting in the refs face was a little strange. I've never seen a ref take that in your face abuse for that long. I guess they were all watching the clock and not the game after all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade got in early foul trouble in this game. As a matter of fact two of Shelby's three post men were tagged with two fouls three minutes into the game. This proved to be a big factor because they were not their to contest the shots in the paint for Gallatin. When Wade was in the game he changed the game on defense because he was able to challenge the shots around the basket. They didn't really need him to score because Chambers had his way on the inside. Man he is big and strong. I still can't believe the little guard from Gallatin tried to stop that dunk!

And yes it was one heck of an effort by Gallatin. I just feel bad for them because this was supposed to be the game that showed they were legitimate contenders. They played, what can be aruged, their best game all year and still came up short. Despite the "moral victory" it is still going to be in those kids' minds that they just can't get over the hump against the top 8th region schools. I hope they can bounce back from that loss a make a run for the class A crown.

Congrats to Gallatin on a very tough game. I for one didnt expect this as I thought Shelby had too many pure athletes and too much size. Sounds like Edmonson is really having a good year down there.

Can anyone tell me who Gallatin has in their frontcourt and the size of the kids?

I also thought the game was called pretty good. Both sides had a call or two that they could fuss about but when doesn't that happen. The call at the end of regulation and the kid slamming the ball and getting in the refs face was a little strange. I've never seen a ref take that in your face abuse for that long. I guess they were all watching the clock and not the game after all.

I know onw was watching Chambers dunnk and not what was going on at the other end on the floor.

The refs where questinable in Gallatin Co. no I just don't belive it!!! ha ha. This was a good game for Gallatin and it proves they are one of the top five teams in the region and have a shot at winning it. Wondering if Wade is overrated because I see alot of people put him on there list as a top player but I have never been impressed with him. Good at blocking shots but who isin't when you are that tall.

Congrats to Gallatin on a very tough game. I for one didnt expect this as I thought Shelby had too many pure athletes and too much size. Sounds like Edmonson is really having a good year down there.

Can anyone tell me who Gallatin has in their frontcourt and the size of the kids?

GC does not have anyone on their roster over 6-2 or 6-3. GC does not match Shelby's athleticism or size, not even close. On the other hand, GC is a much smarter team and very well coached. Coach Jones may be the best coach you've never heard of.

The refs where questinable in Gallatin Co. no I just don't belive it!!! ha ha. This was a good game for Gallatin and it proves they are one of the top five teams in the region and have a shot at winning it. Wondering if Wade is overrated because I see alot of people put him on there list as a top player but I have never been impressed with him. Good at blocking shots but who isin't when you are that tall.
Keep in mind that when everyone sings Wade's praises, they are praising his size, athletic ability, and potential. He changes the game defensively. Offensively he is not and never has been very good. He had 4 points last night, both buckets were dunks.

And yes it was one heck of an effort by Gallatin. I just feel bad for them because this was supposed to be the game that showed they were legitimate contenders. They played, what can be aruged, their best game all year and still came up short. Despite the "moral victory" it is still going to be in those kids' minds that they just can't get over the hump against the top 8th region schools. I hope they can bounce back from that loss a make a run for the class A crown.

Personally I think the Gallatin kids are going to destroy these weaker teams in the Class A Regionals. As for getting over the hump, they are over it. You think that there is any other 8th region class A school that could have played with Shelby like they did? Your dreaming. :flame:

Somehow, Spilly, I get the impression that you think all refs are questionable! Just remember that the coach at any school has little input on who refs a game. It is assigned from the region office. I think a coach can scratch maybe 2 officials from his games at home during any one season.

Somehow, Spilly, I get the impression that you think all refs are questionable! Just remember that the coach at any school has little input on who refs a game. It is assigned from the region office. I think a coach can scratch maybe 2 officials from his games at home during any one season.

That is true unless a game has to be moved for some reason such as a school being under construction and no parking. Then the home team has there choice of refs they would like to use.

Gallatin had a five minute stretch in the second, and a five minute stretch in the third where they didnt score... Gallatin still did not play their best game... I am not sure when it will come but it is going to be soon, maybe during the all A; I would watch out. If Gallatin could put together 32 minutes of solid basketball nobody in the eigth region will play with them. Good luck GC in the all A

After talking to some of the Gallatin players they have clear minds now. Some of them went into the game thinking that they were out of their league as a team and as a player. After the game although disappointed about lossing they had a whole new air about theirselfs. They now believe that they can play with and against players that once though were on a different level.