Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oden or Durant?

Best Fresman 86 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Fresman

    • Oden
      29%
      25
    • Durrant
      70%
      61

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Oden's low post game is very very limited. He is a really good athlete, but he needs more than dunks in his repetoire.

  • Replies 207
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oden's low post game is very very limited. He is a really good athlete, but he needs more than dunks in his repetoire.

 

 

I can't understand how the big man's spin and hook are getting overlooked. He is so quick to the basket on that spin it's absurd.

I agree. I believe that without Conley, OSU is at home after the X game and definitely the Tennessee game.

 

 

Conley was the second best point guard on the court last night and Oden was by far the best player. Guard play wins in college and centers win rings int he NBA.

I can't understand how the big man's spin and hook are getting overlooked. He is so quick to the basket on that spin it's absurd.

 

Me either, he had 25 points last night...I don't know how many dunks he had, I can remember 3, so I figured he didn't have over 5 or 6...I'm wondering how he got the rest of those points...:confused:

 

Maybe he had 10 dunks and 5 FT's, or 11 dunks and 3 FT's...I don't know...

Here's what we know about Oden at this point. Again.

 

1. He CAN dominate, but doesn't do it consistently.

2. He fouls too much.

3. He lacks energy and effort at least half of the time.

4. He has ONE offensive move.

5. When he shines his teammates don't perform to their talent level.

6. When he sits they all get better.

7. Last night was the first time he played hard for a full game.

 

 

It's funny but I'm now on the opposite side of the Oden/Conley debate as I was at this time last year. Conley is the better player of the two right now...

 

I really can't see that. The Durant-Oden debate is fine...Durant was definitely the better player this year in college, but there is plenty of reason, from watching Oden in college, to think he will be a better pro, IMO. So, I can see either side of that argument.

 

But, to argue that Conley is better than Oden...that would be a tough point to make...

Me either, he had 25 points last night...I don't know how many dunks he had, I can remember 3, so I figured he didn't have over 5 or 6...I'm wondering how he got the rest of those points...:confused:

 

Maybe he had 10 dunks and 5 FT's, or 11 dunks and 3 FT's...I don't know...

 

 

A drop step hesitation, go strong is very effective if you're seven feet tall, quick, and explosive. He was beating Horford and Noah and Richard not only with his speed, but also with his strength.

I really can't see that. The Durant-Oden debate is fine...Durant was definitely the better player this year in college, but there is plenty of reason, from watching Oden in college, to think he will be a better pro, IMO. So, I can see either side of that argument.

 

But, to argue that Conley is better than Oden...that would be a tough point to make...

 

 

Especially after Conley got outplayed bad by Green and Brewer ALL NIGHT long. That's the best backcourt he's faced and he struggled. Oden didn't struggle against the best front court.

I really can't see that. The Durant-Oden debate is fine...Durant was definitely the better player this year in college, but there is plenty of reason, from watching Oden in college, to think he will be a better pro, IMO. So, I can see either side of that argument.

 

But, to argue that Conley is better than Oden...that would be a tough point to make...

In their first 4 tournament games Conley was clearly better, and was fantastic when Chief was riding pine. Without his play the Buckeyes went home a lot earlier...

In their first 4 tournament games Conley was clearly better, and was fantastic when Chief was riding pine. Without his play the Buckeyes went home a lot earlier...

 

Is that it?

 

Bobby Perry played great in his last few games...was he UK's best player?

 

No way Conley is better than Oden.

Is that it?

 

Bobby Perry played great in his last few games...was he UK's best player?

 

No way Conley is better than Oden.

 

 

:laugh:

 

HAHA

 

Conley is a VERY good point guard, and the college game is typically dominated by guard play, but Oden and Conley aren't on the same level when talking about the NBA. Conley is a dime a dozen and Oden comes along once every 10-15 years.

And I thought my man crush on Durant was bad. Now Oden is a "once in a generation" player? Rich... :lol:

In their first 4 tournament games Conley was clearly better, and was fantastic when Chief was riding pine. Without his play the Buckeyes went home a lot earlier...

 

 

Ok without Oden do they still go home earlier. Surely they would have lost several games through that winning streak and there is no chance they get as high a seed without Oden.

Ok without Oden do they still go home earlier. Surely they would have lost several games through that winning streak and there is no chance they get as high a seed without Oden.

Remind me where they were rated before he returned...

And I thought my man crush on Durant was bad. Now Oden is a "once in a generation" player? Rich... :lol:

 

 

Why couldn't he be??? There's been nobody in college basketball that even compares at the 5 since Duncan. Before that there hasn't been anyone since Shaq, before that Ewing.......

 

Why is that a reach?????????? Did you watch him this year at all? He's got every single tool, great heart, great moves, unlimited potential, and freakish athleticism. Since when has that not been the recipe for success in an NBA center?

 

The last highly touted "scorer" that couldn't miss (ALA Durant). Freakish skills, body, the college numbers, and a scorers mentality........ Who was it? He missed. He was 1 overall and never lived up.

Remind me where they were rated before he returned...

 

 

January is a great determining factor for a team...... Remind me where they finished with him......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.