Shelby Co. 71 Gallatin Co. 65 OT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby looked like they were feeling the affects of their game the night before. When they opened the game I think they turned it over four or five straight times. Gallatin played a great game and almost, on a bad call, had a chance to win it in regulation. Gallatin showed they are a good basketball team but failed to capture the victory on a night when Shelby was not very sharp.

My wish is.... Gallatin and Owen in the finals of the Class 'A'. Why? Because one of them will win and that team has the best chance of representing the 8th in the State.

When you say " state " you do mean the all A state championship right?

Shelby looked like they were feeling the affects of their game the night before. When they opened the game I think they turned it over four or five straight times. Gallatin played a great game and almost, on a bad call, had a chance to win it in regulation. Gallatin showed they are a good basketball team but failed to capture the victory on a night when Shelby was not very sharp.

Ypu are correct. The foul on Cochran was a questionable call. However, he should have been assessed a technical foul for mouthing to the official and slamming the ball 20 feet in the air.

The Wildcats should have had 2 more FT. The official put his whistle in his mouth to call it, but evidently must have swallowed it.

Anyone have any stats? As good a job as the cats did on Chambers he still had to have had a pretty good game.

Scoring by Quarter:

Shelby Co: 18 8 16 15 14(OT) - 71

Gallatin Co: 18 10 7 22 8(OT) - 65

Individual Scoring:

Gallatin Co:

Nate Edmondson - 19

Cody Perkins - 13

Jared Carlton - 9

Trent Maddox - 11

Scott Brown - 6

J.R. Davis - 4

Taylor Jones - 2

David Henson - 1

Shelby Co:

Israel Chambers - 25

Joel Cochran - 19

Tim Sanford - 7

Alex Matthews - 7

Coty Minnis - 7

Eugene Wade - 4

Orrie Carter - 2

Gallatin Co: 20/28 from free throw line

Shelby Co: 15/23 from free throw line

Gallatin Co: 5 three pointers

Nate Edmondson-2

Scott Brown-2

Cody Perkins-1

Shelby Co: 3 three pointers

Tim Sanford-1

Joel Cochran-1

Alex Matthews-1

Ypu are correct. The foul on Cochran was a questionable call. However, he should have been assessed a technical foul for mouthing to the official and slamming the ball 20 feet in the air.

The Wildcats should have had 2 more FT. The official put his whistle in his mouth to call it, but evidently must have swallowed it.

The referees that were there were the 2 of the same three that handed Owen County girls the game against Gallatin Co. at Carroll Co. on Friday night.

They are awful.

The officiating was questionable at times during the game but for the most part it wasn't an issue. The only time it became an issue is exactly when Mack mentioned. I could not believe the official did not give the kid from Shelby a "T" especially when the same guy had already given a "T" to Wade for something a great deal less. What was even more confusing was the way all three officials took a fair amount of time to conference after the call and ending up putting .1 seconds of more time on the clock? .2 to .3? Again great basketball game. By the way I was sitting on the Gallatin side so I could take in the excitement from the home fans. GOOD SUPPORTERS!!! And yes it was a group of kids from Owen providing the student section for Shelby. A few even wore the Owen County b-ball shirts!