Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oden or Durant?

Best Fresman 86 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Fresman

    • Oden
      29%
      25
    • Durrant
      70%
      61

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

You fell in love over one game. A game his TEAM lost at that. I watched the entire body of work. I'll stick with my observations over your talking points...

 

 

 

How many times do I have to tell you it wasn't just one game.....

 

My points are all valid and I'm getting them out of articles written by scouts and reporters. You have a man crush on Durant and I really can't figure out why you don't like Oden.

  • Replies 207
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kwame Brown had a lot of the same said about him a few years back. He's owning the league now. Wait...

How many times do I have to tell you it wasn't just one game.....

 

My points are all valid and I'm getting them out of articles written by scouts and reporters. You have a man crush on Durant and I really can't figure out why you don't like Oden.

I don't like Oden as the next truly dominant C in the NBA because I watched a majority of his games and don't see him as an elite player at the next level. I keep saying the same thing, and you keep coming back with jibberish talking points spewed by the national media. I know their stance and don't need you to remind me...

The only reason to draft Durant is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

A GM wanting to fill seats and sell jerseys...................

 

 

Oden didn't have to carry OSU this year. They were talented.

 

I also think Durant will have more of an immidiate impact than Oden. Oden has to learn to guard guys out on the court.

Oden didn't have to carry OSU this year. They were talented.

:lol:

 

If he's as good as you say he is, that is a joke of a statement. He didn't have to carry his team because for a large majority of the season he WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH to do so...

I don't like Oden as the next truly dominant C in the NBA because I watched a majority of his games and don't see him as an elite player at the next level. I keep saying the same thing, and you keep coming back with jibberish talking points spewed by the national media. I know their stance and don't need you to remind me...

 

 

Come to insults when losing an arguement.........Good move!!!

 

Jibberish= Wikipedia defines jibberish as........7 feet 280 pound man with a 33 inch vertical. Played with torn ligaments through 8 games in high school to win a state championship. Was the best player in the National Championship game BY FAR. Came back a month early from rehab and played opposite handed and was still very good. Has hooks from both sides, a great spin move, and a good drop step(you really watched him and didn't see that!!!!!) and finally jibberish is that EVERY single big man outside of Patrick Ewing has a ring.......

:lol:

 

If he's as good as you say he is, that is a joke of a statement. He didn't have to carry his team because for a large majority of the season he WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH to do so...

 

 

Maybe it was because he was playing left-handed.

Maybe it was because he was playing left-handed.

He shot FTs left handed, but had full use of his right in every other aspect by game 10...

Here's what we know about Oden at this point. Again.

 

1. He CAN dominate, but doesn't do it consistently.

2. He fouls too much.

3. He lacks energy and effort at least half of the time.

4. He has ONE offensive move.

5. When he shines his teammates don't perform to their talent level.

6. When he sits they all get better.

7. Last night was the first time he played hard for a full game.

 

 

It's funny but I'm now on the opposite side of the Oden/Conley debate as I was at this time last year. Conley is the better player of the two right now...

 

I'm not sure he was playing that hard on the defensive end for some parts of the game...:lol:

Doesn't sound like a very fast healer to me if it took him half the season to get over a high school injury.

Kwame Brown had a lot of the same said about him a few years back. He's owning the league now. Wait...

 

GT...as you used to say to me...you're better than that...it's absurd to even compare Kwame Brown to Greg Oden...

Doesn't sound like a very fast healer to me if it took him half the season to get over a high school injury.

 

 

He was supposed to be out a month longer. He hurt it and played 8 games with it. Then he played in 2 exhibition games with it.

He shot FTs left handed, but had full use of his right in every other aspect by game 10...

 

 

If you can't shoot free throws with your shooting hand then you don't have 100% use of it anywhere on the court.

:lol:

 

If he's as good as you say he is, that is a joke of a statement. He didn't have to carry his team because for a large majority of the season he WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH to do so...

 

 

Hurt, young, and the team was good. Why would he try to dominate? He's a team player. Did you notice how Shaq "got better" when his team needed him to this year? It wasn't because he wasn't good enough earlier, it's because Wade's 30 points a game was gone.

 

13-7 without Wade. More touches for the big man means more wins. 39 and 34 overall....... Everyone said last year that it was Wade, not Shaq, but Shaq opens it up. I've played a LOT of basketball and having a big guy in the middle makes a world of difference.

 

When Oden was asked to step up (second half GT, second half Memphis, Finals) he did and he stepped up in a pretty big way.

It's funny but I'm now on the opposite side of the Oden/Conley debate as I was at this time last year. Conley is the better player of the two right now...

 

I agree. I believe that without Conley, OSU is at home after the X game and definitely the Tennessee game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.