Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings 9/25

Featured Replies

Class 3A

1. Christian Academy-Louisville at Larue County

2. Lexington Catholic -- OPEN

3. Central at Elizabethtown

4. Bell County vs. Rockcastle County

5. Lloyd Memorial -- OPEN

6. Belfry vs. Lawrence County

7. Union County at Trigg County

8. Hart County vs. Adair County

9. Franklin-Simpson at #10 Glasgow

10. Glasgow vs. #9 Franklin-Simpson

Obviously the Franklin-Simpson/Glasgow game is big, but I’m intrigued by three games pitting ranked teams against those just off the board. I think Bell/Rockcastle, Belfry/Lawrence, and Hart/Adair may all be won by the ranked teams but it will be interesting to see if there are any upsets or even close games. There are several solid clubs just off the top ten in Class 3A. 

17 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Obviously the Franklin-Simpson/Glasgow game is big, but I’m intrigued by three games pitting ranked teams against those just off the board. I think Bell/Rockcastle, Belfry/Lawrence, and Hart/Adair may all be won by the ranked teams but it will be interesting to see if there are any upsets or even close games. There are several solid clubs just off the top ten in Class 3A. 

I agree. 3A has a lot of teams outside the top 10 that can make things interesting. 

Mercer at 5-1 maybe? (6th in CalPreps)

On 9/27/2023 at 8:24 AM, Brown said:

Mercer at 5-1 maybe? (6th in CalPreps)

I think Mercer likes flying under the radar.  Everyone talks about how deep and good 4A is and with good reason.  Mercer beat Taylor who is a top 10 ranked team in 4A but Mercer is not good enough to be ranked in 3A.  All rankings are meaningless outside of RPI which has Mercer at ranked 4th and they should win out the rest of their regular season games. 

On 9/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Obviously the Franklin-Simpson/Glasgow game is big, but I’m intrigued by three games pitting ranked teams against those just off the board. I think Bell/Rockcastle, Belfry/Lawrence, and Hart/Adair may all be won by the ranked teams but it will be interesting to see if there are any upsets or even close games. There are several solid clubs just off the top ten in Class 3A. 

I have to say the Belfry/Lawerence County game does intrigue me.  

6 hours ago, titan101 said:

I think Mercer likes flying under the radar.  Everyone talks about how deep and good 4A is and with good reason.  Mercer beat Taylor who is a top 10 ranked team in 4A but Mercer is not good enough to be ranked in 3A.  All rankings are meaningless outside of RPI which has Mercer at ranked 4th and they should win out the rest of their regular season games. 

I have no ties to Mercer.  I don’t think I’ve ever stepped foot in Mercer county.  Driven through on the bluegrass.  Yeast great coach and great job.

7 hours ago, titan101 said:

I think Mercer likes flying under the radar.  Everyone talks about how deep and good 4A is and with good reason.  Mercer beat Taylor who is a top 10 ranked team in 4A but Mercer is not good enough to be ranked in 3A. All rankings are meaningless outside of RPI which has Mercer at ranked 4th and they should win out the rest of their regular season games. All rankings are meaningless outside of RPI which has Mercer at ranked 4th and they should win out the rest of their regular season games. 

This opinion places you in a very select minority. 

Go Titans!

3 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

This opinion places you in a very select minority. 

Go Titans!

It’s the only ranking that has a meaning come playoff time.  I don’t think BGP rankings ever helped seeding in the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, titan101 said:

It’s the only ranking that has a meaning come playoff time.  I don’t think BGP rankings ever helped seeding in the playoffs. 

Agreed. I think Mercer has been right outside the top ten all season. The problem is to this point, Class 3A has been pretty chalky from 4-10, while almost everyone believes the brutal schedules played by Lexington Catholic and Central have bought them some grace at the top. I'm sure the rankings will change next week after Rockcastle beat Bell and Franklin-Simpson beat Glasgow.

I feel a shakeup coming in 3A now 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.