Colorado back to Big 12 (2024)

Jumper_Dad

On 7/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, Walter said:

Thinking sometime in the next month or two Arizona will also make their intentions of joining the Big 12 public. 

55 minutes ago, Walter said:

Interesting 

I assume the per school payout gets reduced every time another school gets added in?

If true, why do the current schools keep adding members and reducing their revenue?

31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I assume the per school payout gets reduced every time another school gets added in?

If true, why do the current schools keep adding members and reducing their revenue?

Why would'nt it increase the revenue line?

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

A pro rata was built in to the new Big 12 contract that would allow each team to keep their current distribution as long as another P5 team is added. That is why Colorado will get a full share of the B12 tv revenue next year but UC, BYU, Houston, and UCF are only getting a portion. 

Fox will basically re-distribute the funds as Big 12 members instead of Pac 12. There was also a clause built in to the new Big 12 deal that allows them to re-negotiate if P5 teams are added. 

• Thanks 1