USF Trustees Approve $340 million OCS.

swamprat

4 minutes ago, swamprat said:

To open in 2026. No more Ray Jay.

I figure a year's delay, so the first game in the new stadium could be opening day 2027 vs Louisville. At least that is what the future schedules show for the opener in 2027. 

stadium.png

Looks amazing rat!

• 3 months later...

September 6, 1997, USF played their first game against Kentucky Wesleyan. I was 39 and that game was in Tampa Stadium, the old Sombrero. I wish I still had my ticket to that game.  

If all goes as planned at the moment...

September 4, 2027, USF plays Louisville for the first game in the new OCS. Kind of a full circle. I will be 69 and I may be seeing one of my grandchildren playing in the game. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, swamprat said:

First official rendering of the new stadium by the construction firm building it and in it's designated location on campus. And of course, they are already announcing delays. Now it IS 2027.

I might start going to games again.

GAmF2IpaQAA-cJR.jpg

I like this rendering better than the one in the OP. Looks nice! Much better than RayJay for the Bulls. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you saw the Boca Bowl last night, that gives you some indication of how the crowd would look in the OCS will be. The new digs will seat about 5000 more than that place and about 5000 less than Nippert.  That crowd that would looked sparse in RayJay, just as they always do unless the Bulls play somebody like Bama, FSU, or Florida. I wonder if they will move the Notre Dame game to RayJay in '29.

• Thanks 1