Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023-24 Highlands Bluebirds

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

If true on Benke, he is getting really bad advice.  College coaches love multi sport athletes.  There is nothing to prep for in high school to play college football if that is the path.  Enjoy high school while you can and play as many sports as possible.

Could he be graduating early and going to college?

10 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Could he be graduating early and going to college?

Anything is possible, but honestly doubt it.

35 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Could he be graduating early and going to college?

Highlands does not allow this to my knowledge.

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well now that we have figured out who might not play.....can we discuss who will play?  I would assume the 1 - 2 - 3 punch is going to be Nathan Vinson, Vinny Listerman and Brayden Moeves.  I am also assuming if Benke isn't playing then your next man up big man will be Nathan Kirst.  After those 4, who you thinking?  Is Lincoln Hicks going to play his Senior year, I would assume yes, if so I would put him in the starting 5.....going to have to wait on him for after football though.  After those 5 this team I get the feeling is going to be extremely young.  The talent is there but need growth and experience.  I would say the 2 young guns who will see some action to develop will be Nathan Rickard and Charlie Messmer.  

Anybody feel or know others that might make some noise this year???

Also, when is Taylen Kinney graduating?  

Junior Hank Shick will probably round out the starting lineup with 4 mentioned above.  If Hicks plays I can see him coming off the bench.

Anticipate any of 4 sophomores; outside of Vinny, Nathan Rickard, Owen Ebert, Finn Bouldin, and Charlie Messmer, to get varsity minutes.  All are extremely talented and are basketball only kids.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, throwback32 said:

Junior Hank Shick will probably round out the starting lineup with 4 mentioned above.  If Hicks plays I can see him coming off the bench.

Anticipate any of 4 sophomores; outside of Vinny, Nathan Rickard, Owen Ebert, Finn Bouldin, and Charlie Messmer, to get varsity minutes.  All are extremely talented and are basketball only kids.

?

You meant to say they don't play Football. All play baseball besides maybe Vinny. So no, they're not basketball only kids.

Also heard over the weekend that Sr Zach Dysilva isn't playing either. If you throw Hicks in there, that's huge chunk with the others missing from last years Varsity roster. I think Hicks plays.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:45 AM, Jack of all Trades said:

If true on Benke, he is getting really bad advice.  College coaches love multi sport athletes.  There is nothing to prep for in high school to play college football if that is the path.  Enjoy high school while you can and play as many sports as possible.

Totally agree and Benke would still would be a multi sport athlete even if he doesn't play basketball. 

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Totally agree and Benke would still would be a multi sport athlete even if he doesn't play basketball. 

Correct.  If he was getting ready for baseball to maybe be drafted or play collegiately at a high level I could see it.

9 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Correct.  If he was getting ready for baseball to maybe be drafted or play collegiately at a high level I could see it.

Training for baseball will be a priority. He will have Baseball and Football options to decide from this Winter. 

19 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Correct.  If he was getting ready for baseball to maybe be drafted or play collegiately at a high level I could see it.

Woah!  I'm a huge Benke fan but have not seen or heard one thing that he'll be drafted in Baseball out of HS.  I'm not sure he's had enough summer and camp exposure to play Baseball in college. 

Kevin Listerman will not worry about the kids he won't have. He'll concern himself with the players he will have. People forget that he's the most recent coach in Birdland to win a state championship correct? You never want someone around who doesn't really want to be there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.