2023 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages (11/18)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 6:56 PM, Nkybballfan23 said:

8th region is wide open this year! 

Let’s not get carried away. SK is the biggest school in the region I believe, and some years struggle to get out of district. They are in the I’ll believe it when I see it section. They underperform almost every year!

15 minutes ago, GoBucks97 said:

Let’s not get carried away. SK is the biggest school in the region I believe, and some years struggle to get out of district. They are in the I’ll believe it when I see it section. They underperform almost every year!

Oh I agree. I definitely don’t think they’ll win it and not even 100% sure if they’ll make it out of the district this year. They always tend to hit their peak mid season then fizzle out come postseason time. My point was the 8th region seems to be a bit down compared to other years.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:49 AM, Nkybballfan23 said:

Oh I agree. I definitely don’t think they’ll win it and not even 100% sure if they’ll make it out of the district this year. They always tend to hit their peak mid season then fizzle out come postseason time. My point was the 8th region seems to be a bit down compared to other years.

Ahh I see, don’t know much about the 8th this coming year so I can’t really comment on it. Was simply just saying I’ll believe it when I see it with Steiner.

1 hour ago, GoBucks97 said:

Ahh I see, don’t know much about the 8th this coming year so I can’t really comment on it. Was simply just saying I’ll believe it when I see it with Steiner.

If I had to make a pick to win I’ll say Woodford goes back to back. And I 100% agree about Steiner, he’s been coaching for a very long time and has had no real success in the post season.

4 hours ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

If I had to make a pick to win I’ll say Woodford goes back to back. And I 100% agree about Steiner, he’s been coaching for a very long time and has had no real success in the post season.

I believe Woodford lost to many horses to repeat, at this early point I'll give the nod to Oldham County.

On 10/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

It will be interesting to see how good SK is with Bilton, Krohman, Polley and 6'7 Stone!

They are playing a South Laurel team with a couple of D1 prospects and a lot of younger inexperienced players, but are consistently among the better teams in the 13th. Whoever 6'7 Stone is will have work to do against Souths Big man, should be a good game for both teams to see what they need to work on.

• Like 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to 2023 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages (Nov 18)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • theguru changed the title to 2023 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages (11/18)

27-24 Cov. Cath. at the half. Couple of quick notes:

- Athens will have games where He hits 8-10 3’s as he is lights out from deep.

- Caleb Miller can take over games.

- Athens is gonna be a problem on D.

- Our D is getting beat off the dribble way too much and we are struggling to defend the 3.

- Hussey is trying to do too much and needs to let the game come to him like the last 2 years.

- We are struggling to dribble drive or hit the short range jumper outside of Athens who is clearly our best player right now.

- We should be up by more as our normal intensity is not there.

I am beyond anxious to see what Cash can do once injected into this lineup.  He and Athens even as sophomores are going to be dangerous.