College Football Playoff: Top 25 (11/7/23)

16thBBall Fan

1. Ohio State (9-0) NC

2. Georgia (9-0) NC

3. Michigan (9-0) NC

4. Florida State (9-0) NC

5. Washington (9-0) NC

6. Oregon (8-1) NC

7. Texas (8-1) NC

8. Alabama (8-1) NC

9. Ole Miss (8-1) Up 1

10. Penn State (8-1) Up 1

11. Louisville (8-1) Up 2

12. Oregon State (7-2) Up 4

13. Tennessee (7-2) Up 4

14. Missouri (7-2) Down 2

15. Oklahoma State (7-2) Up 7

16. Kansas (7-2) Up 5

17. Oklahoma (7-2) Down 8

18. Utah (7-2) NC

19. LSU (6-3) Down 6

20. Notre Dame (7-3) Down 5

21. Arizona (6-3) NR

22. Iowa (7-2) NR

23. Tulane (8-1) Up 1

24. North Carolina (7-2) NR

25. Kansas State (6-3) Down 2

* 3 teams dropped out of top 25 were: UCLA, USC, and Air Force

Anybody who thought Louisville would be #11 at this point in the season is lying.  😀

I really think Brohm has to be considered for National Coach of the Year IF they can win 2 of the last 3 games.

Thursday vs Virginia has to be a win.  Miami while not elite will cause them problems at Miami and UK is still an SEC team which is levels above ACC football competition.  I would love to see them get to the ACC championship game and get into the "one shot" at FSU.  If FSU is undefeated they would be vulnerable I believe.

• Like 4

Week 9 questions.

This would be easy.

1. Winner on OSU/UM is in barring a choke in B1G title game. Loser is out.

2. Washington wins out they get in.

3. Georgia is in if they win out. 

4. Florida State wins out they are in. 

This would be a mess.

1. OSU/UM winner.

(Pick 3)

ACC Champ Louisville 1 loss

SEC Champ Alabama 1 loss

Big 12 Champ Texas 1 loss

PAC Champ Oregon 1 loss 

OSU/UM loser with 1 loss

Washington with 1 loss

Georgia with 1 loss

Florida State 1 loss.

This will be fun to watch play out!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Well, for starters they didn't finish last year in the top twenty five.

But if you're saying that from a madden curse/Simon Kenton kind of thought process, I get that with you being a UL fan.

Don’t insult me…

Do you mean did I think they would be ranked pre-season? No, but it wasn’t a ridiculous thought either. Based on their results this season, I absolutely think they should be ranked. 

Just FYI, Louisville was receiving votes for the Top 25 in the final AP poll of 2022…

You don’t think an 8-1 (5-1) ACC team should be ranked in the Top 25? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Don’t insult me…

Do you mean did I think they would be ranked pre-season? No, but it wasn’t a ridiculous thought either. Based on their results this season, I absolutely think they should be ranked. 

Just FYI, Louisville was receiving votes for the Top 25 in the final AP poll of 2022…

You don’t think an 8-1 (5-1) ACC team should be ranked in the Top 25? 

No insult intended. Just wondering if that was a lotal fan speaking and supporting their team.

I thought the thread was about pre season expectations versus where teams are now. I don't think people before the season thought UL could get this high in the top 25.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

No insult intended. Just wondering if that was a lotal fan speaking and supporting their team.

I thought the thread was about pre season expectations versus where teams are now. I don't think people before the season thought UL could get this high in the top 25.

Getting this high and being in the Top 25 are two completely different conversions.

I absolutely thought UofL COULD get ranked at some point this season. Favorable schedule and bringing Brohm in. Being ranked this high? Nah. I don’t think you’d find a reasonable Louisville fan that could have expected to be fringe Top 10 at any point this season.

I think they are ranked too high. I’d say they are 20-25 probably, Top 15 at best. 

On 11/8/2023 at 10:28 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Not to take sides but this thread is about this week's playoff rankings and thoughts on those going forward. It's not about and no one mentioned preseason anything.

• Like 1