Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oden or Durant?

Best Fresman 86 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Fresman

    • Oden
      29%
      25
    • Durrant
      70%
      61

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Why is that a reach?????????? Did you watch him this year at all? He's got every single tool, great heart, great moves, unlimited potential, and freakish athleticism. Since when has that not been the recipe for success in an NBA center?

It's more clear with every post you didn't watch him much this season. He was more often than not disinterested, in foul trouble and a liability on offense. I watched 20+ games for each Durant and Oden and I'm giving my opinion. My guess is you saw each maybe 5 times before the tournament...

  • Replies 207
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
January is a great determining factor for a team...... Remind me where they finished with him......

The last three wins were with Oden on the pine just as much as he was on the floor. When he went out against X with 5 fouls his team blew up. Foul trouble against UT? Big deficit and a charge back with him on the bench. He did have a good 2nd half against Georgetown and the best game of his career last night. 3 halves of basketball does not make a player the next hall of fame big man...

It's more clear with every post you didn't watch him much this season. He was more often than not disinterested, in foul trouble and a liability on offense. I watched 20+ games for each Durant and Oden and I'm giving my opinion. My guess is you saw each maybe 5 times before the tournament...

 

 

Other than....."I've watched them more" you've made zero points. I've watched him way more than that, more than I've seen Durant, and I can't find anyone or anything anywhere calling him lazy. He's developing yes so he struggled some. Not that much. The foul trouble I give you, but often big guys get into foul trouble early in their careers. When Oden bumps a college player that player moves resulting in a foul. He was punished for being bigger, stronger, and more physically gifted than others in college basketball. Against Horford and Noah who physically match up better he didn't get ANY cheap foul calls.

 

Look at the past centers who have struggled with foul trouble.

The last three wins were with Oden on the pine just as much as he was on the floor. When he went out against X with 5 fouls his team blew up. Foul trouble against UT? Big deficit and a charge back with him on the bench. He did have a good 2nd half against Georgetown and the best game of his career last night. 3 halves of basketball does not make a player the next hall of fame big man...

 

 

Ok how about Memphis......... How About Florida?????????? How about the teams that look more like NBA guys????????????

 

5 up with him against Memphis and 5 down without him. Tehn he returned and dominated. How about dominating 2 lottery picks (3 counting Hibbard) in the final 4? If you don't see potential mixed with talent mixed with freakish size and athleticism you're watching someone else. If he "fails" he plays in the league for 15 years. College basketball is guard dominated and has been for a LONG TIME!!!! The NBA isn't.

Again.... a pointless point.

 

Unless you think Durant will win a championship I'm not sure what the arguement is about. Who has a better chance of winning rings like every other great center, and who will sell jerseys like every great swingman.

How is it a pointless point? I wasn't arguing anything, I was merely informing you of something you obviously didn't know. My apologies sir.

Ok how about Memphis......... How About Florida?????????? How about the teams that look more like NBA guys????????????

 

5 up with him against Memphis and 5 down without him. Tehn he returned and dominated. How about dominating 2 lottery picks (3 counting Hibbard) in the final 4? If you don't see potential mixed with talent mixed with freakish size and athleticism you're watching someone else. If he "fails" he plays in the league for 15 years. College basketball is guard dominated and has been for a LONG TIME!!!! The NBA isn't.

Hibbert.:p

Come on HT, that is a pointless point... :rolleyes:

If you are trying to make a point you have to spell it right first. I am a horrible speller thank god for Internet spell checker.:D

If you are trying to make a point you have to spell it right first. I am a horrible speller thank god for Internet spell checker.:D

I'll second that, I use Firefox and it has a spell check built into the browser. It's a life saver.

Durant being 18 and Oden is 19 and there isn't any difference. It's a pointless point. If I call someone 18 or 19 there is no (significant) difference.

 

Melo did what Durant did several years ago and did it better. He carried his team to and through the NCAA Final 4. Durant didn't and neither did Oden. Being the best freshman in college basketball has nothing to do with who will be better in the NBA.

Hibbert.:p

 

 

I have no idea where Hibbard came from...

Durant being 18 and Oden is 19 and there isn't any difference. It's a pointless point. If I call someone 18 or 19 there is no (significant) difference.

 

Melo did what Durant did several years ago and did it better. He carried his team to and through the NCAA Final 4. Durant didn't and neither did Oden. Being the best freshman in college basketball has nothing to do with who will be better in the NBA.

Durant was the best player in the NCAA by a large margin regardless of class. Every major player of the year vote agrees...

Durant was the best player in the NCAA by a large margin regardless of class. Every major player of the year vote agrees...

 

I agree.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.