April 3, 200719 yr :lol: I think you've set the record for most question marks in a thread. Do you just chug a bunch a coffee and say hey, I think I'll go post on BGP before I crash?
April 3, 200719 yr How many times a game do either get the ball with their back to the basket? Very little, because the other big men can't do anything about it when they play the whole court.
April 3, 200719 yr I'm not willing to forget what I saw against Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin and so on. One or two big games does not make him the next great one. Simple as that. He had the best game of his career tonight. How much did his team win by??? How many open shots did he open up? Seriously if I had shot all the threes for OSU they would have won. Di you watch the game? 4-24 from 3....... put it on Oden..... 2 lottery picks and the 6th man of the year who happens to be a 275 pound senior hatchet man........ How was Durrant tonight?
April 3, 200719 yr I'm not willing to forget what I saw against Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin and so on. One or two big games does not make him the next great one. Simple as that. He had the best game of his career tonight. How much did his team win by??? Best post yet.
April 3, 200719 yr :lol: I think you've set the record for most question marks in a thread. Do you just chug a bunch a coffee and say hey, I think I'll go post on BGP before I crash? And nobody bothers to answer questions, they'd rather just assume a swing man has more value because they like his dunks on Sportscenter. Ewing????? GT How many swing men have been busts?????????????
April 3, 200719 yr And nobody bothers to answer questions, they'd rather just assume a swing man has more value because they like his dunks on Sportscenter. Ewing????? GT How many swing men have been busts????????????? No more than the centers.
April 3, 200719 yr Best post yet. Because it agrees with your opinion that is based on........ What???? Why will Durrant be better? He didn't carry anyone to the finals ala Anthony, he didn't play his best game ever in the biggest game of his career ala Anthony and Oden.
April 3, 200719 yr GT How many swing men have been busts????????????? Maybe as many that have busted at C. Think about it. There are a ton of Durant style guys at the top of the game now. In the middle? Not so much...
April 3, 200719 yr No more than the centers. Way more......... Want to know why????????? There are WAY more swingmen.
April 3, 200719 yr Because it agrees with your opinion that is based on........ What???? Why will Durrant be better? He didn't carry anyone to the finals ala Anthony, he didn't play his best game ever in the biggest game of his career ala Anthony and Oden. Have you seen his averages for the season? Plus that Syracuse team was TONS better than Texas was this year, one man can only do so much. Oden certainly did not carry OSU to the finals and when he does show up they lose...
April 3, 200719 yr Way more......... Want to know why????????? There are WAY more swingmen. If that's the way you're looking at it, then you have to look at percentages, and I bet there isn't much of a difference.
April 3, 200719 yr Maybe as many that have busted at C. Think about it. There are a ton of Durant style guys at the top of the game now. In the middle? Not so much... Great centers are, always have been, and always will be the hardest thing to find. The top of the game last year was Shaq..... before that Duncan.... The Pistons snuck one in without a great dominate center, but their center was the only one in the league who could guard Shaq man to man. Want me to go back farther? Like back to the 50's..... Ewing and?????????????????
April 3, 200719 yr and you're kidding right???????????? Morris' upside only comes to Oden's waist. So you think that Oden can hit the 15 footer like RM can??? If Oden is going to play at the next level(which he will do and still has plenty of time to develop), he had better rely on being able to face the basket and make at least a 10 footer because he will not get all his on dunks in the Association. Right now I will take RM's 15 footer with ease over Oden's shot.
April 3, 200719 yr Because it agrees with your opinion that is based on........ What???? Why will Durrant be better? He didn't carry anyone to the finals ala Anthony, he didn't play his best game ever in the biggest game of his career ala Anthony and Oden. Durant will be a better NBA player because he is more athletic & can do it all. Play inside & outside. It doesn't matter who we think the better college player is...We are debating on who will be the better NBA player. Durant is to athletic & shoots the ball to well outside to not be a star in the NBA. Tell me why you think Oden will be a better NBA player than Durant. I don't know why your bringing up the Oden/championship game...It's on to the NBA for these guys which is a totally different game & Durant will be the better of the 2 there.
April 3, 200719 yr Have you seen his averages for the season? Plus that Syracuse team was TONS better than Texas was this year, one man can only do so much. Oden certainly did not carry OSU to the finals and when he does show up they lose... Really what could he have done on all those missed shots. He was the only one on the glass, on the floor, and the only offensive option. How many would Ewing have won if Jordan hadn't been around? Or the 5 great centers who won it during his career (Jabbar, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson) hadn't been around?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.