Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at North Laurel 8/11 Scrimmage Updates

Featured Replies

?⏱️ Please post updates here ~ 

Cov Cath up 7-0 late in the first quarter.

  • Author

Halftime:

Covington Catholic 21

North Laurel 0 

Rumor: Willie Rodriguez is "announcing his presence with authority" ...

announce-durham.gif

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Any idea what the personnel for the offensive unit is looking like for the Colonels?

Picking up breadcrumbs from, I think, a second hand source with little knowledge of the Colonels. 

Rodriguez (?) interception return of 60 yards for a TD.

28-0 CCH; end of 3Q.

I just watched this game and Covington Catholic is a very talented football team. I like the QB and that tight end. The tight end got an interception and ran it 60+ yards to the house for a TD. Unreal!! On defense. 

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I just watched this game and Covington Catholic is a very talented football team. I like the QB and that tight end. The tight end got an interception and ran it 60+ yards to the house for a TD. Unreal!! On defense. 

Tight End is committed to Kentucky if I'm not mistaken.

He is worthy!! 

  • Author

Per source, JV squads for both schools playing in the 4th quarter.

Cc defense looked good!! 

  • Author

Cov Cath JV added 12 points in the fourth quarter. 

40-0. 

Final? ?

Sorry for the late arrival.  I have to abstain from BGP on the weekends or my wife might make me get professional help.  I was at the the scrimmage and have to say the Colonels looked good but still have to clean up some mental mistakes.

I think at the end of three quarters it was actually up to 35-0 but the last TD had a little bit of the JV squad sprinkled in so 28-0 might be the most accurate.  I liked what I saw in the play calling.   Most notably there were maybe one or two at the most designed QB runs the whole game.  Pitzer did run once or twice on broken plays but the offense was definitely different.  Rodriguez, Miller and Link caught my eye the most as the big weapons as they spread the defense wide and deep.  The offensive line seemed solid as Pitzer wasn't running for his life the whole night.  

The defense looked solid posting a shut out.     As expected the linebackers looked really good.  My question marks  preseason were more about the secondary, but they seemed to have answered those questions Friday with some personnel changes.  

I did stick around to watch the JV and Freshman games.  Wow!! is all I have to say.  The JV team looked really good and the Freshman team is unbelievable. That Freshman team is huge and will surprise a lot of people this year.   I will be following them for sure.    

1 hour ago, UKato91 said:

I think at the end of three quarters it was actually up to 35-0 but the last TD had a little bit of the JV squad sprinkled in so 28-0 might be the most accurate.  I liked what I saw in the play calling.   Most notably there were maybe one or two at the most designed QB runs the whole game.  Pitzer did run once or twice on broken plays but the offense was definitely different.  Rodriguez, Miller and Link caught my eye the most as the big weapons as they spread the defense wide and deep.  The offensive line seemed solid as Pitzer wasn't running for his life the whole night.  

The defense looked solid posting a shut out.     As expected the linebackers looked really good.  My question marks  preseason were more about the secondary, but they seemed to have answered those questions Friday with some personnel changes.  

I did stick around to watch the JV and Freshman games.  Wow!! is all I have to say.  The JV team looked really good and the Freshman team is unbelievable. That Freshman team is huge and will surprise a lot of people this year.   I will be following them for sure.    

Hallelujah!

33 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Hallelujah!

Amen Brother!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.